• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divius

Just got my first skin drop for a weapon I actually use! Too bad it's not a great look for the weapon ;_;

edit: it's the M4A1-S | VariCamo

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Just got my first skin drop for a weapon I actually use! Too bad it's not a great look for the weapon ;_;

edit: it's the M4A1-S | VariCamo
I like the varicamo, is the one I use because I'm poor. Some day I'll have a Guardian.

Goys what are your favorite skins? I'm looking to get some cheap ones on the market. I don't really like many with goofy patterns or colors (don't like the laminate ak's, awps with crap patterns on them, doomkitty looking things etc.) but I am a bit partial to the rising skull nova, (though I'm fine with the walnut and ghost camo's) undergrowth usp and fire serpent ak.
Tl;dr I like guns that don't look tacky or goofy so I'd like to hear what you think if you have similar preferences
Everything currently using Candy Apple is awesome. All weapons need a Candy Apple option.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Tried CS:Source.

Yeah... I don't think I like that version.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Its hot garbage. What do you expect

A tech-demo for GO.

What I got was a Half-Life 2 Tech-Demo (because HL2 was essentially that) mod in CS clothing. :(

Nailing bots like three inches from the right of their model is also hilarious.

Ilúvatar

Played against at least one hacker in every match today. Needless to say won none of them. Has any used altPUG extensively? Is their anti-cheat effective?

cheezcake

Finally ranked up to MGE, first game as MGE and I'm getting rekt. Sitting here thinking its a whole new ball game playing primarily with mge's and dmg's. Then ranks.

jqEXnqZ.jpg

What the fuck man.

CoolS

Finally ranked up to MGE, first game as MGE and I'm getting rekt. Sitting here thinking its a whole new ball game playing primarily with mge's and dmg's. Then ranks.

What the fuck man.

At least you got a crate!

But I don't know, maybe it was just bad luck with the time of the day, your location and people looking for games?

Edit: I find the guy without a rank at all very interesting. He probably queued with someone right?

At least you got a crate!

But I don't know, maybe it was just bad luck with the time of the day, your location and people looking for games?

Edit: I find the guy without a rank at all very interesting. He probably queued with someone right?

He's probably getting boosted by the global elite. And he still ended up winning 16-10, so I don't see much to complain about. Doesn't seem like it was that lopsided.

feel

What the fuck man.
You failed the MM Gods' test. You should feel bad. I remember when I was double AK, seems like a very distant memory now lol.. forever in star ranks now until my isp get their shit together and fix my ping back up.

rCIZZLE

After transitioning to this from 1.6 for a couple months, I'm finally conceding to the fact that the deagle in csgo is complete trash. No other gun can I unload a clip into someone's chest from close distance and miss every single one. Best to just full save or go without armor when I'm at those awkward money amounts. Sometimes it'll register the 1deag but most of the time it's not worth the $800 lottery ticket.

After transitioning to this from 1.6 for a couple months, I'm finally conceding to the fact that the deagle in csgo is complete trash. No other gun can I unload a clip into someone's chest from close distance and miss every single one. Best to just full save or go without armor when I'm at those awkward money amounts. Sometimes it'll register the 1deag but most of the time it's not worth the $800 lottery ticket.

Crouch everywhere, or wait for somebody to walk into your crosshair. Then take their gun. That's all the Deagle is for, really. It's not much of a backup weapon for sniping anymore.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I always love reading Valve's presentations on their tech and approaches to certain "problems" they try to investigate and understand/solve. Thanks for posting!

CoolS

After nearly 60 hours of game time in CSGO, I finally gave competitive a try and I loved it. I can't believe I wasted so much time in casual.

Yup. casual is a total waste of time once you get into competitive. The one thing casual might be good for is to wamr up, but even there I prefer DM.

I just ranked up to Gold Nova 2 yesterday. The other team surrendered when being back 13-4, so I don't even know what their ranks were.
Quick question: I always play with friends that are somewhere in the silver ranks. If I open a Lobby and we queue together, will MM take the average level, or will it look for players around my level?

Here's a .pdf presentation Valve gave at GDC regarding CS:GO's economy and how they arrived at where they are now with items, the market, skins, and more.
Awesome read, I especially love the classical Valve feedback loop: they try something internally, they think they have a good idea how things are going to be with the community, turns out everything they thought was wrong, they analyze and improve the situation. Beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom