• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
bl48P.png

I hope they burn.

I'm raging a little inside. I'm so sick and tired of Microsoft's restrictive, rigid and archaic policies on Xbox Live.

I only have myself to blame though. My fault for not having a gaming PC and playing this the way it SHOULD be played. I'll have to settle for the gimped version.

Trickster

I'm raging a little inside. I'm so sick and tired of Microsoft's restrictive, rigid and archaic policies on Xbox Live.

I only have myself to blame though. My fault for not having a gaming PC and playing this the way it SHOULD be played. I'll have to settle for the gimped version.

A gaming pc for this, really? Can't imagine there is any kind of special effects going on in the game that would require a gaming pc.

feel

I have trouble hitting ctrl as well. Shift is fine. Ctrl requires some contortion.
I'm the same, because of it I'm currently using toggle crouch on CTRL, but that has screwed me over a few times when I need to go from crouching to running in a delicate situation so I need to figure out something better.

edit- it's just an extra day for a game that will be on your daily routine for a long time, relax the fuck up guys, xbox gets games earlier than other platforms very often

Majine

Banned
I'm wondering if my ordered Macbook Air can play this game. Everything on the specs seem to be good to go, except the videocard as I have no idea if one's better than the other. I'm not good with computorz!

Req: ATI Radeon HD 2400 or better / NVidia 8600M or better

MBA: Intel HD Graphics 4000

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
fO7Oql.jpg

They've added time to the CS: GO ad in the Games Marketplace. Should be out around 7pm EST tomorrow according to the countdown.

I'm still not seeing this ad anywhere on XBL. I've checked twice today. Is it just an ad or is there a dedicated spot for it somewhere?

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I'm wondering if my ordered Macbook Air can play this game. Everything on the specs seem to be good to go, except the videocard as I have no idea if one's better than the other. I'm not good with computorz!

My friend runs the game on his laptop with that 4000. You should be fine, although you'll have to turn down various options, obviously.

I'm still not seeing this ad anywhere on XBL. I've checked twice today. Is it just an ad or is there a dedicated spot for it somewhere?

I didn't see it earlier today either, but I just got on and saw it. It's one of many rotating ads in the bottom right of the Games tab. I guess you could try opening an app/game and returning to the dashboard to load new ones and maybe it will pop up for you?

I don't really understand why they would wait until Wednesday to release it, seeing as they've just released The Expendables XBLA on Friday. That being said I have no faith in Microsoft releasing it tomorrow. :/

red731

I bought it yesterday, even without being in beta(well, I was after buying) and it is super sweet.
I can still remember the old days playing first releases of CS, CS1.6 and then void, nothing, blank for a prety long streak of years.

I was having so much fun yeasterday!

Also the performance is superb after updating ati drivers to 12.7(newest 12.8=bsod@atikmpag...) I can play in 1080, with everything on max, on my two year old laptop.

Can't wait to get home.

Do we have some player steam list or something where we can add people from here?
I still need to practice a hell lot.

Never played a Counter-Strike game, but since I just added $20 to my Steam account, I figure this might as well be my first one.

Good idea?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
While they say there are dedicated servers, I'm assuming that's just official dedicated servers for matchmaking. Are there actual community servers?

The X360 versions of the Left 4 Dead games have dedicated (community) servers, so I assume the same will be true of CS:GO PS360. It stands to reason that Valve would otherwise clarify the situation (that is, if console players should take "dedicated servers" to mean something else).

Edit: This post earlier in the thread cites a G4TV article that mentions ELO matchmaking and dedicated servers "for all platforms" separately, so there's your answer.

So what's the story on the PS3 version? Will it have the Steam overlay that Portal 2 had? What about unlocking Steam achievements through the PS3 version?

Also, I'm pretty surprised that a lot of people are going with the 360 version. Valve's 360 support in terms of patching and updating has been pretty poor in the past. It's almost as if they begrudgingly publish on 360 only for the money. Then again, Portal 2 was the first time they embraced PS3 since Gabe slammed it when the Orange Box released.

JaseC

So what's the story on the PS3 version? Will it have the Steam overlay that Portal 2 had?

I haven't read a word about Steam integration this time around, so I'm guessing it was dropped when cross-platform play was dropped.

What about unlocking Steam achievements through the 360 version?

Has Hell frozen over? :p

rCIZZLE

What is the command to bind jump to mwheeldown?

You can just change it in the remapping option. Just click on jump and scroll the mouse wheel down. Or you can go to console and type bind mwheeldown "+jump" (not sure if this still works but it's an easy check).

antitrop

Dedicated for how long? CS isn't a game that's meant to be played for a few months before dedis are pulled like seems to be common with consoles.
Truth. I've been playing Counter-Strike since 2000 with WONIDs and all that shit. If you get into CS, you GET INTO CS.

solidus51

Banned
over 1,458 people have rated this game on psn already so thats preorders alone.
this game will have a strong fan base on consoles and pc.

Just noticed this

HPbTPl.png

:eek:
I had a feeling this was going to be an option

sbFALl.png

Dedicated for how long? CS isn't a game that's meant to be played for a few months before dedis are pulled like seems to be common with consoles.

lolwut
Which games have pulled dedicated servers?

rCIZZLE

over 1,458 people have rated this game on psn already so thats preorders alone.
this game will have a strong fan base on consoles and pc.

I'm still predicting console bomb. Most who have a deep interest in the franchise know it's a PC game through and through. Tournament support, competitive leagues, modding, and steam all extremely favor PC. Plus other problems like finding the right amount of aim assist for consoles and simply not having enough buttons to be ideal for everything you need to do. The buy menu will likely be a mess and a hassle.

JaseC

I'm still predicting console bomb. Most who have a deep interest in the franchise know it's a PC game through and through. Tournament support, competitive leagues, modding, and steam all extremely favor PC. Plus other problems like finding the right amount of aim assist for consoles and simply not having enough buttons to be ideal for everything you need to do. The buy menu will likely be a mess and a hassle.

The PS360 versions lack aim assist. #thewayitsmeanttobeplayed

red731

Anyone having problems with slow alt-tabing? Switching to browser is fine, but returning back to game is slow. Maybe fullscreen windowed option in cfg? (@workATM, can not check).

rCIZZLE

lolwut
Which games have pulled dedicated servers?

Well, since dedicated servers on consoles are pretty rare and often reserved for games that absolutely require them (MAG, BF3) it's really hard to give examples. Epic did some pretty shady shit with GoW3, almost forcing players to buy DLC if they want to enjoy dedicated servers across all game modes. EA is known for pulling entire matchmaking support after 1-2 years on many games. You also have to remember that this is a cheaper downloadable game. Dedicated servers aren't cheap, especially ones of quality.

antitrop

Well, since dedicated servers on consoles are pretty rare and often reserved for games that absolutely require them (MAG, BF3) it's really hard to give examples. Epic did some pretty shady shit with GoW3, almost forcing players to buy DLC if they want to enjoy dedicated servers across all game modes. EA is known for pulling entire matchmaking support after 1-2 years on many games. You also have to remember that this is a cheaper downloadable game. Dedicated servers aren't cheap, especially ones of quality.
Demon's Souls online functionality will be taken offline this year as well.

solidus51

Banned

ummm homie the buy menu is made for consoles lol

JaseC

Does this have cross platform play?

No, not outside of PC and Mac.

To give a (more pertinent) counter-example, Valve's dedicated servers for Left 4 Dead X360 and Left 4 Dead 2 X360 are still up.

Dgott

Banned

Not everyone has a gaming PC and you underestimate the power of little kids. Plus the Socom fans were left in the dark with no tactical shooter, so I think it will do just fine on consoles.

rCIZZLE

The PS360 versions lack aim assist. #thewayitsmeanttobeplayed

Even though people rag on consoles for having aim assist, it's not a fair comparison. Mouse is so much more versatile than a shitty analog stick. Turn on some steep mouse acceleration that's comparable to a stick and see for yourself. It'll be too frustrating to bring in new players which is exactly what they need to build a community that doesn't exist.

ummm homie the buy menu is made for consoles lol

How is the casual playlist going to work? The one that doesn't have a spawn timer. First person who buys a deagle gets an amazing jump on people on the other team buying full gear. This isn't as much of a problem on PC since the numpad lets people buy their gear in 2-3 seconds easy.

Demon's Souls online functionality will be taken offline this year as well.

Yep exactly. They need to pay shitty console fees to even have online modes PLUS the costs of dedicated servers. For a PSN/XBLA game? I just don't see it happening.

Not everyone has a gaming PC and you underestimate the power of little kids. Plus the Socom fans were left in the dark with no tactical shooter, so I think it will do just fine on consoles.

CS on it's face is a very arcadey shooter with a competitive scene that made it very tactical. It's hard to sell a new generation on a game that doesn't have Halo/CoD/BF3/GoW marketing capabilities.

Formless

I'm playing on ~2 year old Thinkpad with integrated graphics, it has Intel HD Graphics 2000 I believe. I only got around sub-15 frames/sec on 1280x800 resolution with low settings, yours could probably do a good amount better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom