• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

MayMay

Banned
I dont really know how that solves anything, because they can just select English and continue to troll you

But it's not trolling if people simply dont know how to speak english, so that'd filter those out already. It'd improve the game for both parties because it'd enable people that speak English, and people that maybe only speak their native language to both have fun with ppl that share the same language instead of being thrown together with people that do not speak their language.
Trolls are always gonna be there, but I genuinely believe that this would make a nice difference.

Haha I have heard of the dreaded Russians.

There is a joke that if two Russian teams pair up in MM who will win?

The Russians with the better hacks of course.

Sad truth

Wunder

But it's not trolling if people simply dont know how to speak english, so that'd filter those out already.

yeah but if your perception of the problem has gotten to the point where you think every game of matchmaking has 3 russians that refuse to communicate with you then I feel like you'd need a much bigger revamp and filtering system than just taking out a small percentage of non-english speakers. I don't solo queue that much but in my experience I've probably had 20-30% of my games be legitimately bad, most of the time I will get a mix of French, Swedish/Scandanavian and Russian players who mostly speak English to their best of their ability, or at least use English call outs. Are you in EU East? See if you can set your ping to configure it to EU West servers, or something. Or use that region blocker thing.

Also, I find that there are so few UK CSGO players in competitive. Whenever I play casual/dm though I find a bunch of UK players wandering around.

MayMay

Banned
yeah but if your perception of the problem has gotten to the point where you think every game of matchmaking has 3 russians that refuse to communicate with you then I feel like you'd need a much bigger revamp and filtering system than just taking out a small percentage of non-english speakers. I don't solo queue that much but in my experience I've probably had 20-30% of my games be legitimately bad, most of the time I will get a mix of French, Swedish/Scandanavian and Russian players who mostly speak English to their best of their ability, or at least use English call outs. Are you in EU East? See if you can set your ping to configure it to EU West servers, or something. Or use that region blocker thing.

Also, I find that there are so few UK CSGO players in competitive. Whenever I play casual/dm though I find a bunch of UK players wandering around.

I'm in Germany, and I already blocked all East EU servers in the server blocker lol
I basically play solo by day, and with Gaffers at night. That means I play quite alot on my own - and it's just somehow a really noticeable problem for me for some reason. Maybe I'm just unlucky that I'm constantly in bad games with annoying russians that are out to troll me..

And you're right, meeting ppl from the UK in competitive is quite rare for me as well.

You know it's exactly the same for them right? "Why do we always get these angry try-hards that don't speak Russian?"

I don't mind playing with *Russians, as long as both sides understand location names I'm happy. It's not optimal but it's better than no comms.

*Russians seem to get the blame for any problematic players with a slightly Slavic sound to them. I have a Moldavian friend I play with regularly who happily corrects and curtails the behaviour of anyone being abusive to "Russians". He also serves as my strat translator, which is pretty handy. =)

The operation officially ends in the beginning of October, and normally they extend it for like 2 weeks. I expect the new Operation by November. And it looks like fmpone is in talks with Valve to get de_season into the op, IF he finishes it in time.

There's also that other map people talk a lot (not sure in what state it is). Tuscan?

MayMay

Banned
You know it's exactly the same for them right? "Why do we always get these angry try-hards that don't speak Russian?"

I don't mind playing with *Russians, as long as both sides understand location names I'm happy. It's not optimal but it's better than no comms.

*Russians seem to get the blame for any problematic players with a slightly Slavic sound to them. I have a Moldavian friend I play with regularly who happily corrects and curtails the behaviour of anyone being abusive to "Russians". He also serves as my strat translator, which is pretty handy. =)

That's true, and that shows that there's a big flaw in the Matchmaking. The game should just not mix Eastern Europe/Asia and Western Europe together like that - because the language barrier is just so apparent. But I guess that's just impossible to do, because Europe is Europe and everyone here is in pretty much the same ping range lol (At least people in continental Europe)

Yeah.. I guess everyone calls them Russians because there's no way of finding out where they're really from - since alot of them dont have their location in the profile (or its private). Not trying to be rude to the nice people in Russia (or all the eastern regions in general). I played with plenty nice people too.

CoolS

There's also that other map people talk a lot (not sure in what state it is). Tuscan?

The problem with that is, that the mapmaker seems to be notorious for never finishing his projects, and Valve probably won't use the "remake toscan, since it doesn't have his blessing.

Shadownet

Banned
6cf.gif

Overall I think most the M4A1 and AK skins are kinda lame. I LOVE the Master Piece and wish it had a Stat Trak. Guardian and Cyrex are also cool.

I agree this Robot. Only the Guardian and Cyrex are really good looking. Dark Water is okay.

Rivitur

Banned
The problem with that is, that the mapmaker seems to be notorious for never finishing his projects, and Valve probably won't use the "remake toscan, since it doesn't have his blessing.
Yup brute owns the license to the map and the last update he had on the map was in June. He's only been working on the map for over two years. He said he was almost finished with it but that was like a year ago.

K.Sabot

Titan vs Fnatic round 1.

KQLY already pulled his weight.

Thank god for the CZ changes, no more 3rd round buys after CZ ecos.

Messiah

Random scottish guy communicates all the time. No one understands him because his accent is so thick. #soloqueueproblems

ViviOggi

But it's not trolling if people simply dont know how to speak english, so that'd filter those out already. It'd improve the game for both parties because it'd enable people that speak English, and people that maybe only speak their native language to both have fun with ppl that share the same language instead of being thrown together with people that do not speak their language.
Trolls are always gonna be there, but I genuinely believe that this would make a nice difference.
Dota has this and it doesn't make a difference at all. Russian servers are in Stockholm unless Valve recently expanded so it doesn't make a difference in terms of ping, so most of them just tick all the boxes. You just have to stop concentrating on factors you have no control over.
They're definitely rare. Just came off a game with a Briton though and that guy's accent was unbelievably thick, Scottish or something. I usually don't have issues with British accents but I couldn't understand a word he said except for "gotcha".

Robot Pants

Just did a walk through of the new cobble and it seems so much better. Got rid of a lot of stupid corners (this map had way too many) and made some overall really good changes. Excited to try it in MM.
Anything to increase the number of classic and standard maps in the rotation is welcome in my opinion. Get so tired of Dust 2, Inferno, and Mirage.

Sullichin

So like I said, I only play deathmatch in this game and I'm not exactly great. I like to use different weapons to mix things up / practice / get achievements. It's amazing how quickly I get insulted when I use certain weapons.

Haroon

So like I said, I only play deathmatch in this game and I'm not exactly great. I like to use different weapons to mix things up / practice / get achievements. It's amazing how quickly I get insulted when I use certain weapons.

In these competitive games you will always have people that will bash on you because you're playing the game differently than them. It's just the way these things go. It happens in every competitive game, and the best option for you is to simply block them through the scoreboard.

In these competitive games you will always have people that will bash on you because you're playing the game differently than them. It's just the way these things go. It happens in every competitive game, and the best option for you is to simply block them through the scoreboard.

If "playing the game differently" means randomly covering different sites each round and buying mac-10's on buy rounds then go ahead and block me for being upset. Either that or maybe learn something from the people raging at you and try to think why they're mad... improve your game. If you're not willing to improve don't solo queue matchmaking and just play with friends. Sure you'll run into asshats who non-stop insult you... but theres always a reason.

K.Sabot

I love how nearly all the public servers I go to punish people for being racist, but then 5 seconds later call someone a fag, or that something is gay.

Haroon

If "playing the game differently" means randomly covering different sites each round and buying mac-10's on buy rounds then go ahead and block me for being upset. Either that or maybe learn something from the people raging at you and try to think why they're mad... improve your game. If you're not willing to improve don't solo queue matchmaking and just play with friends. Sure you'll run into asshats who non-stop insult you... but theres always a reason.

I don't know if your post is towards me, but I don't have any difficulty being a valuable asset to my team (in most cases a pug). I wrote about the behavior that Sullichin experienced in deathmatch mode.

impact

Banned
tfw your teammate abandons at round 5 and you still win 4v5 cuz you and your friend drop 30

losing to a team with a bot is the most degrading thing in this game

Mr.Mike

What's Valve's position on betting via things like CSGO lounge? I think I might start doing that instead of doing trade up contracts.

ViviOggi

tfw your teammate abandons at round 5 and you still win 4v5 cuz you and your friend drop 30

losing to a team with a bot is the most degrading thing in this game

With some players you're really better off with a bot, at least that sometimes means an extra life. Then again mine tend to buy Sawed-offs in fullbuy rounds and taunt us with $15k and an AWP while straight running down mid on Dust 2 when we're ecoing so idk

Messiah

I played Cobblestone last night.
Was pretty fun in Comp.

I want to try it again,
a few timings I want to try out.

Just played Cobblestone. I really liked the new design.

The fast switching from A to B really caught us off guard on CT side.

jambo

We played Cobblestone comp last night and it was rather surprising with the map changes.

A lot of "this is new" on comms, before they were headshotted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom