• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CW fast tracking 'Flash' series (Full costume photo and casting new in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryanee

It looks ok so far but its one angle and its just the side of the head. I'm looking forward to seeing the entire costume.

Ripclawe

Banned
http://instagram.com/p/k-afDUAVAc/
grantgust
3 hours ago
One more day of rehearsals and then we're gettin' serious.
162981a2a0c111e3ae5e125279676ed1_8.jpg

Mariolee

Wow, that mask looks great. However, it looks like below he has a collar around his neck, implying he'll be a wearing a jacket as a costume, Smallville style. :(

clarkkentmasquerade.jpg

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Wow, that mask looks great. However, it looks like below he has a collar around his neck, implying he'll be a wearing a jacket as a costume, Smallville style. :(

clarkkentmasquerade.jpg

Make the jacket tighter and zip it all the way up and it could be ok.

Clevinger

Wow, that mask looks great. However, it looks like below he has a collar around his neck, implying he'll be a wearing a jacket as a costume, Smallville style.

I was thinking that part might be raised, separating the suit and the headpiece so he could turn his head easier.

MisterHero

Mask looks fine but the lightning bolts better not just be embossed and rather are like the comics mask.

I'll buy the costume as Barry will have neither figured out 1) how to make a uit out of pure Speed Force, and 2) fit it inside a ring.

Mariolee

Make the jacket tighter and zip it all the way up and it could be ok.

It will never be OK. I liked the whole red and blue blur storyline they had, but this costume and the black costume were such a waste of time.

I was thinking that part might be raised, separating the suit and the headpiece so he could turn his head easier.

That's what I was thinking as well, but I chalked that up to wishful thinking considering what we've gotten in the past. That would be the best case scenario, so we'll have to wait and see.

At least the mask part looks good, but why is he wearing a jacket? I used to love the old Flash TV show, so I'm pretty hyped for this.

Could be a jacket. Could not be. Only time will tell. :/

How did he get into that mask? I don't think it's bad or anything, I'm just having trouble picturing how you physically put that on, as there are no visible clasps or anything like that. It looks like it was made right onto his face.

Joni

They don't need to IMO. The Originals had no lead in and wasn't heavily promoted, yet it retained most of the Vampire Diary fans. There's more hype behind Flash then there was for The Originals, so it should do great no mater where they place it.
Even The Originals is paired with Supernatural, and it got two-three weeks of promotions by being broadcasted after The Vampire Diaries. The Flash will be combined with a proven show, just because The CW doesn't have room left. They have four huge shows, they have four big days to cover if you don't count friday. They'll put one big returning show per big day, so they'll pair up every new show with a big returning show.

I hope it will be good without any useless love stories like in Smallville. Is it okay to watch this series without watching Arrow (I mean considering the plot and characters etc.) ?

Joni

I hope it will be good without any useless love stories like in Smallville. Is it okay to watch this series without watching Arrow (I mean considering the plot and characters etc.) ?

Considering the plot and characters, yes. Considering the quality of Arrow, hell no.

ReiGun

I don't know why people are so against love stories and soapy drama and such. They're as much a part of superhero comics as they are your average CW show.

I don't know why people are so against love stories and soapy drama and such. They're as much a part of superhero comics as they are your average CW show.

I've got no problem with them either as long as they don't become the focus.

Smallville they were the focus for so long that the very last episode was two hours (actual runtime around 86 minutes) and more than 2/3rds of it was dedicated to relationship drama.

As long as Arrow stays the way it is I'm okay with drama being there. It's when it becomes the biggest focus of the show that I'll have a problem.

I'm in the middle of season 1 of Arrow, and I'm really enjoying it. Seeing that photo of The Flash is what got me to start Arrow. Glad I did.

Outside of the Justice League cartoon, I don't know much about The Flash, but my favorite episode is Flash and Substance. That episode introduced me to Central City and a lot of The Flash's rogues.

I just hope this new Flash series doesn't try to go all gritty and realistic. The appeal of Flash is how light-hearted of a character he is and how goofy (most) of his villains are.

NoTacos

I'm in the middle of season 1 of Arrow, and I'm really enjoying it. Seeing that photo of The Flash is what got me to start Arrow. Glad I did.

Outside of the Justice League cartoon, I don't know much about The Flash, but my favorite episode is Flash and Substance. That episode introduced me to Central City and a lot of The Flash's rogues.

I just hope this new Flash series doesn't try to go all gritty and realistic. The appeal of Flash is how light-hearted of a character he is and how goofy (most) of his villains are.
Victories don't come cheap. He WILL be tested.

Keep watching Arrow,
It will give you a hint at what to maybe expect from their Flash series.

Wiktor

I doubt they will. Arrow has that angle covered and Flash's intrudiction into the universe was very lighthearted and funny. Plus Geoff Johns is supposed to be playing key role in the show.

It really looks like Flash series is in extremely capable hands.

^That's good to hear. I've had some downtime lately, so I've been speeding through Arrow. Almost done with season 1, and I should be caught up by the end of the week. I can't wait to see Barry's introduction!

Sorry to quote a days old post, but my friend and I were just talking about this in relation to Arrow. The reason we want fewer of these scenes is because 1) they are typically poorly written, 2) they require a lot of "acting" and "directing" that, to be honest, isn't a strong suit of the show, and 3) because of Radioactive and other pop songs that play in the background because otherwise how else would we know what to feel (Radioactive was worth it though)?

My friend finds all the scenes in Arrow involving people talking about their feelings boring. And the above are the reasons. If they were all replaced by talking scenes from Mad Men, Breaking Bad, or Game of Thrones, we wouldn't be complaining. Hell, we'd want more!

But CW is gonna CW.

Penguin

Sorry to quote a days old post, but my friend and I were just talking about this in relation to Arrow. The reason we want fewer of these scenes is because 1) they are typically poorly written, 2) they require a lot of "acting" and "directing" that, to be honest, isn't a strong suit of the show, and 3) because of Radioactive and other pop songs that play in the background because otherwise how else would we know what to feel (Radioactive was worth it though)?

My friend finds all the scenes in Arrow involving people talking about their feelings boring. And the above are the reasons. If they were all replaced by talking scenes from Mad Men, Breaking Bad, or Game of Thrones, we wouldn't be complaining. Hell, we'd want more!

But CW is gonna CW.

I can agree, but again depends

Like last week's episode with The Clock King, I found the best and most riveting scenes in that episode to be the talking ones.
Not that the action wasn't good, but we've grown to know these characters and now I care about their friendships and bond as much as his voice and shooting people with an arrow

I can agree, but again depends

Like last week's episode with The Clock King, I found the best and most riveting scenes in that episode to be the talking ones.
Not that the action wasn't good, but we've grown to know these characters and now I care about their friendships and bond as much as his voice and shooting people with an arrow

I think that since we love the characters, we definitely want to see scenes where they interact and grow together instead of endless punches and salmon ladders. But the quality of those scenes could be better. Sorry for the derail, hopefully Flash at least matches the quality of Arrow, but hopefully surpasses it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom