• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minion101

Banned
I never thought i'd come back to CS, but GO showed me how fun 5v5 is. Plus vertigo is in the game. I thought it was a odd ball map only I liked and played a ton of.

soultron

Banned
What is the best way to fight against a AWP user without grenades?

I'm still an inexperienced player, but I find you can do one of two things:

Most reliable: be wild as fuck. Do not peek around a corner since they're most likely posted up waiting for you. If you have to go, jump, shoot while moving, do anything that's not walk-strafing out. You could try strafe-stopping to throw their aim but I personally think that's risky.

Least reliable: Post up. Shoot the edge of the corner/cover you think they're going to emerge from. Basically let a really bad AWPer make the first move... but most skilled AWPers won't move once they think you're going to be the one to come around the corner or through a doorway.

Also, you can play it safe and just run away or try for a flanking maneuver if the path is there.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Don't see why people muck around with crosshairs etc - really makes no difference except for perhaps a placebo effect to begin with.

The "bloom" effect the default does (I use default non-dynamic, actually) really doesn't do anything. It isn't like Halo 4/Reach and other similar titles that use "bloom" as an effect to throw the follow-up shots of burst/automatic fire in random directions. CS/GO has a set spread shot pattern apparently. So what is the point of doing that? Set it to non-Dynamic or Classic (classic would be alright if it still had that "dot" in the center that the default has) non-Dynamic and be done with it.

What is the best way to fight against a AWP user without grenades?

If you both have line of sight keep moving until they shoot. If they miss, you stop and go for 3-4 shot burst to the head. Repeat until dead. They will kill you more often but if you kill them they've spent more money so it evens out. If you stop and shoot first most likely you will die because they only have to hit you once unless you have faster aim.

Deadly

Only the new ones. Bravo crates used to be worth 60 cents and now they're down to 12.

I just do classic static and change the color depending on the map. I'm sure there are settings that help though, like changing the gap so your crosshair doesn't obscure where you're aiming.
Still alot compared to dota2 chests

Booter

maaaaan, I should have waited to sell my karambit night. Would have gotten another 100$

Knives went up a lot from when they first came out. I sold a Bayonet Slaughter that I got from my first case for like $100 or $125 and now it goes for $250-$300 I think.

Good thing I folded that profit into buying a stat-trak knife though XD Although the stat trak flip forest doesn't command any more than a non-stat trak bayo slaughter.. da fuq?

soultron

Banned
My game kept crashing until i changed settings.mem_level from 2 to 0 - just curious, does anybody now what the different values mean?

The options in the config file match roughly to the video options. If it's a "2" it's probably one of the options that has a Low, Med, High.

Not exactly sure since I'm not at home to check.

I also had to do this to get it running at first. For some reason I've gotten it to run fine with it back at 2 though. Probably since I've tweaked a few things with my BIOS.

Liseda

I felt like using the default crosshair in the start helped me to get used to the different recoil/spread in GO than 1.6.

Some of these shirts are great.

based-on-pro-feedback_design.png

smoke-mid-everyday-420-version_design.png

KingKong

Cbble is so stupidly CT sided that it seems like the best T strat is just to rush B every time. IMO the map has potential but they need to make taking bomb sites easier and maybe get rid of half the hiding spots at A

CoolS

Cbble is so stupidly CT sided that it seems like the best T strat is just to rush B every time. IMO the map has potential but they need to make taking bomb sites easier and maybe get rid of half the hiding spots at A

I'm pretty sure both maps are work in progress, overpass probably even more than cobble.

soultron

Banned
I'm pretty sure both maps are work in progress, overpass probably even more than cobble.

Overpass is super strange. It's super easy to rush B as T. But, as CT, you can see into B from A/CT spawn.

One of the weirdest choices I've seen in a map in a while.

jerry1594

I installed windows on my MacBook and it runs so much better than that shit osx port. Buuut I still can't compete with people with rigs/I still suck. One thing that has really been bugging me is the SAS being in inferno and nuke. Inferno being in Spain/France should go to the GIGN and nuke should go to the GSG 9. They only get shitty ass baggage :/

soultron

Banned
Dying at the "I'm on an Eco Round" one.

Is it funny since he spent money on a molotov rather than a deagle(or whatever other pistol since deagle isn't necessarily king anymore)+flash or something?

I don't play much serious/competitive CS, so I don't get the joke. I play casual competitive from time to time.

ksan

worst part about this game is how much of an advantage high pingers have compared to 1.6, what the fuck did they do with the net code in the source engine?

worst part about this game is how much of an advantage high pingers have compared to 1.6, what the fuck did they do with the net code in the source engine?

This is turning into some unholy alliance.

I've been saying it for months, just by playing it, obviously I have no proof but it feels like theres some sort of lag compensation going on in the game.

Pings 45-75ms seems to be perfect for the game.

It just feels weird.

ksan

I've been saying it for months, just by playing it, obviously I have no proof but it feels like theres some sort of lag compensation going on in the game.

It just feels weird.

I play with 5 ping 99% of the time, then my internet went down and I had to play on 3G with 50 ping and I hit better, and I've tried to play on American casual servers with 120+ ping and had no problems at all, that's fucking bullshit.

also, of course i love you heavy's sandvich, even though i dont agree 100% with u always, the only problem i have with you is that your name refers to a game that's casual as fuck

jerry1594

It's not like that for me at all. Once my ping goes past 100 (and there are some painful times where it'll spike up to 500 for no fucking reason and come down again) it gets progressively more unplayable.

I play with 5 ping 99% of the time, then my internet went down and I had to play on 3G with 50 ping and I hit better, and I've tried to play on American casual servers with 120+ ping and had no problems at all, that's fucking bullshit.

also, of course i love you heavy's sandvich, even though i dont agree 100% with u always, the only problem i have with you is that your name refers to a game that's casual as fuck

TF2 was quality until Valve destroyed it.

I have like 9 ping for most servers. Feels like it's call of duty with host advantage at times.

Can't take the game seriously.

haven't played since last summer

how do i get an item drop, i've played something like 10 full matches and haven't gotten a single one yet.

IIRC, someone in here posted something about everyone having an "allowance" of 2 drops a week, refreshed on Wednesday. The more you play, the higher your chances of getting those 2 drops, I believe?

What We Know So Far
Average Ammount of Drops Per Week: 2-8
Average Drops Per Day: 2-4
Average Ammout of each type of drop: 2-Crates, 3-Skins
Can drops be gotten on every server?: Yes
Can I be a fool troll and team shoot and mic spam and still get drops?: Yes
How random are the drops?: Very Random
When drops recived: At the end of a game
Winning or Loosing, dead or alive does not effect if you get drops.
Drops only on VAC Protected Servers
Score does not effect drops.
No Drops from playing "Offline With Bots"
Join late on last round and get a drop?: Yes
Steam Levels effect drop amount: No
Drops can drop dupes on you even if you have them
Arms Race Drops: Yes
Local Servers Dont Drop
Can I get drops on an empty server?: No
Drops with bots on a server: Yes
Drops for spectating: No
Idle Servers Drop: Yes, but not recomended Since its against Valve Rules
No Cvars to control drop rates for servers
Two Drops at the same time: Yes
Weapon Exterior/Condition Change over time? No
Higher Chance of Drops on playing Competitive: Yes

Seems fairly accurate.

Robot Pants

So I haven't played this game since GO first came out and I only played one or two matches. But now I just started playing competitive mode this week and it's like I'm 13 years old again. Utterly hooked.
Competitive is the only way to play this game.

After my first ten I ranked to Gold Nova 2, but have since ranked down to Silver Elite Master. Once because I had to disconnect from one game and then from a couple of horrid performances. I noticed after a while bullets just weren't registering for me like they used to before. I was playing the game on max settings and was getting 60 FPS, but I tried lowering everything to bare minimum and I'm destroying people like I used to. Any ideas on reasons for that?

soultron

Banned
So wait... can I be the only player in a VAC-enabled bot server and still get drops? I'm sort of confused by that.

I don't think so. In my experience, there must be at least 2 human players. I also think you need to be on separate teams, but not too sure on that.

I'm getting into CSGO mapping (running Hammer right now, doing some basic blocking out tests first) so hopefully you fine folks will want to give my stuff a spin when I throw it on the workshop. Don't know when that will be, but I'd love your input since most of you have hundreds of hours of experience, I'm guessing.

My friends are really good CS players so it's always hilarious when I play a match with them. I'm obviously matched with players who are out of my league so I don't do very well, but I do unexpected shit like rush A when my teammates are rushing B and I get a triple kill because the other team is rotating and don't expect some idiot to come running from behind them. Those moments make up for the rest of the match where I turn a corner and get instantly headshotted.

Myz

Neo Member
Started trying to get a streaming channel running this week, guys want to help me out and give me a follow? :)

twitch.tv/themyzzzz

Currently DMG fighting for my eagle

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I don't think so. In my experience, there must be at least 2 human players. I also think you need to be on separate teams, but not too sure on that.

I'm getting into CSGO mapping (running Hammer right now, doing some basic blocking out tests first) so hopefully you fine folks will want to give my stuff a spin when I throw it on the workshop. Don't know when that will be, but I'd love your input since most of you have hundreds of hours of experience, I'm guessing.

Oh. :/ I don't really want to do separate teams for crate drops.

My friends are really good CS players so it's always hilarious when I play a match with them. I'm obviously matched with players who are out of my league so I don't do very well, but I do unexpected shit like rush A when my teammates are rushing B and I get a triple kill because the other team is rotating and don't expect some idiot to come running from behind them. Those moments make up for the rest of the match where I turn a corner and get instantly headshotted.

I know (and love!) the feeling. I don't know how the matchmaking works, only I have a high enough rank to meet these much better players on my own, and then surprise them with superstupidity! :D In regular combat I get my ass handed to me though...

Clydefrog

i'm friends with Luap

just sayin'

zon

So I haven't played this game since GO first came out and I only played one or two matches. But now I just started playing competitive mode this week and it's like I'm 13 years old again. Utterly hooked.
Competitive is the only way to play this game.

After my first ten I ranked to Gold Nova 2, but have since ranked down to Silver Elite Master. Once because I had to disconnect from one game and then from a couple of horrid performances. I noticed after a while bullets just weren't registering for me like they used to before. I was playing the game on max settings and was getting 60 FPS, but I tried lowering everything to bare minimum and I'm destroying people like I used to. Any ideas on reasons for that?

Your post made me check up the ranking list and what I thought was the third lowest rank (gold nova 3, which is what I got after my first 10 wins) is actually close to the middle of the ranks. Hah, I'm better than I thought I was!

soultron

Banned
Changed my DPI, disabled mouse accel, lowered sensitivity, enabled raw input, windows sensitivity 6/11. Shhhh - no more dreams, only headshots now.

BRB going pro.

Concept17

It just feels weird.

I think this has been the case for me. My ping is usually sitting around the teens, low 20s. Anytime I have a 30-60 ping, my shots just seem to register better, and earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom