• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cowboy Bebop |OT| The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice. And Funimation, so I can actually justify buying it.

Of course Kill La Kill is Aniplex, so I'll probably skip owning that (presuming it is good), as I'd rather not pay $300 for 13 episodes. Mostly good news, though, Bebop plus some other Bandai/Surnrise stuff. Hopefully a lot of it will see Blu-ray.

For the Blu? Funimation usually splits 26 episodes across two sets for $60 MSRP each, so probably $80 for the series in its entirety on an average day. $60 on a decent sale, better on a firesale if you wait. This might be a special case as this license might have cost more. They probably expect to sell more, though.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Um, I will buy Outlaw Star, Escaflowne, and Bebop all on blu ray if they are kind enough to sell me them.

[Edit] Also Wolf's Rain, Rahxephon, and Earth Girl Arjuna please D:

javac

The trailer isn't available in my country. What a load of horseshit. I just want to check it out ffs why do I even bother with this...

The trailer isn't available in my country. What a load of horseshit. I just want to check it out ffs why do I even bother with this...

It's just the open with what looks like redone credits (English alongside, not in place of the original Japanese credits, like Champloo), with text saying Bebop returns back to print on DVD and for the first time Blu-Ray and Digital in 2014.

javac

It's just the open with what looks like redone credits (English alongside, not in place of the original Japanese credits, like Champloo), with text saying Bebop returns back to print on DVD and for the first time Blu-Ray and Digital in 2014.

Thanks. I expected much. Just annoys me when people stop me from watching things because of where I live. Damn region locks :p

FLEABttn

Banned
FLEABttn said:
I'd be incredibly surprised if we don't see a blu-ray release of Bebop next year in NA.

Hi other FLEABttn, what do your anime eyes see?

Escaflowne on blu-ray too, oh yes! I can't for these to drop.

I'm not seeing a confirmation on a blu-ray release for escaflowne.

Regardless, an issue is posed in that some episodes in the blu-ray release were extended. So the dub won't match the entirety of the episode.

Regardless, an issue is posed in that some episodes in the blu-ray release were extended. So the dub won't match the entirety of the episode.

What did he Euro release do? Or you mean for Escaflowne? Similar issues (among others) are why I can't see th new Gundam remasters coming over.

Erigu

To elaborate on the above, there's like one or two extra minutes per episode that they cut out of the TV broadcast of Escaflowne. I believe that only applies to the first six episodes or so though.
Episodes 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 and 7.
I didn't know they used those special long versions for the Blu-ray Box. Good call if true.

Speaking of alternate cuts, Cowboy Bebop has a couple of those as well. The episodes 2 and 9 included in the 2004 DVD Box were (shorter) director's cuts. I imagine the latter releases (including the recent Blu-ray ones) used those as well?

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
For the Blu? Funimation usually splits 26 episodes across two sets for $60 MSRP each, so probably $80 for the series in its entirety on an average day. $60 on a decent sale, better on a firesale if you wait. This might be a special case as this license might have cost more. They probably expect to sell more, though.
That's lame. I want a single box, LE even.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
To elaborate on the above, there's like one or two extra minutes per episode that they cut out of the TV broadcast of Escaflowne. I believe that only applies to the first six episodes or so though.

Oh, yeah? I've had a box-set of the show for years, would those not be the full episodes?

Take my money now Funimation (hopefully they get the rights to Space Dandy when it's done in Japan)

With streaming nowadays, series rights are usually locked up pretty early. Although blu really complicates things. As long as it isn't Aniplex (formerly sniper, per autocorrect. Not completely inaccurate, they snipe my chance of owning things like Gurren on blu, Sword Art Online, and likely Kill la Kill.. It should be fine, and funimation probably has the most cash to throw around, so it is fairly likely they will get it.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
When I finally watched the dubbed version it was like watching it for the first time again. It's substantially better.

javac

I don't know if this was known but the full series on DVD is up for pre order on Amazon and maybe other retailers. It's from the same guys.

51u7a-BgWJL._SX_.jpg

When I first saw it I nearly had a heart attack because I thought it was the full series on blu-ray :p

September 23rd for £32

javac

Surprised by the picture used, but not in a bad way. I like it.

Yup its a really fitting picture for both sets really. The series is fun. energetic and colorful and all that jazz and the first set encompasses that. But its also sad, dramatic, bittersweet and the image for the second box shows that off well too.

Its available on Amazon for £24.55 if anyone was wondering. Available on the 23rd September.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I'd be happy to buy a complete series Blu-ray release in the States. not to mention a proper Movie Blu-ray (the US one is terrible).

I hated this scene at first... and let me tell you why. I'd heard a lot about Bebop back when it first came out. So, I'm browsing Cartoon Network late at night. Awesome, Adult Swim. As soon as I put the channel on, I see
Spike seemingly falling to his death. I changed the channel quickly. I was so pissed, that I waited months to watch it. I'm so glad I was wrong.

I hated this scene at first... and let me tell you why. I'd heard a lot about Bebop back when it first came out. So, I'm browsing Cartoon Network late at night. Awesome, Adult Swim. As soon as I put the channel on, I see
Spike seemingly falling to his death. I changed the channel quickly. I was so pissed, that I waited months to watch it. I'm so glad I was wrong.

Heh, I saw the last two episodes first.

I'm almost inclined to say it's how the show is meant to be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom