• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yup. casual is a total waste of time once you get into competitive. The one thing casual might be good for is to wamr up, but even there I prefer DM.

Casual would be nice if it didn't report stats. :(

I'll forever stick to bots

Casual would be nice if it didn't report stats. :(

I'll forever stick to bots
If you're sticking with just competitive that's fine, but if you're playing with bots exclusively because of stats just... don't look at them! :X They really don't matter, don't let that discourage you from playing with people.

Omega

Banned
After nearly 60 hours of game time in CSGO, I finally gave competitive a try and I loved it. I can't believe I wasted so much time in casual.

I did the same at first. I've been watching CS for years, but didn't start playing until last year. I didn't want to go into competitive because I thought I would just be holding my team back.

Casual is so pointless, it's not even good for warming up because people do the dumbest shit like camping CT side when it's a hostage map. I don't think warming up works when you play against people worse than bots.

Ended up playing on my second account with some friends, it's amazing how much I got better from competitive in just a few months. I remember going negative at the nova ranks, ended up going like 30-10 in the first half when we had 2 bots.

It really helps you improve + it's actually fun. casual is just p90 rushes, camping for no reason and playing music

Quick question: I always play with friends that are somewhere in the silver ranks. If I open a Lobby and we queue together, will MM take the average level, or will it look for players around my level?

Pretty sure it looks for an average, or as close to Elo matchups as possible.

TheSeks

If you're sticking with just competitive that's fine, but if you're playing with bots exclusively because of stats just... don't look at them! :X They really don't matter, don't let that discourage you from playing with people.

But my stats are reported to everyone else. :( I can't let my stats show.

But my stats are reported to everyone else. :( I can't let my stats show.
I'm pretty sure there's no Steam profile display of stats or in-game way to see someone else's. There's probably a website that lets you check but outside of you I've never seen someone bring up game stats so trust me it's not something to be paranoid about. The only metric people really care about are the competitive MM ranks, but even that's not a big deal or readily visible to people.

Why the fuck can't I alt+tab from this game?

Everytime I try to do it the screen goes black and I can't do anything until I keep pressing ctrl+shift+esc.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

Everytime I try to do it the screen goes black and I can't do anything until I keep pressing ctrl+shift+esc.

I have to alt-tab a few times if I want to get out of the game, it keeps shifting focus onto the GO window as the first thing you tab to so you keep going back into it.

This is the only game that renders my PC stuck on a colored screen (usually black) half of the time from shutting down. It's very highly irritating, I have to power the PC off because it seemingly won't respond.

cHinzo

Kept losing item by item on csgolounge lately and decided to go full yolo and be done with betting. Went all-in on HR, but changed my mind after thinking about it, looking at the odd and went with Fnatic instead. Won some awesome stuff. : D Still done with betting tho.

Oh and also made it to the MGE rank yesterday. Had a horrible CT side on Cache with only 3 kills made (7-8 for our team), but T side went great, made 18 kills and we pulled off a 16-14 win.
My aim still sucks tho. Compared to all those other MG players, I got the feeling I dont belong here with my aim. xD

Kept losing item by item on csgolounge lately and decided to go full yolo and be done with betting. Went all-in on HR, but changed my mind after thinking about it, looking at the odd and went with Fnatic instead. Won some awesome stuff. : D

Still done with betting tho.

Oh and also made it to the MGE rank yesterday. Had a horrible CT side on Cache with only 3 kills made (7-8 for our team), but T side went great, made 18 kills and we pulled off a 16-14 win.

My aim still sucks tho. Compared to all those other MG players, I got the feeling I dont belong here with my aim. xD

Congrats on at least winning some of the value you lost back. I also won 20 value on fnatic, which is me back up to about even. Not done with betting though!

cHinzo

Congrats on at least winning some of the value you lost back. I also won 20 value on fnatic, which is me back up to about even. Not done with betting though!

Thanks, congrats for u too. I kept immediately losing the stuff I won from those bets, which didn't make betting much fun. :\

Kept losing item by item on csgolounge lately and decided to go full yolo and be done with betting. Went all-in on HR, but changed my mind after thinking about it, looking at the odd and went with Fnatic instead. Won some awesome stuff. : D Still done with betting tho.

Always bet on Fnatic.

(They're my fav)

TheSeks

My 1.03 kda will sadly stand for all time.

Mine in real matches would be like 0.08

Meanwhile with bots it's 4.00

Can't change that because stats report in casual. So NOPE.avi

CoolS

Overpass Evolved Blog Update

Great read about how the map has evolved.
We talked about it in some oft the last pages but I'll say it again: overpass has been a joy to play in. One reason because its actually a realy tun map that grts better with every update. The other reason is that it's finally something else to play in than the standard fare oft dusts inferno nuke and Mirage.

Great read about the evolution process. Love how the b site changed an the connector at A adds SO much.

Someone's gotta fill me in on how to use the UMP-45, it's cheap and universal so I want to get the hang of it. I've heard a lot of praise for it like "it fires like a laser" for the first few shots but in my experiences the thing is just the whiffiest, slowest SMG. Feels like even when I'm stationary and got a bead on someone's head it'll just go right over, like it always starts shooting a bit higher than my crosshair. That, and it feels like it takes forever for the accuracy to tighten going from mobile to stationary. It's just so irritating to use.

I might just stick with MP9/MAC-10s on poverty rounds. I can consistently shred through heads with the MP9 at least.

Clydefrog

I don't know if there's really a way to "teach" you how to use the UMP. The only drawback it has for me is its long reload time. It's an outstanding gun to use when poor. Just get a kill with it and then take that guy's more expensive gun.

Someone's gotta fill me in on how to use the UMP-45, it's cheap and universal so I want to get the hang of it. I've heard a lot of praise for it like "it fires like a laser" for the first few shots but in my experiences the thing is just the whiffiest, slowest SMG. Feels like even when I'm stationary and got a bead on someone's head it'll just go right over, like it always starts shooting a bit higher than my crosshair. That, and it feels like it takes forever for the accuracy to tighten going from mobile to stationary. It's just so irritating to use.

I might just stick with MP9/MAC-10s on poverty rounds. I can consistently shred through heads with the MP9 at least.

Not a fan of the UMP at all. I usually just stick with the Mag7 or the CZ75 during eco rounds.

Clydefrog

After many losses and many failed unboxes....I unboxed an AWP Asiimov :D

I don't know who you are, where you came from, or what you stand for.... but...

I am happy for you.

image.php

Robot Pants

I was one square away from a stat track ak redline. It was right on the edge.
Instead I got my 8th god damn Heaven Guard.
Cool.

cHinzo

How do people even use the M4A1? Instant sprays? Burst? Tap? Can't seem to make kills with that weapon, while it usually goes fine with the M4A4. :\

Also dun like the small ammo pool.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
How do people even use the M4A1? Instant sprays? Burst? Tap? Can't seem to make kills with that weapon, while it usually goes fine with the M4A4. :\

Also dun like the small ammo pool.

This is why tap is key, double tap if you can manage it. You can't really do 4-5 shot bursts like M4A4 thanks to the lower pool of ammo.

TheSeks

That smoke rush on NiP your team did, Snow: Holy crap.

Dude didn't see ya'll rush on by by flooding the area with smoke.

Oreoleo

That smoke rush on NiP your team did, Snow: Holy crap.

Dude didn't see ya'll rush on by by flooding the area with smoke.

lol, is this directed at me? i'm not sure what round you are referring to, but that was a great game. we dominated the 2nd half. didnt realize we had anyone spectating!

Oreoleo

Soooo, I definitely just ranked up from Gold Nova 3 to Master Guardian 1 (gold ak), in the space of like 3 games. I didn't even know that was possible.

It was pretty exciting though!

TheSeks

lol, is this directed at me? i'm not sure what round you are referring to, but that was a great game. we dominated the 2nd half. didnt realize we had anyone spectating!

Yeah. It was second half. Like 3rd or 4th round after they dominated you guys going to B.

You guys take one or two dudes out at mid, then go to A as a group. NiP's "ITz_Lefty" takes one of you out. He moves back to starting spawn a bit/backpadles a step or two and then sits there. You guys smoke the T junction with 3-4 smoke and then rush by while he just sits there. Crazy. Then he sees one of you guys IIRC, tries to take them out and I think you or the CS 1.6 dude nailed him. After that it was basically 4-5 you versus the 1 or 2 at B.

Oreoleo

Yeah. It was second half. Like 3rd or 4th round after they dominated you guys going to B.

You guys take one or two dudes out at mid, then go to A as a group. NiP's "ITz_Lefty" takes one of you out. He moves back to starting spawn a bit/backpadles a step or two and then sits there. You guys smoke the T junction with 3-4 smoke and then rush by while he just sits there. Crazy. Then he sees one of you guys IIRC, tries to take them out and I think you or the CS 1.6 dude nailed him. After that it was basically 4-5 you versus the 1 or 2 at B.

Ah, I had to go back and watch the replay to see where you are talking about. That wall of smoke wasn't even coordinated we just all had the same idea at the same time. Apparently I was as clueless as he was cause he ran right past me through the smoke and I had no idea, and there was a guy behind the boxes right on A site that I actually had in my line of sight but I missed him cause I was too focused on catwalk, when that NiP guy came up ramp and lit me up.

When that guy peeked out after we ran past the smoke, he checked long even though we were all running right next to him up ramp. Must have had bad speakers or something, I don't know how he didn't hear us immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom