• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cowboy Bebop |OT| The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

Status
Not open for further replies.

javac

abncxNRz.gif

Once upon a time, in New York City in 1941... at this club open to all comers to play, night after night, at a club named "Minton's Playhouse" in Harlem, they play jazz sessions competing with each other. Young jazz men with a new sense are gathering. At last they created a new genre itself. They are sick and tired of the conventional fixed style jazz. They're eager to play jazz more freely as they wish then... in 2071 in the universe... The bounty hunters, who are gathering in the spaceship "BEBOP", will play freely without fear of risky things. They must create new dreams and films by breaking traditional styles. The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called... "COWBOY BEBOP"
3..2..1... LET'S JAM!

About Bebop.

adnthJJv.gif

Cowboy Bebop. Originally aired back in 1998, it is considered to be one of the best anime series of all time. Directed by Shinichiro Watanabe and studio Sunrise the series follows the trials and tribulations of a group of interesting characters each accompanied by a tragic back-story that is fleshed out before your very eyes.

The series originally aired 15 years and 3 months ago in Japan and still holds a huge following all around the world today with many people still discovering this ground-breaking series today! Whether you discovered this amazing show on Toonami, Adult Swim or online this is a place to talk about and recommend the show with other people!

Available on Blu-ray in the UK today!

The series has had many releases around the world but today marks the release of the Blu-ray in the UK. The release comes in two parts, the first which hits shelves today with the first 13 episodes and the second set completing the series with the final 13 episodes which will become available to purchase on the 23rd of September.

The series was also released on Blu-ray in both Korea and Japan but at a hefty price. This UK release however is region locked. Presented in 1080i 60Hz in the original 4:3 aspect ratio, it looks phenomenal and better than ever before! I didn’t even realize that was even possible! Audio is available in DTS-HD MA 5.1 Surround Japanese and English so you get to hear dat Steve Blum voice in action!

This release was all done by a new company called Anime Limited and this is their first release if I’m correct so it’s an even crazier feat. If you’re in the UK or have access to a player that is region free I highly recommend you pick this up. It’s available for around £24.99 from most reputable stores such as Amazon.

Some screenshots from the Blu-ray release are below.

Screenshots.

Review for the Blu-ray.
Reviews for the Blu-ray can be found below.
MyReviewer.com
Anime Bluray UK

And if you haven’t seen Cowboy Bebop yet I have two things to say to ya. First of all where have you been? And second of all…there’s no time like the present and with options such as this Blu-ray I’d say it’s the best time to get in.

What makes it extra special.
The Music
The series has an AMAZING soundtrack. Below is just a sample you’re your enjoyment!

Space Lion
Waltz for Zizi
Piano Black
Cosmos

And that’s just a little taster!

Visuals. Voice. Character
The cinematography is amazing. The voice acting is full of love and chemistry and character. Speaking of characters…this is a group of people you won’t soon forget!

Concluding.
So what more can I say? For me, this series was a watershed moment. It has silly moments. Over the top moments. Funny moments. Serious moments. It had heart and soul and a huge amount of effort in getting the characters and the world which they inhabit really come alive. It'll make you laugh and cry and you'll enjoy every second of it! You don't need to be into anime to enjoy it and if you haven't seen the series before I suggest you start right now!

My thread is pretty shitty and I just created it on a whim right now because I just adore this series and I know a lot of you guys do too! So thanks for reading and if you want to discus the show that would be great!

Four Cowboys. Four bounty hunters. Four hearts. Four notes.
Following a dusty trail of money, sin and desperation.
Living day to day. Dreaming hour by hour.
Four beats. Four parts of a movement.
Mars to Venus. Callisto to Ganymede.
Bounty to bounty and outlaw to outlaw.
One ship. One crew. One destiny.
Cowboy Bebop.

abuIEIJ8.jpg

I apologize for any errors, spelling, grammar or formatting in advance! :(

I've been trying to catch up on all the early anime I missed out when I was too young for it, and this is high on my list, can't wait to get into it soon, nice OP!

javac

Thanks guys! I have to say in advance that this show is kinda old but its still one that not many have seen so I'm not too sure in regards to spoilers etc. So if you haven't seen it, be safe! But don't be afraid to come in here! :p

Ezalc

This anime and Samurai Champloo. Basically what started anime and music for me. Just so good. Love everything about it. Jazz is forever my favorite music genre because of it and I will one day learn the sax so I can play the solo in Tank!.

aett

My favorite episode is "Mushroom Samba". The humor in it was far beyond anything I had seen in anime.

Tenumi

Banned
My favorite episode is "Mushroom Samba". The humor in it was far beyond anything I had seen in anime.

Came here to mention that. Ein after eating the mushrooms has to be one of the funnier moments in any anime. The episode itself was great as a whole, just like the series.

Exodist

Already pre-ordered the Blu-Ray, hopefully it will come soon (I'm pretty cheap so I got free delivery). Can't wait to watch this again, it's my favourite anime series bar none and I'm due for a rewatch, and now I can do so on Blu-Ray. Pretty happy about this, not many companies seem interested in releasing anime series on blu-ray in the UK, and for entirely understandable reasons. Bit annoyed they're doing a two part set, would have liked one big one but I can't not buy this really. Also dub supremacy, the dub is better than the sub for this one.

Soma

I have a hard time rewatching or replaying most things but this is one of those few shows I can rewatch with absolutely no problem whatsoever. Even the "Brain Scratch" episode which I swear would be on every single time I decide to catch a random episode on TV.

Samurai Champloo and Kids on The Slope (to a somewhat lesser degree) were fantastic anime series as well so I'm looking forward to Watanabe's new upcoming show.

ed sucks ass. show would be infinitely better if they removed that character.

it's also why i prefer champloo. but yeah bebop is fantastic.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I believe this and Berserk were my first introductions into subbed anime. So maybe around 1999 or 2000? Cowboy Bebop is still my favorite.

Oddly enough, there is still one episode I have never seen. Wild Horses. I honestly have no explanation. Somehow skipped over it for the subbed version, never caught it on adult swim or Toonami, I own the first 4 dvds in the set, which stops right before Wild Horses. I'm just not meant to watch that episode. Honestly, I could have rectified this years ago, obviously. But I kinda like the idea that there is always a brand new Bebop episode out there waiting for me when I finally decide to indulge in it.

I've seen every other episode at least 10 times. When the Remix dvds started coming out in 2005/2006ish I would watch them on repeat when I got a new one. I had never heard the English dub at that point, so it was a new experience. Watched the special features and commentary. I just loved it.

I actually watched the movie with some friends a couple months ago. They were big Cowboy Bebop fans, but had never seen the movie and didn't even know it existed. I was flabbergasted and brought down my dvd that very minute. I probably hadn't watched it myself in about 6 or 7 years, minimum. Still holds up great from what I saw.

Samurai Champloo...yeah, I was quite disappointed with that experience. It was alright. Great first episode, some decent two parters but it never even came close to Bebop territory. Honestly don't remember too much about it, I only watched it during its original run, which was like 9 years ago. Jeez...getting old.

.la1n

It was painful waiting for the next episode to get fan subbed back then but damn if it wasn't worth it. Appreciate it even more now realizing I could have easily had it spoiled for me. Experiencing it unspoiled is the only way to get the full experience. I don't know if I will ever see a show that can top it. I'm very tempted to fork over the cash for the Japanese release.

Zebra

I've got the Remix Complete Collection, and holy cow the show sounds fantastic in 5.1. I can't wait to pair that up with HD video.

Why do we not have it in the states yet? Rights issues? It seems like easy money.

yami4ct

I've got the Remix Complete Collection, and holy cow the show sounds fantastic in 5.1. I can't wait to pair that up with HD video.

Why do we not have it in the states yet? Rights issues? It seems like easy money.

I have to assume it has to do with the fact Bandai Entertainment, who released the series in the US, is now dead. Dear lord, I really hope we get this blu-ray soon. I'd buy the hell out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom