• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cowboy Bebop |OT| The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the supplier, and we need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date:

"Cowboy Bebop Collectors Edition Part 2 [Blu-ray]"
Estimated arrival date: January 02 2014 - January 03 2014

2egffq9rik2u.gif

Ath

Don't Panic!

Anime Limited said:
A few folks have messaged us as the date for Cowboy Bebop BD Part 2 and DVD Complete Collection had changed on Amazon - this is a temporary date set because we had to shift the release date a few weeks due to finding another video capture glitch we wanted to fix.

We'll actually have the final masters no later than next week so expect a release actually in October - so a couple of weeks delay max to bring you the best quality product. Not December!

javac

So we've got a proper release date for the second blu-ray now.

Hey folks, bit of a late evening post from us here! To follow up from yesterday, the new release date for Part 2 of the Cowboy Bebop Blu-ray is October 14th! So mark that into your diaries.  

Once we get the approval for the box art for the DVD collection of Bebop we'll post up the release date for that too but I can assure you it's definitely not December 30th!

Fjordson

So jealous of that blu-ray release.

Going to be a long wait for the American releases, but I'm glad it's officially on the way. Finally. Hope it has some dope packaging. Maybe even a bonus soundtrack CD =O

Ath

I've never received a preorder from Zavvi this quickly before.

For Region A people, I can confirm that the discs are locked to Region B only this time.

The episodes seem to be chaptered too!

for anyone that cares, adult swim lost the rights to the show so after next week, Cowboy Bebop will FINALLY be off television
(for a while anyway if they get the rights to the remastered version)

codhand

part 1, looks waaay better than i thought it would, outclasses a lot of 1080p anime, i was extremely pleased with the pq

for anyone that cares, adult swim lost the rights to the show so after next week, Cowboy Bebop will FINALLY be off television
(for a while anyway if they get the rights to the remastered version)
Wow, really? I thought they had them in perpetuity. Gonna be weird not having it on Toonami; what's replacing it?

I've never received a preorder from Zavvi this quickly before.

For Region A people, I can confirm that the discs are locked to Region B only this time.

The episodes seem to be chaptered too!

welp.. I managed to get a Region A copy of the first 1/2 of the series... The 2nd half is in the mail headed to me stateside... Guess I'm gonna have to strip that BS region lock and burn to my own Blu's

edit* question: is the PS4 going to be a region free player?

I highly doubt it. But if you want a region free player you can always pick up a cheap Insignia for ~$30 off eBay.
yea... I'll just trip the region A lock, or stream it though my media server.
Region locking disc is such BS. Especially now.

The final airing of Cowboy Bebop on adult swim is tonight at 4:30am ET/PT. After 12 long years, we'll no longer have to carry that weight

jonno394

Just finished my watch through of Bebop for the first time, what an enjoyable ride that was Such a great show with an immense ending. I sat there for a minute or two after the credits had finished just appreciating what I had witnessed.

I didn't get to experience this show until 2009 and it just blew me away. I LOVE it and I don't even like anime for the most part.

I'm a big Anime fan.. well the old animes like this one and, for I don't know what reason, never watched this show. I'm at the "Waltz_for_Venus" ep and I'm wondering if there is a widescreen version of the show ? Usually when they try to apply this format to old anime in 4:3, it ends up like dogshit just like let's say Ninja Scroll...

FLEABttn

Banned
I'm a big Anime fan.. well the old animes like this one and, for I don't know what reason, never watched this show. I'm at the "Waltz_for_Venus" ep and I'm wondering if there is a widescreen version of the show ? Usually when they try to apply this format to old anime in 4:3, it ends up like dogshit just like let's say Ninja Scroll...

No, 4:3 only.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I'm a few weeks late in posting this:

Also today, sources tell us that Funimation is soon to announce the U.S. BD release of Ghost in the Shell: Arise – Borders 1 & 2. They’re also looking at the U.S. release of Cowboy Bebop: The Complete Series as a likely fourth quarter 2014 title on Blu-ray.

DiscoJon

Banned
I hope they re-release Knockin' on Heaven's Door (the movie) at some point. The Blu-Ray version is just awful compared to all the extra stuff the DVD release has.

Hell, the DVD has 5.1 English audio while the Blu-ray only has STEREO.

Cool, actual news and from Bill Hunt no less. I visited TDB daily for a decade but have lapsed, glad to see he's still kickin'. I hope Funimation goes all out with a crazy LE.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
So on the subject of the imminent release of the Blu-ray series set in NA, does anyone have any suggestions on where I can get the Japanese Blu-ray of the movie without paying a ridiculous amount of money?

Depends on what you mean by a ridiculous amount of money. Japanese MSRP is around $80, you can get it shipped to the US from Amazon.JP for around $68 at the moment.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Depends on what you mean by a ridiculous amount of money. Japanese MSRP is around $80, you can get it shipped to the US from Amazon.JP for around $68 at the moment.

Yeah, that's way too much for me for a single movie, especially just to upgrade the sound. Thanks anyway.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Nice as the BD version looks I don't think I can justify spending $70 to upgrade from my Remix version.

Maybe if I had sold that while it was worth a decent amount I could have covered the cost (and then some).

Fjordson

I'm so hyped to revisit this with the blu-ray set. I've only ever gone through the entire show like twice and the last time I did watch it was at least 5-6 years ago.

javac

A little bump that comes in the form of information on replacement discs for the UK Cowboy Bebop Blu-ray. I've highlighted the main info below but the full blog post can be found here including info on why they are doing this.

How will these be sent?
We will be sending these out via the Royal Mail in monthly batches. We’ll be sending the replacement disc on their own – i.e. in envelopes or plastic casing; no special packaging, no extras. Let me be clear on this point before it’s misconstrued: by extras I mean physical extras. All on-disc extras and content will be identical.

Who is eligible for a replacement?
Anyone who felt that their enjoyment of the release was marred by these glitches – whether international fans (within reason – get in touch with us for confirmation!) or local. If you send us a screengrab of your receipt, order confirmation from one of the many online retailers stocking Bebop on BD or failing that a photo of your email address on a sheet of paper next to your copy and we can send out replacement discs.

A Request for a Little Common Sense
Yes, everyone who’s bought a copy of Cowboy Bebop with the glitches is eligible for a replacement disc. No ifs, ands or buts. There are a couple things to note: the second wave of Bebop Part 2 that went out had the glitches corrected – so, if you’re unsure whether or not you have the corrected discs please check it before you send in a request for a replacement. You’ll be doing us a huge solid.

Secondly, please exercise a bit of discretion: If the glitches on Episodes 2 and 19 irritated you then of course we’re happy to replace it but again be aware nothing else has changed. So if you didn’t notice anything or weren’t too bothered by those capture errors then you’re not going to notice any changes on these discs so we’d beg you to save us on some packaging time as we’ll be doing it manually in the office!

How do I get in touch and request replacement discs?
Easy as emailing us your details to the following address: cowboybebop@alltheanime.com

If you can include photos or screengrabs as well as your postal address, we’ll get right on this. We’ve recently taken receipt of these discs in the office, so we’re hoping to get them out as soon as possible.

Are there any deadlines for requesting replacements?
Last day of January 2015, after that we’ll try our best to fulfil but keep in mind it’s a huge administrative task for us so have some pity given what was fixed wasn’t all too big!

And I think that’s it for now! If you have any questions or queries, email us at the above address as well. We’ll be checking that and using it as our base of operations for the new Bebop blu-ray discs.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I'm also getting the standard bluray.

Fjordson

I'm not the only one who's just good with the standard edition right?
Exclusive editions are sold out it seems so a lot of people will have to be good with the standard edition.

Not missing anything crazy. Both are nice packages, especially the Amazon one at $70, but the show on blu-ray is all that really matters.

DiscoJon

Banned
Not sure if it's okay to bump this thread but I wasn't sure where else it could go.

So, over in the "Anime - Black Character Appreciation" thread, poster Thick James posted something astounding concerning the fate of one of the characters in the show.

That character is Punch from the in universe TV bounty hunting program "Big Shot"
latest

WARNING: Do not click link unless you have watched the entire series.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=146817989&postcount=138

I don't know if this official "cannon" or not but it seems way to much of a coincidence given the circumstances.

geomon

Not sure if it's okay to bump this thread but I wasn't sure where else it could go.

So, over in the "Anime - Black Character Appreciation" thread, poster Thick James posted something astounding concerning the fate of one of the characters in the show.

That character is Punch from the in universe TV bounty hunting program "Big Shot"
latest

WARNING: Do not click link unless you have watched the entire series.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=146817989&postcount=138

I don't know if this official "cannon" or not but it seems way to much of a coincidence given the circumstances.

I realized all of that the first time I watched it. Yay me. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom