• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rixxan

im about as frustrated as ive ever been with MM atm

ive finished in first on losing teams literally

and i mean no exaggeration

9 matches in a row

9 losses in a row, first on my team, many times not even close in teams of score

deranked from LEM to LE and now ill probably derank to fucking badge because i cant buy a win

a few of the matches we've started down a man, with a BOT, others trolls, and others just bad players or players having off games

my god im frustrated right now

Messiah

Soloqueue is actually the third circle of hell.

3 man Stack, I fuck up one clutch big time and get flamed. So far I am not even mad. We proceed to lose a few rounds and the stack goes afk for the remaining 13(!) rounds.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Dust 1 is OK. There feels like there's wasted space on the map, though, like in T spawn.

BTW Militia is awesome in comp.

And I'll be keeping my 5-7, but now I have to figure out if I should keep the Tec9 or CZ.
I get scam trade messages daily for my M9 Bayonet. Really annoying.
Ignore friend requests from private profiles.

For those who do the betting, who should i load all my shitty guns on. The initial returns would be shit I imagine, but i'll turn it into a mountain of shit and get stuff that way.

ViviOggi

Soloqueue is actually the third circle of hell.

3 man Stack, I fuck up one clutch big time and get flamed. So far I am not even mad. We proceed to lose a few rounds and the stack goes afk for the remaining 13(!) rounds.
I told you man

I told you about stacks

No, at least I don't think so.
----
Also most of the Galil skins arent that good looking :/ neither are most of the M4A1 skins. Ehhh...

6cf.gif

s393.png

s351.png

s234.png

s435.png

s123.png

s87.png

s437.png

s126.png

s203.png

I like the CZ change. I felt dirty having to switch my P250 for it (I really loved that gun, but the CZ was just too powerful) so this is a very welcome change.

I like the adjustments to the A-bomb site on D2 as well, this way you don't always have to plant for long. If you're by yourself it'll be easier to defend when you plant for cat. Plant it, hide on cat and only peek when you hear the defuse.

0ehmlaQ.jpg

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Market prices on p250s is getting pretty insane lol. Seen a lot of the decent skins double or triple already.

I imagine people will realize that CZs were actually pretty cheap and the prices will reverse.

You just reminded me to check how the price was for my MW CZ Victoria

It was $5 when I last checked.

It is $10 now.

Bless you, E-economy.

CoolS

I've only seen that one 180 turn and shoot clip but was that the only one? That was very very weird but not enough to reach a verdict here.

I didn't actively watch the match, but suddenly doing an 180 and perfectly landing on the head of the guy behind the door is too much of a coincidence I think.

Robot Pants

Overall I think most the M4A1 and AK skins are kinda lame. I LOVE the Master Piece and wish it had a Stat Trak. Guardian and Cyrex are also cool.

For AK, Fire Serpent is by far the best and I think the best skin in the game along with Mendhi.
I think the Vulcan is ugly as sin. Jaguar is probably my second favorite.

I think this should be the next pick from the community. One of the best skins I've seen and id love to have it seeing as how I've just switched to the M4A4.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=307249448&searchtext=Soul

ironmang

Well, I posted about this a few days ago and maybe someone can help. Since I committed the sin of using a new payment method on my 10 year, 100% clean account they locked me from the market for 7 days. I kind of accepted that even though it's very lame and the way they don't tell me this until AFTER my funds are turned into steambucks is shady. Now I just checked and they extended the default lock period another 5 days from the 7th to the 12th. Anybody know why they would do this? I tried asking through customer support but I, naturally, got an automated response with no follow up from a real human being.

Rivitur

Banned
I like the CZ change. I felt dirty having to switch my P250 for it (I really loved that gun, but the CZ was just too powerful) so this is a very welcome change.

I like the adjustments to the A-bomb site on D2 as well, this way you don't always have to plant for long. If you're by yourself it'll be easier to defend when you plant for cat. Plant it, hide on cat and only peek when you hear the defuse.

0ehmlaQ.jpg

This changes everything!

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Do we have a before and after comparison? I don't see a difference in the dust 2 a bomb site.

Also, new cobblestone is interesting, definitely opens up the opportunity to be more sneaky beaky.

MayMay

Banned
Do we have a before and after comparison? I don't see a difference in the dust 2 a bomb site.

Also, new cobblestone is interesting, definitely opens up the opportunity to be more sneaky beaky.

They expanded the area in which you can plant the bomb, so now you can plant it next to those boxes on the right - I think (marked it)

283107c3956e29bf963091e037710893.png

Wasnt possible before

CoolS

There's no visual differene on dust 2, they just extended the plant area.

I was asking around for what weapons get used in comp play and apparently the Nova and Mag-7 get used occasionally which surprised me.

ViviOggi

I was asking around for what weapons get used in comp play and apparently the Nova and Mag-7 get used occasionally which surprised me.
Pretty much only in force buy rounds, occasionally you'll see a player pick one up on eco when he's got enough money for a buy in the following round anyway

Rivitur

Banned
You guys will be my new best friends for cs.

Your ip address has been banned from accessing this site, this is most likely due to past abuse.

Abuse from username: admin abuse has earned this ip a ban until: 2024-08-31 16:07:19

If this is not your user, or you feel your ban is unwarrented, gather up your evidence and email

I tried to start a mutiny and got shafted.

Hltv is dead to me. Hello GAF : D

Arucardo

Damn, should've held on to all the ESL stickers I had, the NiP and Titan foil I have is going up in price steadily now. Also have a cobblestone souvenir case (NiP vs C9) that's 20 euros now :eek:

Wunder

Mag-7 is great! You'd also be surprised at how effective a nova is as an anti-eco. Both for entries as T as well as holding a site for CT. Good, decent range on that thing. The auto and the Sawed off though...

Mag-7 is great! You'd also be surprised at how effective a nova is as an anti-eco. Both for entries as T as well as holding a site for CT. Good, decent range on that thing. The auto and the Sawed off though...

For sure, I never quite appreciated it until that 10 man I tried to get you in on: One of our guys had been drinking and didn't trust his aim so he ran mag-7 all game (Inferno). Ended up top fragging. >_>

Praise be to baby jesus

Will not give any of those shitfests a vote. Hopefully the next operation has at least two good competitive maps or else Valve need to hand this game off to someone who cares. WE NEED MAPS GABE.

we need fire, mill, season. Keep Cache as permanent. Cobblestone's gotten more interesting with the latest update.

KingKong

They already said Breakout is ending on October 2nd (
until they extend it for 2 weeks just like every other operation
)

Omega

Banned
They already said Breakout is ending on October 2nd (
until they extend it for 2 weeks just like every other operation
)

so i still have time to get my gold medal.

this game hates me, or maybe it just hates everyone. all my missions have been to get 16 wins on the breakout maps.

CoolS

Praise be to baby jesus

Will not give any of those shitfests a vote. Hopefully the next operation has at least two good competitive maps or else Valve need to hand this game off to someone who cares. WE NEED MAPS GABE.

The operation officially ends in the beginning of October, and normally they extend it for like 2 weeks. I expect the new Operation by November. And it looks like fmpone is in talks with Valve to get de_season into the op, IF he finishes it in time.

we need fire, mill, season. Keep Cache as permanent. Cobblestone's gotten more interesting with the latest update.

The way I understood it, Cache is here to stay.

The operation officially ends in the beginning of October, and normally they extend it for like 2 weeks. I expect the new Operation by November. And it looks like fmpone is in talks with Valve to get de_season into the op, IF he finishes it in time.

The way I understood it, Cache is here to stay.

excellent on both of these issues.

MayMay

Banned
The European soloqueue story:

*joins solo MM game*

"Oh, no one in here speaks english or my native language - and in addition to that there are 3 russians on my team shouting in their mic. Oh well, it can't be that bad"

*proceeds to play*

"Oh, we lost 3/16 because those russian guys were busy shooting each other in the head and doing other stupid things and because no communication was possible because none of them knows english. Oh well, next match it's gonna be better for sure"

*repeat*

EU players getting slapped in the face by CSGO during solo MM since forever™

ViviOggi

The European CSGO story:

*joins solo MM game*

"Oh, no one in here speaks english or my native language - and in addition to that there are 3 russians on my team shouting in their mic. Oh well, it can't be that bad"

*proceeds to play*

"Oh, we lost 3/16 because those russian guys were busy shooting each other in the head and doing other stupid things and because no communication was possible because none of them knows english. Oh well, next match it's gonna be better for sure"

*repeat*

Friend of mine is US, I am EU. We're on the same skill level. He's Nova 3, I am Silver Elite Master because I cant rank up thanks to EU players getting slapped in the face in solo MM. lol

After practicing my aim I ranked up from Silver Elite to Nova 1 very quickly, mostly through solo. There's always the infuriating match, sometimes you just get unlucky but blaming others ultimately gets you nowhere.

That being said, cyka

MayMay

Banned
After practicing my aim I ranked up from Silver Elite to Nova 1 very quickly, mostly through solo. There's always the infuriating match, sometimes you just get unlucky but blaming others gets you nowhere.

That being said, cyka

It's not "sometimes", it's "everytime" as someone that lives in the central EU. lol There's not a single solo match where everyone speaks your language or at least english. Not - a single one. And that means there's not a single solo match the team can win because of a lack of communication etc.
I'm mostly blaming the shit matchmaking - Solo games are just no fun like this.

Cyka Strike:GO needs a language option in your profile that you have to fill out before you can join MM servers - so that they can use that as an additional parameter for the Matchmaking. Just ticking what languages you're able to speak shouldnt be too hard - and implementing it into the game should be easy as well. And then when the MM cant find a full match with ppl that speak your language it can start expanding the search.

de_season? That'd be amazing

Rivitur

Banned
The European soloqueue story:

*joins solo MM game*

*proceeds to play*

*repeat*

EU players getting slapped in the face by CSGO during solo MM since forever™
Haha I have heard of the dreaded Russians.

There is a joke that if two Russian teams pair up in MM who will win?

The Russians with the better hacks of course.

ViviOggi

It's not "sometimes", it's "everytime" as someone that lives in the central EU. There's not a single solo match where everyone speaks your language or at least english. Not - a single one. And that means there's not a single solo match the team can win because of a lack of communication etc.
I'm mostly blaming the shit matchmaking.

The same applies for the enemy team though

Wunder

It's not "sometimes", it's "everytime" as someone that lives in the central EU. There's not a single solo match where everyone speaks your language or at least english. Not - a single one. And that means there's not a single solo match the team can win because of a lack of communication etc.
I'm mostly blaming the shit matchmaking - Solo games are just no fun like this.

CSGO needs a language option for your profile that you have to fill out before you can join MM servers - so that they can use that as an additional thing for the Matchmaking. Just ticking what languages you're able to speak shouldnt be too hard - and implementing it into the game should be easy as well. And then when the MM cant find a full match with ppl that speak your language it can start expanding the search.

I dont really know how that solves anything, because they can just select English and continue to troll you

Rivitur

Banned
I would like to get your guy's thought on how to improve nuke. I posted this before but it was shyte quality and very descriptive.
LKBCmPy.jpg

Basically what this doea create another opening to ramp and an opening to heaven simply by using the already existing catwalk in ramp room. No the connector to heaven is the problem I face here because of there is a door there it could lead to a quicker rotation to ramp as a ct which would be a problem. The work around would be maybe create a vent or something higher than heaven on the catwalk that would allow t side to access both cat and heaven.

Your thoughts? I know its not thought out very well.

KingKong

ouch, Titan poached 3 LDLC members and LDLC had to let their team go and released this statement

"We are reeling from this incomprehensible decision by our players who we have supported so much. Another offer seduced three of our players even before LDLC tried to renegotiate the terms of the next season's contracts." said LDLC's manager Stéphan Euthine in the statement at LDLC.com.

"While the future seemed full of promise of partnerships with companies that would have allowed us to ramp up, we now have to face this choice that paralyzes us. We once again find that the French scene shows a lack of maturity on the job of a pro gamer."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom