• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crackdown 3 (XB/PC, Sumo Digital) E3 Trailer out Nov 7th

This is starting to look more and more disappointing

Hopefully there's some actual gameplay shown at some point so we can see whether it's just the same game again. Especially now because we know one of the big bosses told them to cut all the destruction to make it playable offline.

Hopefully there's some actual gameplay shown at some point so we can see whether it's just the same game again. Especially now because we know one of the big bosses told them to cut all the destruction to make it playable offline.

Except that didn't happen.

Zukkoyaki

Production values so far leave a lot to be desired but so long as the gameplay is good ol' Crackdown, game should be a ton of fun.

Trup1aya

People keep making shit up...

MS you see what happens when you don't have clear messaging?

They are talking about the cloud and saying that they are not showing it XD

But the game does look a lot better on the gameplay there

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
multiplayer mode, duder. destruction is in multiplayer. expect it to be shown off around gamescom.

I was just counting on it making a huge impression on the power of the XOX on the stage and there was none of that for this game.

RoKKeR

Gameplay here looks decent, why didn't they show a quick/tight demo of this?

Campaign should be 60fps though, damn.

leeh

Ok, watching this has made me remember how fun Crackdown was when you'd just jump around with crazy guns and lock-on.

Hype.

kinggroin

Banned
One of the most disappointing reveals I've ever had the displeasure of viewing. Where was all the mass destruction and physics.

5xaOcLDE64VMF4LqqrK.webp

should have put some of that footage out yesterday man. Hype renewed.

Wished to see more, but yeah it's the crackdown I love, and despite not having the best graphics ever does look quite nice.

Yep, definitely should satisfy us fans of the original. Looks like the extra power has gone into the effects, that ripple effect when you ground slam looks very nice indeed.

leeh

What they said about the campaign sounded good. Mentioned that it follows the same type of campaign, the gang fights are dynamic and they can be anywhere. Also, the bosses may come and hunt you down personally if you piss them off too much.

link?

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
What they said about the campaign sounded good. Mentioned that it follows the same type of campaign, the gang fights are dynamic and they can be anywhere. Also, the bosses may come and hunt you down personally if you piss them off too much.

Sounds good to me. The MP destruction mode will be the cherry on top of just more Crackdown. This and Wolfenstein 2 are my two must buys this holiday it is looking like.

I don't get it though. If the campaign DID have destruction why would that make it unplayable?

By the way, do we know how many players it is online with destruction?

Jumeira

Banned
Just going to clear up some questions, though again understand there are many, many things I can't talk about as unless it's out there in public, I will get a pretty severe telling off :)

All of the above are elements that have been confirmed though, it's worth watching Clint's interview here if you haven't seen it already:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pJvD7YawwI

Is there is a full day night/cycle - Yes, the game is not set in perpetual darkness! What you saw in the E3 Stage Presentation was footage captured from the E3 show floor demo. This starts at sunset, but at it's a time limited demo of ten minutes with accelerated levelling (much like the original Crackdown demo) most of the footage got captured as it transitions to night time and you don't quite get to sunrise in 10 minutes!

Multiplayer/Destruction - Campaign was designed to be played offline in single player, but can also be played online in 4 player Co-Op. Both don't feature the large scale world destruction as we wanted to make it accessible to as many people as possible. The competitive multiplayer will feature large scale destruction, MS will show it I'm sure when they're ready, but E3 is all about the Campaign side of the game. It is also a conscious gameplay choice for Campaign, razing the city to the ground doesn't feel like the kind of thing the good guys should do.

Who is working on the game - We (Sumo) have been involved with the game from the start and we're principally handling the Campaign side of the game. It's a group effort though with Reagent and Cloudgine who are principally handling the competitive multiplayer. Some elements are shared, some are unique based on the gameplay needs.

Why didn't you show more in the E3 Presentation - We were one of the 52 games on show, plus we're on the show-floor and we've got many press presentations booked over E3. I suspect they felt we could let the game talk more by itself! Plus don't forget that Crackdown is a very freeform game, it's hard to get that across as we're very definitely trying to avoid it being a scripted experience. Any given situation can be approached in a number of ways depending on the skills you've chosen to focus on.

Does the announcer (Voice of the Agency) return - Absolutely. Some things are Crackdown DNA, this is one of then.

Length of game/number of maps - This one I have to leave out specifics till MS talk more about the game, but we're expecting it to be comparable to previous Crackdown games.

Like I say, I know there are multiple interviews happening so more should be revealed over the next few days and I'll be surprised if there isn't any show floor footage as folks get into the booth.

I also appreciate folks remembering All-Stars Transformed which was my previous major gig before this one :)

Thanks for the info S0L, the reveal at the presentation was an utter disappointment, had i not checked this thread my enthusiasm would be at an all time low. Looking forward for more info, but please review or pass on this message that the trailer done everything to damage the hard work and effort you all have put in, which is a real shame. But your words are comforting, its been 3 years so this reveal was a big deal for a lot of us.

Hexer06

Sure wish I could see this in 4k. Anyone know of any places to download the 4K videos for anything MS showed yesterday? I've looked at Gamersyde, but they only have a few clips and was curious if maybe the whole show was available to download somewhere?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I don't get it though. If the campaign DID have destruction why would that make it unplayable?

By the way, do we know how many players it is online with destruction?

The games single player is basically a simple premise of gangs. It was like an expansion of GTA2.

You wipe out gangs and eventually there's the gang bosses and a final boss. You can, for example, fight the top dude the second you find him.

Thing is... in a destructible environment you'd be able to take him down right away without needing to level your stuff because you could just take down the building he's in.

That's why there's this separation. The single player would be broken with destruction.

MP mode is 10 players

Finaj

Just saw the Xbox Daily gameplay. Looks pretty fluid. I don't know what they were thinking with that trailer at the Xbox conference.

Top Bottom