• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

naib

Do we have a GAF Steam group for this? Is it poor form to use GAF as my clan tag? I'm probably playing with gaffers already.
Feel free to add me: http://steamcommunity.com/id/deflorist

Mostly been playing on some bar room server. Most of the competitive settings on, but global voice chat. They get kinda rowdy sometimes but racism/sexism/etcism isn't tolerated when rcons are around.
Which is most the time. Fun server.

Been trying some demolition lately. It's worth it just for some of the maps, Wow! It's also interesting being forced to try more guns. Most of my go-to CS guns don't feel the way I expect them to anyway. Variety is good, etc. Cool mode.

lantus

Purchased this on PS3 last night while I still had the Plus discount. Pretty happy with it I will say. Disappointed they didn't follow Portal 2's lead and give me a steam version too, but yeah, that's pretty much the only compliant I can think of so far.

Did you save any screenshots? :O

One. All the useless shit I take screenshots of, I don't take cool ones.

FCA21C602008840E4057B9C9979137DC873148F9

anyone know how the ps3 leaderboards work? i'm looking at some of the top10s, and i notice they have no or very few mvps. is it strictly k:d ratio or what? i've been getting mvp practically every game although my k:d isn't the greatest, so i'm wondering how to break into the top100?

Xero

Do we have a GAF Steam group for this? Is it poor form to use GAF as my clan tag? I'm probably playing with gaffers already.
Feel free to add me: http://steamcommunity.com/id/deflorist

Mostly been playing on some bar room server. Most of the competitive settings on, but global voice chat. They get kinda rowdy sometimes but racism/sexism/etcism isn't tolerated when rcons are around.
Which is most the time. Fun server.

Whats the name of the server?

After playing the Beta (wich wasnt something i was expecting... not many players, gameplay wise nothing like CS etc) would u guys recommend CS GO for someone who nearly hated the beta?

DiZ_O

Banned
Will I be at a disadvantage playing with my 4 American buddies and joining their party when playing a game, or should these dedicated servers on the ps3 be equal to everyone?

Also, what's the deal with M/K vs. controllers, they're still being up in the same rooms?

Booter

I'M BRINGING OUT THE HOSS-TAYGES

I am fully in love with this game. I am having so much fun and I want to start recording my matches with fraps.

1024x640.resizedimage

garath

I paid a lot more attention to choke last night with net_Graph 3 and my results were much better. I hit one server where the choke was peaking around 20% in firefights so I left and joined another. Felt much better. Still keeping everything default for now until I'm comfortable with what I'm dealing with then I'll start to tweak. That net_graph 3 is huge though :( Wish net_graph 1 had choke, that's the only thing I need that it doesn't have.

Anyone have an issue with autoexec.cfg not firing properly when you start the game? I only have the 2 headphone tweaks and the cl_disablefreezecam 1 in the autoexec and I have to manually execute the cl_disablefreezecam cvar when I get into a server for it to take affect.

CoolS

Anyone have an issue with autoexec.cfg not firing properly when you start the game? I only have the 2 headphone tweaks and the cl_disablefreezecam 1 in the autoexec and I have to manually execute the cl_disablefreezecam cvar when I get into a server for it to take affect.

Yeah, apparantly the autoexec doesn't work for everyone. Try this:

Also add -exec configname to your launch options as it doesn't auto-run the config for some reason. (thanks to Ikuu)

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
You gotta be a real dick to plant the bomb behind the safe door in Bank Demolition

It's so much fun to watch the CTs run into the safe, then start frantically looking around like the place was about to explode or something.

oh wait.

This game is so good. When I'm not watching Netflix on my PS3 this is getting played. I really hope they support it. (I want them to add cross play back)

Shadybiz

What are the two headphone settings recommended to change, and what do they do?

"Set snd_headphone_pan_exponent and snd_headphone_pan_radial_weight to 2 (GldSrc) in the console for 1.6 like sound. (thanks to JaseC) Seriously, if you don't have a 5.1 setup, do this and enjoy soudn that is actually useful!"

It definitely improves the sound; you can get a much better idea of what's going on around you.

Clydefrog

"Set snd_headphone_pan_exponent and snd_headphone_pan_radial_weight to 2 (GldSrc) in the console for 1.6 like sound. (thanks to JaseC) Seriously, if you don't have a 5.1 setup, do this and enjoy soudn that is actually useful!"

It definitely improves the sound; you can get a much better idea of what's going on around you.

I use stereo headphones (Sennheiser HD 598) but I fake 5.1 surround on them with my Creative X-Fi sound card. It’s awesome and it really works fantastic in this game. I don’t know if I’d need to change any headphones settings in console.

Do you need to get a kill with all of the lethal grenade types for the "get a kill with every weapon" achievement? I can't figure out what weapon I haven't got a kill with yet.

Er, I'm a bit rubbish with the server.

The bots take up all the slots, is there something I can do ensure that people end up replacing them when they try to join?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Er, I'm a bit rubbish with the server.

The bots take up all the slots, is there something I can do ensure that people end up replacing them when they try to join?

// The Bot Convars

bot_add
bot_auto_vacate "1"
bot_difficulty "2" //Defines the skill of bots joining the game. Values are: 0=easy, 1=normal, 2=hard, 3=expert.
bot_chatter "off" //Control how bots talk. Allowed values: 'off', 'radio', 'minimal', or 'normal
bot_join_after_player "0" //If nonzero, bots wait until a player joins before entering the game.
bot_quota "10" //Determines the total number of bots in the game.
bot_quota_mode "fill" //Determines the type of quota. Allowed values: 'normal', 'fill', and 'match

Past this in your "server.cfg"

looks like you want the auto_vacate on

(from multiplay forums)

Looks like I can't even use google as well.

Sorry I was on Dota2, would have seen this and attempted to remedy it.

I was playing earlier today and people seemed to be able to join when I was playing.

LCGeek

formerly sane
I paid a lot more attention to choke last night with net_Graph 3 and my results were much better. I hit one server where the choke was peaking around 20% in firefights so I left and joined another. Felt much better. Still keeping everything default for now until I'm comfortable with what I'm dealing with then I'll start to tweak. That net_graph 3 is huge though :( Wish net_graph 1 had choke, that's the only thing I need that it doesn't have.

Use net_graph 2 it gets rid of that huge color bar and keeps the stats you need.

hyduK

Banned
I use stereo headphones (Sennheiser HD 598) but I fake 5.1 surround on them with my Creative X-Fi sound card. It’s awesome and it really works fantastic in this game. I don’t know if I’d need to change any headphones settings in console.

Personally find it's easier to hear footsteps with the 1.6 setup.

If the Americans want a server, maybe we could get them one as well. Someone over there would have to "look" after it.

Edit: I don't get these bots thing.

OG Kush

I don't know why 1.6 players would switch over. You have to do a lot better than an outsourced console version of CS. This game just feels half hearted. I couldn't find it on youtube, but the latest video ad for the game looks like something for a budget game from 2007, complete with extremely bland music. This is not the SFIV or SC2 of Counter-Strike and won't have that kind of impact.

If Valve actually got behind this 100% it would be quite different.

Exactly my feelings. The next counter strike should've been huge. It should've been on Valve's next engine and it should have all the options TF2 has at a MINIMUM. I'm kind of disappointed with GO actually. Anyone remember when CSS came out? The Beta stages of CSS? Goddamn it was literally mindblowing playing Aztec in the source engine. I really don't get the point of GO. They claim they want to make esports and all yet they're not showing it with their actions of what they've put in this game. Talk about future updates all you want but thats a bullshit excuse and they should've had all the stuff at launch. Why rush it out? I really hoped they would've waited till their next engine, shit would've been huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom