• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recall

I really wish I could figure out before hand whether my laptop with its integrated card will play this. Granted it can play most things on the lowest/mid settings but I really want in on this and don't want to resort to playing it on the 360.

CoolS

I think it sounds fine on my 5.1 setup. Is this for headphone people only? Also why does the game say I already own it? I was an early beta person does that mean I get the game free? Or is it a glitch?
Yes I think 5.1 users are the inly exeption.

And yes, that seems to be a glitch unfortunately.

OSHAN

I've been searching but I can't seem to find any footage fo the PS3 build. Anyone know what's up with that? Portal 2 was great on PS3 so I don't get the lack of exposure here.

Uiki

g5hhQ.png

He better have messed up..

https://twitter.com/MarcTrudeau/status/237562899441258498/photo/1

HMM.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
This seems like a bit of an underwhelming upgrade, kind of like CS: Source was in its time, at least visually. That blocky arch in De_Dust sticks out a lot in that screenshot. I guess they still want low end PCs to run this smoothly. Oh well, I'll be trying it still.

Gowans

I'll be grabbing this on 360 as that's where my friends are. I really hope they don't give up and keep patch this if need.

I'll be grabbing this on 360 as that's where my friends are. I really hope they don't give up and keep patch this if need.

That's why I was going to go for the PS3 version, but Sony are keeping quiet as usual about it which means an EU release date is up in the air....

I'm sure it will be fine though on 360.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I think it sounds fine on my 5.1 setup. Is this for headphone people only? Also why does the game say I already own it? I was an early beta person does that mean I get the game free? Or is it a glitch?

The settings are tailored for headphones, yes, and although the August 11 patch notes mention snd_speaker variants for speaker-based setups, they weren't showing up for me in the console. I didn't see any mention of them being removed in the more recent patch notes, so perhaps the game has to be set to a speaker setup for them to be visible?

waypoetic

Banned
No word huh SCEE? Gawd, i hate those blog guys so much. What's their job? Drinking coffee and spamming Twitter with old news?

No word huh SCEE? Gawd, i hate those blog guys so much. What's their job? Drinking coffee and spamming Twitter with old news?

Annoying isn't it?

The only response I could see to a dozen questions was one of the managers saying it's down to Valve and they'll let us know when more concrete information is coming in.

Concrete information lacking a day before advertised launch? :|

Not the first time either, unfortunately.

twofold

I'm really loving the game. Tons of fun. I haven't played CS in years, though, and I really suck. According to my Quake Live stats, I usually hit between 30-40% accuracy when playing a game of deathmatch, but I can't hit shit with an AK or an M4, haha.

I hated the default crosshair and changed it to this. I found the instructions on the Steam forums somewhere.

uNmIa.jpg

Dump this into the autoexec.cfg if you want your crosshairs to look the same --

//use 5 for custom color with rgb
cl_crosshaircolor "5"

//dark pink, shows up best
cl_crosshaircolor_r "255"
cl_crosshaircolor_g "20"
cl_crosshaircolor_b "147"

//put dot in center
cl_crosshairdot "1"

//set to 0 to remove crosshair lines and use only dot
cl_crosshairsize "5"

//choose dot thickness
cl_crosshairthickness "1"

Other useful commands I found on the steam forums --

//hold gun in your left hand - if you're using right handed models, you're doing it wrong!
cl_righthand "0"

// removes the shifting of the arm when crouching down.
cl_viewmodel_shift_left_amt "0"
cl_viewmodel_shift_right_amt "0"

// removes the bobbing of the weapon back and forth, when you run.
cl_bob_lower_amt "0"
cl_bobamt_lat "0"
cl_bobamt_vert "0"

// lowers delay between sounds.
snd_mixahead "0.05"

// causes the scope to move less while moving scoped and reduces bobbing effect
cl_bobcycle "2"

I also copied and pasted the stuff in the highframes TF2 config found here - http://fakkelbrigade.eu/chris/configs/ - to my CS GO autoexec. It reduced some of the graphical fluff and makes the game cleaner and the models easier to see.

twofold

"if you're using right handed models, you're doing it wrong!"

Who wrote this elitist bullshit.

I did. :p

I first started playing CS with beta 3 or beta 4 where there were only left handed models. Playing it with right handed models just feels wrong.

And chill out. It was meant to be tongue in cheek.

FinKL

// causes the scope to move less while moving scoped and reduces bobbing effect
cl_bobcycle "2"

Whoa, does this give some advantage? I mean why wouldn't you want reduce the bobbing effect and scope to move less while zoomed in. Give me a command to remove blur while jumping with the awp :)

solidus51

Banned
I've been searching but I can't seem to find any footage fo the PS3 build. Anyone know what's up with that? Portal 2 was great on PS3 so I don't get the lack of exposure here.
Ps3 version was the best version. But I've seen a short clip of the ps3 version in a montage made by sony for e3. I just wanna know the deal with dedicated servers for ps3

RdN

I was sure that this was launching tomorrow on Xbox, but now Major Nelson says it's only on Wednesday.

Fuck this..

CoolS

I have no idea why but my autoexec.cfg doesn't seem to work. I put it in the /csgo/cfg folder. Help anyone?

Cardigan

I have no idea why but my autoexec.cfg doesn't seem to work. I put it in the /csgo/cfg folder. Help anyone?

Try capitalizing CFG. And I always put an echo statement in there so I can check the console at launch and make sure it's firing off.

KPunk

i am really enjoying this game. when i first started playing the beta, the game disappointed me, just didn't feel like CS. i am very happy with the recent update that came out last week. the game feels much better and honestly reminds me a lot of 1.6. it has a nice 1.6/source mixture to it.

waypoetic

Banned
Annoying isn't it?

The only response I could see to a dozen questions was one of the managers saying it's down to Valve and they'll let us know when more concrete information is coming in.

Concrete information lacking a day before advertised launch? :|

Not the first time either, unfortunately.

It's up to Valve? That sounds like they (SCEE) haven't even Q&A tested it! I don't... Whoozaaah, whooozaaaah...

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Xbox Live Arcade games are always released on Wednesday, I don't think they would suddenly change they for CSGO

twofold

Config stuff:

Set snd_headphone_pan_exponent and snd_headphone_pan_radial_weight to 2 (GldSrc) in the console for 1.6 like sound. (thanks to JaseC)

This makes SUCH a huge difference. Thanks for the heads up. I can tell exactly where someone is coming from now. Makes the game so much more fun.

CyReN

Xbox Live Arcade games are always released on Wednesday, I don't think they would suddenly change they for CSGO

That is just shitty practice, games usually come out on Tuesday so by MS policy let's delay Skyrim because it came out on a Friday!

Still showing up on the dashboard
9XqLc.jpg

Shadybiz

Nice OT! I really like the game so far; wasn't able to play all weekend, but I finally will have a chance later tonight.

ACE 1991

So is there going to be a decent GAF community of both new and old CS players? Also, is the match making based on skill? I've always liked the idea of CS, but never really going into it due to the incredibly skilled players that seem to dominate pubs.

naib

Same here. I was waffling on pre-ordering, finally broke down and then it tells me I already own it. I thought maybe I did it in a drunken stupor? Kinda want the slight discount and TF2 thingy.

Enjoying the demo well enough. But I wish it ran a little better. I have to dumb it down quite a bit to get a good framerate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom