• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyber Monday deals

Corginand

About that 15% off on select preorders on Amazon, both Fire Emblem Fates versions (Birthright, Conquest) get the discount. I asked if they could apply this to my Special Edition order and got this:

"Since I value you as my customer, I will forward this to our Marketing and Promotion Team and request to manually apply the code to your order in order for you to have a deduction or refund of 15% off once the order ships as consideration. They will get back to you via email once the 15% off refund has requested within 1-2 business days."

It seems they gave the discount to other people, hopefully it'll also work for me. It's worth giving it a try if you got the SE preorder.

RedAssedApe

Banned
[shrug] Essentially paying $60* to upgrade your console to a newer, quieter one sounds decent, if that's what you really want. In the very least, you're contributing money toward getting Best Buy Rewards certificates.

*Considering the game costs $60 on its own ... although with GCU, it would cost $48, which means you'd essentially be paying $72 to upgrade your console to a newer, quieter one. If that still sounds reasonable to you, go for it.

$399+tax at launch i'm assuming. How are you coming out with only $72 to upgrade.

ps4 listing says:

Buy a select PlayStation 4 Console, and receive a coupon code for 50% a 1-Year PlayStation Plus Membership. The code will be emailed to you within two days of your completed shipment, along with redemption instructions. Offer valid only when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, and only valid on select consoles where this message is shown.
Thanks! Just ordered a ps4 for my son :)

Do you all think before XMAS there is gonna be any good XBOX ONE deals(Preferably at best buy or gamestop) I was going to get it today but figured what am I really saving by buying it today, 50 bucks, thats microsofts doing not best buy) just dont know if they will have another deal before xmas, I have gift cards that expire on december 24th

I went ahead and ordered UC4, Horizon, TLG, and FFXV. 15% off each is better than I expect to see before release, and those are all day-1 games for me anyway.

Etria

About that 15% off on select preorders on Amazon, both Fire Emblem Fates versions (Birthright, Conquest) get the discount. I asked if they could apply this to my Special Edition order and got this:

"Since I value you as my customer, I will forward this to our Marketing and Promotion Team and request to manually apply the code to your order in order for you to have a deduction or refund of 15% off once the order ships as consideration. They will get back to you via email once the 15% off refund has requested within 1-2 business days."

It seems they gave the discount to other people, hopefully it'll also work for me. It's worth giving it a try if you got the SE preorder.

Wow, thanks for the heads up! How did you go about asking them? :D

Edit: Success!

Hopefully I can get a decent 42"+ TV for gaming before the sales end (but from the looks of it, most of them are already sold out).

I currently use my 4 year old 42" Vizio for PS4, Xbox, and occasionally as a monitor for local multiplayer PC games.

I'm thinking of grabbing http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00T63YUJO/?tag=neogaf0e-20 but I am not sure if I'll benefit that much from 4K. Any recommendations?

I went ahead and ordered UC4, Horizon, TLG, and FFXV. 15% off each is better than I expect to see before release, and those are all day-1 games for me anyway.

You should consider becoming a member of Best Buy's GCU program. People holler about it all the time, but it really does come in handy. Instead of ~$9 off each game, you would start with $12 off every preorder with a bonus $10 gift card (for most games, at least) that you could use on the other games you listed. Soon enough, every day 1 game you would want starts at $38ish.

wilflare

You should consider becoming a member of Best Buy's GCU program. People holler about it all the time, but it really does come in handy. Instead of ~$9 off each game, you would start with $12 off every preorder with a bonus $10 gift card (for most games, at least) that you could use on the other games you listed. Soon enough, every day 1 game you would want starts at $38ish.

I would jump on GCU if BBY shipped to my courier address but alas :(

I tried to pick up a few games on the Amazon Cyber Monday deal, but it's charging me for shipping and I'm a Prime member. What gives?

Shun

Got my Xenoblade X Collectors 15% off on Amazon as well. If you have any existing preorders, even ones that are coming up right now go give Amazon a call for the extra 15% off!

Aumann

I tried to pick up a few games on the Amazon Cyber Monday deal, but it's charging me for shipping and I'm a Prime member. What gives?

Did you select 1 day shipping by accident? Or perhaps it is a 3rd party seller because the deal ran out instead of Amazon/Fulfillment.

Did you select 1 day shipping by accident? Or perhaps it is a 3rd party seller because the deal ran out instead of Amazon/Fulfillment.
Well I can choose the free shipping option, but it's the default 5-6 days instead of the Prime 2 day shipping. It's like Amazon has maxxed out on fulfillment for a lot of these games like you said.

Jetman

Is anyone else having trouble using Target's website? Trying to buy a PSN card and it's telling me to "stay on the page. There's a waiting line for this product. Try again in a few minutes"....,.for like the last 2 hours :/
That's probably code for 'we sold out' ,right?

Edit: called the info line for Internet orders and Target got slammed for the 15% off thing. I guess they are trying to get the site back up.

Psykoboy2

They are having an issue at the moment. I was just buying some regular things and it was happening to me. Called support and while I was on the phone the issue resolved itself. Maybe try again?

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.

Did you have to pay for shipping? No free day one shipping kills the deal dead.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
They are having an issue at the moment. I was just buying some regular things and it was happening to me. Called support and while I was on the phone the issue resolved itself. Maybe try again?

I guess I'll make my order and hope they can sort it out later... or cancel.

Edit: The total is normal on the screen when you review orders once they are placed. No shipping charge.

Edit 2: My first order still has the shipping charge, weird.

Weston

Well I can choose the free shipping option, but it's the default 5-6 days instead of the Prime 2 day shipping. It's like Amazon has maxxed out on fulfillment for a lot of these games like you said.

I had the same problem. I went I checked to make sure I still had prime and when I tried to checkout again it had the prime shipping option.

anothertech

Same. Seems to be an issue at the moment. Halo 5 has a decent discount along with the UUDDLRLR discount code tho. Gonna get for my bro.

Is anyone else having trouble using Target's website? Trying to buy a PSN card and it's telling me to "stay on the page. There's a waiting line for this product. Try again in a few minutes"....,.for like the last 2 hours :/
That's probably code for 'we sold out' ,right?

Edit: called the info line for Internet orders and Target got slammed for the 15% off thing. I guess they are trying to get the site back up.

It took me like a friggin hour to get through checkout for a Blue Yarn Yoshi amiibo. What's weird too is that the first attempt I made I used PayPal to check out, got a notification of the money hold from PayPal, but the order never went through from Target. Went through again, used my actual card, order went through, got an actual confirmation. Now I've got a Target confirmation from the second order, but not the first, but charges for both.

>:\

Hopefully this get sorted out. Though I guess I can always just return/sell the second one if they wind up shipping both.

Picked up a pair of Astro A50s because they were 25% off at Amazon. Had the same problem with getting charged for 2 day shipping even though I'm a Prime member. Chatted with customer support and they zeroed out the shipping charge and gave me a $5 dollar credit for my trouble. Pretty pumped to try out the Astros, hope they are as good as I expect them to be, but if they aren't I can just return them.

Jetman

It took me like a friggin hour to get through checkout for a Blue Yarn Yoshi amiibo. What's weird too is that the first attempt I made I used PayPal to check out, got a notification of the money hold from PayPal, but the order never went through from Target. Went through again, used my actual card, order went through, got an actual confirmation. Now I've got a Target confirmation from the second order, but not the first, but charges for both.

>:

Hopefully this get sorted out. Though I guess I can always just return/sell the second one if they wind up shipping both.

Aww, that sucks. Well, at least you could throw stuff in your cart and got to checkout!
I just gave up. Nothing I put in the cart is available and apparently there's a waiting line for everything, haha.

Top Bottom