• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.
No word on dedicated servers for consoles yet?
G4 preview a few months ago said dedicated servers for all platforms.

http://www.g4tv.com/games/xbox-360/65695/counter-strike-global-offensive/articles/77548/counter-strike-global-offensive-hands-on-preview-new-modes-classic-gameplay-and-a-great-price/

With CS: GO, Valve's sure to impress new and old Counter-Strike fans alike. It's got nostalgic touches that'll make older fans of the series happy, better maps thanks to community support, a fresh, beautiful coat of paint, ELO matchmaking, dedicated servers for every platform, and at a price point of only $15 on all systems, just about anyone will be able to get in on the action.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is coming to PC, Mac, XBLA, and PSN on August 21, 2012.

JonCha

Bloody hell this is a tenner for the UK right now. How is this for a total Counter-Strike noob, and how would playing this with a controller on PC be?

CoolS

Bloody hell this is a tenner for the UK right now. How is this for a total Counter-Strike noob, and how would playing this with a controller on PC be?
I don't know if the matchmaking takes controllers into consideration on PC, but you'll probably be slaughteted by people witk kb/m.

mxgt

Banned

I'm not going to sugar coat it, you're going to get dominated by KB/M players in a game like this.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Are PS+ members still getting a free trial? I'm kind of broke so I figure I'd play the trial until the end of the week when I get paid.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
New patch out!

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Beta Update Released
Product Update - Valve
16:55
Release notes for 8/20 Update

Gameplay:
• Added the Weapons Course to the game.

UI:
• Voice notification can now show more players talking.
• Updated the freeze panel to no longer show the heath for your killer in competitive mode.
• Added an option in the menu to disable the game instructor messages.
• Update to the player info panel to no longer show achievement alerts.
• Update to the leaderboard screen to default to “Friends” filter.
• Added the “Total Games Played” leaderboard category.
• Updated the Play With Friends screen:
-- Made the chat window bigger so text is no longer cut off.
-- Adjusted the size of dimming when the focus changes between friends list and lobby list. It used to obscure the friends list and a little of the chat. Now it only obscures the friends list.

Bug Fixes:
• Updated the radio command panel so that the radio panel doesn't end up at the top of the screen during a mode that doesn't have a money panel.
• Set Classic Casual deadtalk to 0 to encourage fair play.
• Fixed the freeze panel dynamic positioning that would allow it to go too high.
• Fixed a missing text string displayed when player is not connected to Steam in leaderboards.
• Fixed a bug where the Mag7 could be bought by Ts via console commands.
• Fixed a bug where adding favorite server was not functional in the Community Server UI.
• Fixed a bug in the Play With Friends lobby where using left and right on keyboard or gamepad made the screen unresponsive.
• Fixed a bug in the Play With Friends lobby where typing in the Chat window would cause player names to flicker in the friends list.
• Fix for voice/chat/radio messages. Better unified the handling of voice and chat messages.
-- Chat messages now correctly use sv_allchat (instead of sv_alltalk), which should be more consistent with other source games.
-- Team-only communications now are not affected by sv_allchat/sv_alltalk, which means that private communications to one's team stay private, regardless of game mode.
-- Team-only communication is also not overridden by sv_full_alltalk, which allows teams to privately communicate strategy during warmup time and intermission.
-- Radio commands are considered team-only, so these should still be usable for tactics during games with sv_alltalk enabled (e.g. casual).
-- Spectators no longer hear team-only communications, except when sv_spec_hear is mode 2 (hear/see comms of the spectated teams).

Audio:
• Increased the audible range of the c4 plant and disarm sounds.
• Fixed audio randomly chirping/screeching on certain levels.

Matchmaking:
• Tuned lobby distance computations when performing matchmaking.
• Exposed a convar ("mm_csgo_community_search_players_min") for community quick match to look for community servers having at least specified number of human players already playing.

Community:
• Shipped zombie model to support the Zombie Mod

Mahonay

Banned
I'm pretty damn excited to pick this up on XBL for the sole reason I can actually be competitive in Counter-Strike for once. Any time I venture into CS on PC it leads to my utter destruction. I got on that train far too late. I was never a big PC gamer growing up and tried to check it out later on. It wasn't pretty. I'm more attuned to console shooters in general.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
That is just shitty practice, games usually come out on Tuesday so by MS policy let's delay Skyrim because it came out on a Friday!

Still showing up on the dashboard
9XqLc.jpg

I'm not seeing this anywhere on the dashboard.

Still hesitant about getting this on the 360 because of balance patches and the fact that its still Counter Strike on a console. I've got 1200 MSP but zero steam funbux.

commissar

I imagine the actual release will simply rename the beta.

I don't see why you'd need to re-download anything, considering how Valve MP games are works in progress.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!

I don't see why you'd need to re-download anything, considering how Valve MP games are works in progress.

You'll probably have to redownload it. I have separate entries in my library for CS:S beta and TF2 beta.

StuBurns

Banned

Why would they do that? CS:S and TF2 both have separate Beta clients. Are they really going to rename the Beta, remove the second client from our libraries, then add another client labelled Beta?

Igo

I hated the default crosshair and changed it to this. I found the instructions on the Steam forums somewhere.

uNmIa.jpg

Dump this into the autoexec.cfg if you want your crosshairs to look the same --

Other useful commands I found on the steam forums --

I also copied and pasted the stuff in the highframes TF2 config found here - http://fakkelbrigade.eu/chris/configs/ - to my CS GO autoexec. It reduced some of the graphical fluff and makes the game cleaner and the models easier to see.
The crosshair and model commands won't load through my autoexec. No clue what's going on as the headphone commands and fps_max/showfps are working.

Most of the commands in that TF config don't exist in GO either. I just removed all of it as i'm too lazy to figure out which load and which are unknown to the game.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Why would they do that? CS:S and TF2 both have separate Beta clients. Are they really going to rename the Beta, remove the second client from our libraries, then add another client labelled Beta?

Beta is the preload.

Weapons training course is exactly what it sounds like (it is not like itemtest at all.)

commissar

I get what you mean, but this is an updated, pre-release beta.
So I doubt there will be anything functionally different.

Seems wasteful to not just rollover the existing download :)

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO

Considering if you were in the beta and tried to buy the game it said you already owned it, I expect this to happen.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Are the pc requirements going to be low? Love counterstrike, probably the only game I've played a lot on LAN. But that was over ten years ago, I'll be rubbish now but still enjoy it

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
It sounds like it's just shared content like you often get with Source game downloads. I imagine we'll have the game listed twice, and the beta will remain the beta version, but they'll be aligned initially.

Pretty sure the beta is saying goodbye tomorrow. Like, from your library.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I noticed someone posted Xbox 360 videos of my gameplay from the first 4 maps.

Here is some more I did from the other maps and game modes. I also have uploading a quick look through the menus for those who want to see controller options and such for consoles. You can find that below plus the download size is 1.98 GB on Xbox Live.

Lastly I'm uploading a video which takes a look at Weapons Course since I got told you guys on PC don't have it yet. It might still say processing since I'm on sucky internet at the moment just give it a few hours.

Casual - Dust 2 - Inferno - Italy - Train
Arms Race - Shoots - Baggage
Deolition - Bank - Sugarcrane - St.Marc - Lake - Safehouse
Options & Controls
Weapons Course

I remember left 4 dead 2 was to unlock at midnight, ended up unlocking at 7 in the morning. I'd just recommend going to bed and playing tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom