• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but the question is: Why are they locking half the workshop off? TF2 doesn't do that as far as I know and it sells bucketloads of items.

I guess it's because they don't have the "hats" or whatever that TF2 does and since they don't want to turn it into a wacky game (thank god) they have to lock half the workshop.

But that's royally stupid. You can't let people do it through the workshop like this skinning method and only have the "official"/pay-for items show for everyone else?

What are you talking about? It's identical to the way TF2 does things.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So then what is the point of the workshop showing me these items? To vote them up? Might as well toss them under "Steam Greenlight" than the Workshop for me to vote on while letting the Workshop be the "easy and free modding" that it was advertised to be.

KingKong

if it does go f2p (which I dont know if it would, it seems to attract hackers like moths to a flame) it could easily break 200k

vehn

Can you not queue up for Operation Payback anymore? All I see is Operation Bravo (and regular stuff)

Also whats with Operation Bravo saying its only until Jan 20th? Does it go free for everyone to play after that?

KingKong

Can you not queue up for Operation Payback anymore? All I see is Operation Bravo (and regular stuff)

Also whats with Operation Bravo saying its only until Jan 20th? Does it go free for everyone to play after that?

it will go away like Operation Payback did and be replaced with a new set of community maps

Hope they find a way to keep cache though

We beat TF2! We beat TF2!

maybe that's why snacks is posting here nowadays

Jank is dead. We don't talk about who's to blame.

And the Workshop in Valve games has always just been an integrated system of voting for cosmetic items and skins people like. And then Valve completely ignored them and put in random stuff that was nowhere near the "Top-rated All-Time" anyway.

soultron

Banned
Wait until I get my money right 3D Studio Max and Photoshop on my PC.

Gonna make so much of that CSGO money.

GAF P90 skins for EVERYONE.

Arkanius

I bought CS:GO at launch and never gave it a true honest chance. It felt like a even more wonky Counter Strike Source and a far cry from the good old days from CS 1.6

I've been recently playing (and apparently having to relearn all my shooting habits) and god, so much fun.
I miss playing Counter Strike, I really think it supplants Source and goes toe to toe with 1.6
Love what Valve is doing with the esports part of this game. They are taking a queue of what they are doing right with DOTA2 and bringing it here

Also, is there a comparable site like this:

http://twowordbird.com/articles/csgo-recoil-mechanics/

but for CS 1.6?
So I can compare both?

Because I feel I can't hit shit with AK-47 compared to the past, and I feel I'm 100% accurate with the M4A1

KingKong

man I bet this game is a huge cash cow for Valve, every matchmaking game I play almost everyone has m4/ak/deagle/awp skins and quite a few have knives too. also thousands of cases get sold every hour

heytred

Neo Member
man I bet this game is a huge cash cow for Valve, every matchmaking game I play almost everyone has m4/ak/deagle/awp skins and quite a few have knives too. also thousands of cases get sold every hour

Yeah dude, I played a game today and got matched with 4 guys queuing together... they all had the rarest skins from the Winter cases... Redline AWPs, Asimov M4's, X-Ray M4, etc...

I'm almost certain they bought them outright on the market.

I bought CS:GO at launch and never gave it a true honest chance. It felt like a even more wonky Counter Strike Source and a far cry from the good old days from CS 1.6

I've been recently playing (and apparently having to relearn all my shooting habits) and god, so much fun.
I miss playing Counter Strike, I really think it supplants Source and goes toe to toe with 1.6
Love what Valve is doing with the esports part of this game. They are taking a queue of what they are doing right with DOTA2 and bringing it here

Also, is there a comparable site like this:

http://twowordbird.com/articles/csgo-recoil-mechanics/

but for CS 1.6?
So I can compare both?

Because I feel I can't hit shit with AK-47 compared to the past, and I feel I'm 100% accurate with the M4A1

God no.

KingKong

Yeah dude, I played a game today and got matched with 4 guys queuing together... they all had the rarest skins from the Winter cases... Redline AWPs, Asimov M4's, X-Ray M4, etc...

I'm almost certain they bought them outright on the market.

its funny because in Dota I only see a couple of people with a HUD/courier/announcers and almost no one has sets, just random items that are probably drops.

feel

Oh, I agree, completely. GO is much better than 1.6.
Nope. GO is only better than 1.6, not much better. Assuming you're talking about gameplay, if you mean the overall package, then yes, muchh better could be aplicable but waaaaaaay better would be correct.

Arkanius

Nope. GO is only better than 1.6, not much better. Assuming you're talking about gameplay, if you mean the overall package, then yes, muchh better could be aplicable but waaaaaaay better would be correct.

Gameplay is a little better since it's way more balanced than AK47/M4A1/Deagle
Overall package is a fucking steamroll

Uiki

Gameplay is a little better since it's way more balanced than AK47/M4A1/Deagle

That's the thing I love the most. Just make the p90 less accurate to use while running (or change it completely to match an eco weapon, damage/rewards/price) and nerf the autosniper... and we can have a really well balanced game.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
That's the thing I love the most. Just make the p90 less accurate to use while running (or change it completely to match an eco weapon, damage/rewards/price) and nerf the autosniper... and we can have a really well balanced game.

I don't know about that... you actually need skill/reflex for the AWP, the fact that most players that know how to use it have great positioning may give the weapon a OP feeling, I somewhat agree about the P90 though.

Threi

notag
I hate the AWP in GO, the incaccuracy exists even after stopping.
The AWP becomes accurate only after stopping for 1 full second.
That's not quite true, but if it was that would be a good thing. Would add some much needed risk to that one shot cannon.

And yeah the p90 is the real problem in this game. That CoD gun needs to be nerfed into oblivion. Its worse than the autosnipers imo.

Uiki

I don't know about that... you actually need skill/reflex for the AWP, the fact that most players that know how to use it have great positioning may give the weapon a OP feeling, I somewhat agree about the P90 though.

I was talking about the autosniper, not the awp (which is fine by me). Autosnipers needs to be at least 3 body shots for a kill. Or 6-7 magazine size with slightly higher recoil reset between shots.

And yeah the p90 is the real problem in this game. That CoD gun needs to be nerfed into oblivion. Its worse than the autosnipers imo.

Yeah. I bought another copy to play with friends and on medium-low levels it's fucking abused. But the gun is kinda useless at higher ranks at the moment: too expensive for a 2nd round buy, no money bonus for kills, not quite good as a rifle and 100
$ more than a famas. Other than running and spraying like a madman, there's really no point in it.

I don't really think lowering the accuracy on the gun while moving is the way to go. I would love to see it completely reworked to be a excellent smg like the bizon with a proper use during specifics rounds in the match.

heytred

Neo Member
This - around Eagle P90 becomes useless. Too expensive for eco and it's too easy to just headshot some guy who's holding W/M1 like his life depends on it.

valeo

That's not quite true, but if it was that would be a good thing. Would add some much needed risk to that one shot cannon.

At higher levels (even mid-high) the p90 only works as an anti-eco solution. If you buy a p90 on a buy round, prepare to be steam rolled.

And as a big 1.6 player - I think GO is better in almost every way except for the fact that the maps are too cluttered and grimdark.

Do people seriously miss wall banging, ineffective smokes, way-too-effective flashbangs etc.?

At higher levels (even mid-high) the p90 only works as an anti-eco solution. If you buy a p90 on a buy round, prepare to be steam rolled.

And as a big 1.6 player - I think GO is better in almost every way except for the fact that the maps are too cluttered and grimdark.

Do people seriously miss wall banging, ineffective smokes, way-too-effective flashbangs etc.?

I miss gun registration and this game not feeling like it's in favour of those peaking.

Concept17

P90 is a bigger problem than that. I can do quick long-range bursts with it and get headshots just as easily as I can with an AK. It's unbelievable at close range, where it can easily mow down an entire team. It shoots too fast, and has the second longest clip in the game. It is OP, even at higher levels. Sure it's less effective then, but the fact that people can get all the way to eagle rolling p90 as their primary is pretty telling.

As for the maps - they have updated a number of them to make them a bit more 'readable' and less cluttered. Hopefully they continue that. I definitely agree with you on nades though. Don't miss that at all.

CS gun registration never made sense to me in any version of the game, but I didn't play 1.6 online.

I'm not good enough to complain about gun balance. I just hate being killed by running headshots.

Jhriad

So the game refuses to load between maps now. I can launch the game & load the map that is currently playing but then when the map switches it just hangs at loading forever. This is basically making the game unplayable as I have to relaunch the game after every single map. Anyone have any advice on how to fix this?

Uriah

So the game refuses to load between maps now. I can launch the game & load the map that is currently playing but then when the map switches it just hangs at loading forever. This is basically making the game unplayable as I have to relaunch the game after every single map. Anyone have any advice on how to fix this?

Try verifying the cache

Jhriad

Try verifying the cache

Already done. Trying a fresh install now.

EDIT: Still doing it after a reinstall. Think Valve will issue a refund of my $4? Not really happy about a purchase of a game that becomes totally broken after a few days playing it.

soultron

Banned

Some things to try. Delete the video config file, restart the game.
Try running full-screen windowed.
Also, try disabling multicore rendering to see if it fixes anything.

I had a few issues with it but fiddling with these things seemed to solve them for me.

Let's discuss crosshairs.

First, for those of you who didn't know, there's an awesome website called CS:GO Crosshair Generator where you can visually customize your crosshair and it will give you the code to put in your autoexec.cfg.

There's also a good reddit thread with people sharing their crosshair configs.

I use a small-ish sized cyan crosshair with a dot in the middle. I'm at work so I can't post a screenshot, but it looks kinda like this:

3935.png

But smaller and without the black outline.

*Edit - Here's the code for it:

Code:
cl_crosshaircolor "4"
cl_crosshairdot "1"
cl_crosshairgap "3"
cl_crosshairsize "3"
cl_crosshairstyle "4"
cl_crosshairusealpha "1"
cl_crosshairthickness "1"
cl_fixedcrosshairgap "3"
cl_crosshair_drawoutline "0"

Let's discuss crosshairs.

First, for those of you who didn't know, there's an awesome website called CS:GO Crosshair Generator where you can visually customize your crosshair and it will give you the code to put in your autoexec.cfg.

There's also a good reddit thread with people sharing their crosshair configs.

I use a small-ish sized cyan crosshair with a dot in the middle. I'm at work so I can't post a screenshot, but it looks kinda like this:

3935.png

But smaller and without the black outline.

*Edit - Here's the code for it:

Code:
cl_crosshaircolor "4"
cl_crosshairdot "1"
cl_crosshairgap "3"
cl_crosshairsize "3"
cl_crosshairstyle "4"
cl_crosshairusealpha "1"
cl_crosshairthickness "1"
cl_fixedcrosshairgap "3"
cl_crosshair_drawoutline "0"

I use a white dot with a black outline.

valeo

Don't see why people muck around with crosshairs etc - really makes no difference except for perhaps a placebo effect to begin with.

Don't see why people muck around with crosshairs etc - really makes no difference except for perhaps a placebo effect to begin with.
Huh? Default crosshair moves too much and is a distraction. Changing the type and color is definitely not placebo. Whwtever makes it more visible.

Holy shit how come chests in this game go for so much?

Only the new ones. Bravo crates used to be worth 60 cents and now they're down to 12.

I just do classic static and change the color depending on the map. I'm sure there are settings that help though, like changing the gap so your crosshair doesn't obscure where you're aiming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom