• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really impressed by the PS3 version. Almost no lag, mouse/keyboard is acceptable.
I spent a lot of time with cs:source and these are annoying things I want VALVE to fix.

- ADD Silencer to M4A1 and USP
- ADD 8 VS 8 ASAP
- ADD Chat
- ADD the scout, god I miss this sniper
- Fix the next weapon with mouse scroll. I don't want to change weapon while scrolling, just selecting it with a mouse click, so I can use "Last used weapon" more efficiently.

Objects in the map can't move, is there a reason for this ?
I can't seem to crouch and hide properly in some place, below the trains for exemple...

I am really impressed by the PS3 version. Almost no lag, mouse/keyboard is acceptable.
I spent a lot of time with cs:source and these are annoying things I want VALVE to fix.

- ADD 8 VS 8 ASAP
- ADD Chat
- Fix the next weapon with mouse scroll. I don't want to change weapon while scrolling, just selecting it with a mouse click, so I can use "Last used weapon" more efficiently.

I can't seem to crouch and hide properly in some place, below the trains for exemple...

Not going to happen. Movable objects mess with competitive play too much.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Did CSS have them? Not implying anything, just genuine curiosity. Haven't played it for ages and can't remember.

Yes and people bitched. PLaying a map like inferno or office became a huge pain in dealing with the clutter.

At least I'm not the only one. I remember in CS:S that choke was the real culprit behind a lot of those type of issues. Basically packets aren't going through hence that feeling of your actions not registering and opponents jumping all over you. I'm going to have to see if I can tweak the net_graph to see that again. It might just not show on my resolution.

Choke has always been an issue besides interp. If you aren't tweaking these commands off making sure you're not too aggressive it's worse than you had left the rates at default. updaterate or interp if you have no registry one of these is off and in the worst case scanerio it's just that the server is garbage. Some choke is ok 15+ all the time especially in firefights is not ok.

KooPaL

Yes and people bitched. PLaying a map like inferno or office became a huge pain in dealing with the clutter.

Choke has always been an issue besides interp. If you aren't tweaking these commands off making sure you're not too aggressive it's worse than you had left the rates at default. updaterate or interp if you have no registry one of these is off and in the worst case scanerio it's just that the server is garbage. Some choke is ok 15+ all the time especially in firefights is not ok.

Correct me if i am wrong but I always thought that ex_interp command is only for sv_cheats meaning you cannot tweak these on legit servers.

garath

Yeah. I've opted to leave all netcode settings default this time. I remember getting pretty crazy with the cfg in css and it wasn't always a benefit. I'll have to find the command to display choke and see if that's the underlying issue.

Robot Pants

- ADD 8 VS 8 ASAP
- ADD Chat

Scout is in the game.
Also I don't think they should add the silencers back. Sound is just as important in this game as it always was, maybe even more so with the addition of the new radar. None of the T weapons have the options of silencers, giving it to the CTs would make it a little unbalanced. Yes I know it's always been there before, but with it gone the game is even for both sides.

Scout is in the game.
Also I don't think they should add the silencers back. Sound is just as important in this game as it always was, maybe even more so with the addition of the new radar. None of the T weapons have the options of silencers, giving it to the CTs would make it a little unbalanced. Yes I know it's always been there before, but with it gone the game is even for both sides.

M4 needs silencer. AK is cheaper and OHK weapon with a headshot. Colt does not kill with hs on armor. M4 does even less damage with silencer as well. And no matter what you add to the M4 the AK is still the best gun in the game.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Yeah. I've opted to leave all netcode settings default this time. I remember getting pretty crazy with the cfg in css and it wasn't always a benefit. I'll have to find the command to display choke and see if that's the underlying issue.

net_graph 3 or 2

I prefer 3 it shows lerp. Make sure your lerp is gray and use cl_interp to change that.

Spot choke during a firefight that involves more than 2 people you can easily tell if the server can handle it or not. If it's fine I keep upping the update rates in increments of 5 till it gets worse. Same for lerp if it turning multiple colors or is red/yellow the server cannot handle your rates.

red731

Server is showing up as 1v1 (as in there are 2 spaces) in the server browser but 10/10 (5v5) when you check out server info.

Just finished playing with archnemesis. Great game and soo close at the end/last knife kill!

Open the server info, refresh and tick automaticaly join game when free spot is open - or something close to that, I turned it off for now.

ed: aand I am back if anyone wants to join!
ed2:and out after another lonely bot round

garath

net_graph 3 or 2

I prefer 3 it shows lerp. Make sure your lerp is gray and use cl_interp to change that.

Spot choke during a firefight that involves more than 2 people you can easily tell if the server can handle it or not. If it's fine I keep upping the update rates in increments of 5 till it gets worse. Same for lerp if it turning multiple colors or is red/yellow the server cannot handle your rates.

Thanks for that. Forgot net_graph had additional options. I'll play with it tonight.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Thanks for that. Forgot net_graph had additional options. I'll play with it tonight.

No problem I can't stand the thought of most playing fps games without knowing stuff like that. Good rates makes a big difference gives a consistency that cannot be ignored.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Adding text chat would make me play the PS3 version online primarily, seriously.

- ADD 8 VS 8 ASAP
- ADD Chat

Is the PS3 version pretty active? I've considered purchasing it.

garath

It saddens me that 1.6 still has more players than GO. I feel like this is a good next Counter Strike game and should be played by more.

bob page

It saddens me that 1.6 still has more players than GO. I feel like this is a good next Counter Strike game and should be played by more.
It'll catch on more in a few months, especially when mods and new maps start coming out. Just look at what happened with TF2.

Cudder

I'm guessing the PS3 and the PC/Mac version have no tie like Portal 2 did, huh? Like buying it on PS3 and getting a download code for the Mac version? Does the PS3 version use Steam?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm guessing the PS3 and the PC/Mac version have no tie like Portal 2 did, huh? Like buying it on PS3 and getting a download code for the Mac version? Does the PS3 version use Steam?

Currently there is no Steam Integration or cross buy but there was one time when the game tried to log into Steam on my PS3 so I think the groundwork may be there.

Xero

I'm surprised by all the people who prefer the 5 on 5 matches. It just feels so small to me. I mean its perfect for scrims, but I'm used to a 30 person source server lol. My clans server is 10 vs 10 so its all good.

Deadbeat

Banned
Because valve and their infinite wisdom made all those objects soft so you would get stuck on them. That was their own fault and the fact that we regressed in environment interactivity is baffling.

chiablo

I'm surprised by all the people who prefer the 5 on 5 matches. It just feels so small to me. I mean its perfect for scrims, but I'm used to a 30 person source server lol. My clans server is 10 vs 10 so its all good.

I used to play on the Got MiLF server all the time. 40 players, no sniper rifles. Some of the best gaming moments of my life happened there. These AWPs in CS:GO rub me the wrong way... and by "the wrong way", I mean anally without lube.

eot

Banned

I don't know why 1.6 players would switch over. You have to do a lot better than an outsourced console version of CS. This game just feels half hearted. I couldn't find it on youtube, but the latest video ad for the game looks like something for a budget game from 2007, complete with extremely bland music. This is not the SFIV or SC2 of Counter-Strike and won't have that kind of impact.

If Valve actually got behind this 100% it would be quite different.

So erm, has the performance requirements changed since the first beta?

I recall being able to run it at around 40-50+ fps on this 6620g laptop card, nice and smooth - but heard that there's issues with hardware.

I really shouldn't, but tempted to maybe double dip with the advent of people playing on PC here.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Just finished playing with archnemesis. Great game and soo close at the end/last knife kill!

Open the server info, refresh and tick automaticaly join game when free spot is open - or something close to that, I turned it off for now.

ed: aand I am back if anyone wants to join!
ed2:and out after another lonely bot round

Can't see any boxes to tick in server info?

LCGeek

formerly sane

Not everyone, personally I like all sizes granted it's not above 32 peeps.

Clydefrog

I find it funny that Aztec strategy is still the same after all these years. Terrorists must decide to either rush or they get picked off 1 by 1.

sniping an AWPer with a deagle from hundreds of yards away is still satisfying as ever

Zia

Has anyone figured out the PC/Mac leaderboards, or are they just broken? I'm just in the top 30% for Online Casual and top 25% for Online Competitive and the people ahead of me on my friends list have less kills-per-round, more deaths-per-round, less damage done, a lot less MVP awards, etc. The first day or two I figured it was a stat I was overlooking, but after poking around and playing with the various people, I figure either my stats aren't updating properly or it's not working properly.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Has anyone figured out the PC/Mac leaderboards, or are they just broken? I'm just in the top 30% for Online Casual and top 25% for Online Competitive and the people ahead of me on my friends list have less kills-per-round, more deaths-per-round, less damage done, a lot less MVP awards, etc. The first day or two I figured it was a stat I was overlooking, but after poking around and playing with the various people, I figure either my stats aren't updating properly or it's not working properly.

Same on PS3.

I think the whole stats tracking thing (as well as the ELO ranking stuff) is not really working properly.

LCGeek

formerly sane
I find it funny that Aztec strategy is still the same after all these years. Terrorists must decide to either rush or they get picked off 1 by 1.

sniping an AWPer with a deagle from hundreds of yards away is still satisfying as ever

All bomb maps are the same. Aztec now is much easier than before and it's not hard as a t to go in to bridge room and insta snipe the ct before he snipes you. If you don't rush then you have to pick off.

TS have ample time to either rush the bridge room or double doors and screw the cts if they aren't in place. ALL cts can do on that map vs good team is respond on bomb plants if you can get the awpers that tend to wait for you when you come out.

Zia

Also, they need to fix the vote system. I came into a Demolition match where Terrorists were getting stomped and did really well, tying it up 3-3. Someone on the other team initiated a vote and I ended up getting kicked. People don't even know what they're voting for. They just vote to get the pop-up off of their screen. It's a terrible system.

Parallacs

Really suprised there isn't a limit on audible spamming. I've been in matches with people shouting "back BACK!" nonstop for the whole match.

Don't most of these games have a "Wait 5 seconds to send another message?"

TheExodu5

Banned
Really suprised there isn't a limit on audible spamming. I've been in matches with people shouting "back BACK!" nonstop for the whole match.

Don't most of these games have a "Wait 5 seconds to send another message?"

No. That would be terrible.

If someone annoys you, just mute them.

Threi

notag
Yeah its kinda fucked up. A dude I played with rushed right into the line of fire, got killed in half a second by 3 people, and then tried to votekick me because I didn't "cover him properly"

I didn't get kicked because nobody cared (probably because he was one of the types who just yammered on constantly about how everyone on his team is terrible except him) but the system shouldn't be abuseable like that.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Best ragdoll ever?

iMPlNDNlFVcw8.png

Really enjoying this now. Managed to knife a terrorist sitting on top of a ladder on de_train whilst he sat looking down his sniper scope. Next round I stalked another unfortunate guy up another ladder. He then sees me following, and manges to get a shot in with his scout. I survive and through a couple of slashes his way. Cue shouts of 'bullshit'.

I wish casual would allow objects to be shot around though. Silencers to make a return also.

net_graph 3 or 2

Is there somewhere that explains what the commands mean and how to optimally set up the network settings?

Xero

Yeah its kinda fucked up. A dude I played with rushed right into the line of fire, got killed in half a second by 3 people, and then tried to votekick me because I didn't "cover him properly"

I didn't get kicked because nobody cared (probably because he was one of the types who just yammered on constantly about how everyone on his team is terrible except him) but the system shouldn't be abuseable like that.

Kinda makes me glad about not allowing voting on the server I play. The only problem is I don't know if they have a mod in place to auto kick team killers. I know their isn't one they have yet to punish them.

Clydefrog

Dumb question but how do you mute? I cant find the option anywhere

it's a damned hidden feature if I ever do say so myself. I had someone tell me this:

Hold tab to bring up the team scoresheets, you can then press the down arrow key to highlight a certain person. Then press the delete key to mute that person.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Is there somewhere that explains what the commands mean and how to optimally set up the network settings?

Here is a guide.

Whispers Guide to CS:S Netcode

That is to get a general understanding of the commands and what they do.

net_graph 3 or 2 lets you see all these commands

Rate - amount of data your sending to server. Always use the server max if it sucks go back to default and leave it be.
cl_cmdrate - make this your avarage fps if you want consistent other wise max it if you got the pc to do so
cl_updaterate - has a max of 100-102 I think keep dropping this until you have minimal choke below 20. Usually I drop in sets of 5 or 10 though you can use smaller values or bigger values.
cl_smoothtime - make the the same or double of interp
cl_interp - always use 1/updaterate or 2/update to get the right value
cl_interp_ratio - I prefer 1 when I can. If a server is giving you garbage registry or lerp leave it at 2.

Pay attention to lerp. If the lerp is yellow or red you will hit jack it should be the same color as the rest of the stats you see.

Use net_graph 2 so you do see all those funky colors and the like.

de_dust20006-1.jpg

If you do rates right you will never have a problem shooting. I had 120ms and did that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom