• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

valeo

Been having some fun with the cbble remake in competitive MM. It's far, far from being perfect - the B site is impossible to see anyone in and needs to be fixed up - but apart from that is a good deal of fun and offers something complete different to any other map.

24/7 Iceworld servers are the worst for your k:d ratio. There's always some pubstar who has like a 20:1 ratio and if they don't kill you someone will random hs you as soon as you turn a corner.

Looks like we found out what the payday mask stuff was about.

mattwood_valveValve Employee 2 days ago
Looks like Hoxton and the gang took a crack at the little Roberts Bank branch as well. Hope they cleaned up after themselves.
Just Easter Eggs added to the bank map in cross promotion of payday 2's bank heist mission.

Judo1ush.jpg

sWbLnWih.jpg

Goddammit, ten tries in a row and matchmaking will only put me on empty servers today. I know there are people playing, the game just wont let me play with them.

Lourio

Just joined CS-GAF.

I remember a lot of you guys being from the West, any one from the East? I'd really like to start playing Competitive more, only played a handful of games.

Maybe we can create East and West GAF groups?

Just joined CS-GAF.

I remember a lot of you guys being from the West, any one from the East? I'd really like to start playing Competitive more, only played a handful of games.

Maybe we can create East and West GAF groups?

I just made a post where people can say where they are from. Hopefully there are some east coast players.

Bracket

Recently got this game. I'm not good in the slightest, but I'd be up for playing with some of you guys. I'm east coast.

Steam ID: Sundull

soultron

Banned
Is the Bravo pass somewhat worth it for someone who plays CS casually ?
I play a few hours per week and I've been really loving the maps, yeah. Agency, Cache, and Seaside are worth the asking price alone. :)

Here's my thing:

Had a hilarious round on Agency today. 1v1 standoff on top floor resulted in both of us backing off. I carefully rescued a hostage and made my way downstairs and out the side entrance to the helipad. I knew the T had to be waiting so just as I left the cover of the electrical boxes I jumped to the rescue zone. As I was jumping the T got a headshot on me but it was too late since the midair hostage (now falling from my dead body) was scored. We won!

December 23 Update [CS 1.31.6.1]

Release Notes for 12/23/2013
[ GAMEPLAY ]
-Improved visual feedback of recoil through viewmodel.
-Added an option in the Game Menu to disable opening the buy menu with the Use key.

[ UI ]
-Fixed the chat window, radar and other panels disappearing for a few a few frames after you die.
-Fixed a bunch of UI elements going away when you were in roaming spectator mode.
-When the other team calls a vote, the local team is notified via chat message and no longer sees the vote panel.
-After voting, the vote panel no longer prevents your F1 and F2 keys from working while the panel is up.
-More messages are now blocked when a player is blocked (radio messages directly triggered by the player, name changing text, etc)

[ CS:GO SDK ]
-Fixed a bug causing workshop uploader tools to not show your first workshop item in the list.The

update is now live.

Size of update is 22.3 mb

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
What would you want in that's not already there? Serious question. :)

Assassination mode with Oilrig. I've never played it, but I'd like to try it in GO. Plus, that map seems popular.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
What would you want in that's not already there? Serious question. :)

There's Capture the Flag on Facing Worlds in the workshop. I haven't tried it, but if Valve made casual's matches not count toward stats so people could play Arms Race/Demolition/Casual/CTF/etc. without it effecting their KDR and WLR, I'd play CTF matches in CS depending on how well it was implemented.

soultron

Banned
Assassination mode with Oilrig. I've never played it, but I'd like to try it in GO. Plus, that map seems popular.

I thought that AS was a really unpopular mode within the older 1.6 community?

E: Yeah, it'd be nice for that, TheSeks, but I never really thought of CS as a KDR-focused game?

Is hacking "rampant" somehow, or did I just get lucky with weirdos ?

Bought the game during the flash sale, and ran maybe only 3 full competitive runs (with few casual games).

In 2 of those games, people in my team were chatting about using hacks like it was nothing. They mentioned that they bought an account or two during the sale so they could hack with some and play legit with the other. They'd also use an account to help their friends reach "Legendary" status with hacks (whatever that means).

Then, one of them asked the team if he should activate "see through wall" hack. While I was dead checking them play, that guy described perfectly where the CTs were coming from to the others for easy wins.

Anyway tldr. I had some weird first games.

TheSeks

The sale's brought some hackers out of the woodwork, yes. I'd just wait until the sales are over and hopefully Valve mass VAC bans shortly after the sale.

Anyone know how to move that alert to the side or something? It's been fucking me up so much.

I'm also having trouble w/ the tooltips. I have turned them off with the options and in the console and I still can't get them to stop popping up. Every single time I switch to burst fire w/ my glock it obscures my vision and I can't aim for a good 3 seconds. Anyone know a fix?

TheSeks

I'm also having trouble w/ the tooltips. I have turned them off with the options and in the console and I still can't get them to stop popping up. Every single time I switch to burst fire w/ my glock it obscures my vision and I can't aim for a good 3 seconds. Anyone know a fix?

Make your .cfg's non-read only. Apparently the configs are read-only to where you doing that doesn't "stick." At least that's what I'm guessing you're saying.

soultron

Banned
Strange times regarding hackers. I've put 30 hours into the game and haven't seen (or heard accusations in-game of) any hacking.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Strange times regarding hackers. I've put 30 hours into the game and haven't seen (or heard accusations in-game of) any hacking.

I was playing with a friend who was using the MP9 for most of the game, and was at the top of the scoreboard. The other team got so pissed, they started calling them a wallhacker. It was pretty funny.

CoolS

Amazingly fast internet over the holidays at home + 128tick server: OMG why am I playing so much better!!?

But seriously my normal ping around 60-80 on 64tick servers compared to now 20-30 on 128tick is a difference like night and day. So much more fun too because most of my shots actually hit!

heytred

Neo Member
Hey guys, I know this sounds like shameless plugging, but I've got my Stream up and running 1080p 60FPS. I'll be streaming Competitive MM, Community Servers, and AltPug/ESEA pretty regularly. Also, giveaways!

A few follows would be nice!

www.twitch.tv/heytred

EDIT: Playing now! (3:20 p.m. EST)

Followed you bud. I have the shittiest luck with cases this past week, Opened 5 and have received nothing but 10 cent skins. Not a single stattrak.

heytred

Neo Member
Followed you bud. I have the shittiest luck with cases this past week, Opened 5 and have received nothing but 10 cent skins. Not a single stattrak.

Thanks man! It's been a pretty terrible day of CS for me... can't log into AltPug, MM luck is terrible... and no good drops! I don't think I'll ever open another case lol.

Next thing I know, I'll derank. =/

soultron

Banned
I'm building a PC so I can play CS at home again. I'm psyched. Right now I only a at lunch while I'm at work, so it kind of limits me. :s

Still, I'm excited! I want to make maps but it depends on if I can get a Max license for home. Don't want to use Blender if I can avoid it.

chessnut

UGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! I started out 22-2 and we were up 12 to 3 on T side in inferno and we end up tying it because of stupid mistakes. Frustrating as fuck, jesus.

3 people on our team refused to stop awping and we were in situations where we had 2 or 3 awpers on rounds that we were buying.

heytred

Neo Member
UGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! I started out 22-2 and we were up 12 to 3 on T side in inferno and we end up tying it because of stupid mistakes. Frustrating as fuck, jesus.

3 people on our team refused to stop awping and we were in situations where we had 2 or 3 awpers on rounds that we were buying.

Don't you just hate that? I had a game this week where my 'team' was up 13-5... game ended with us losing 16-14 simply because my teammates refused to hold sites on CT and insisted on rushing.

zon

Out of the last 14 competetive matches I've played, I've ended up in a bad team 12 times (people disconnecting, really bad players and so on). More often than not I was the only one who had more kills than deaths. Is it normal to end up in a shit team so often?

CS: GO Survival Games

FAQ:
How do I play Survival Games?
Everyone spawns in a circle in the center of the map. After 30 seconds, players are released out of their cages and are free to roam the map in search of weapons. Survival Games is a free-for-all gametype, it's every man for himself. The round will end when the time limit has reached, or when they're only one player left.

How do I find weapons?
Weapons are hidden in crates which can be destroyed. Crates drop random weapons, with a chance to spawn a handgun, a MAC-10, or nothing.

Just spent sometime playing on one of these servers. A lot of fun but dying right off the bat means a long wait. I can see this mod grow in popularity. Hunger games/battle royale style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom