• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyber Monday deals

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Thinking about trading in my launch PS4 to Best Buy today for $180, and then using that towards the Uncharted Bundle PS4, in order to get both the game and the newer revision of the console (my unit is pretty loud). Has anyone had both models? Is the noise level noticeably less? Am I just wasting money?

[shrug] Essentially paying $60* to upgrade your console to a newer, quieter one sounds decent, if that's what you really want. In the very least, you're contributing money toward getting Best Buy Rewards certificates.

*Considering the game costs $60 on its own ... although with GCU, it would cost $48, which means you'd essentially be paying $72 to upgrade your console to a newer, quieter one. If that still sounds reasonable to you, go for it.

Guys any deal on PS+ 12 month cards? Walmart screwed up with my order and I couldn't get the deal on BF. My sub will expire soon and need like $30-35 deal to buy few of them.

After hearing so many middling reviews of it, would people say LittleBigPlanet 3 is worth $20? There's even an Amazon code to bring it down to $18.

I loved the first one, own but haven't played the second, I just dunno if it'll be this price again or if it's worth it (I'm sure I could get a physical release for cheaper, but I'm gonna attempt to go all digital with my PS4).

Really wish games were like movies where you buy a physical edition and get a download code as well. Apparently that's how Microsoft is gonna handle Xbox 360 games on the Xbox One?

pr0cs

After hearing so many middling reviews of it, would people say LittleBigPlanet 3 is worth $20? There's even an Amazon code to bring it down to $18.
I wouldn't say it's worth it. I bought it last year for my kids and I really regret it. It was a bug ridden mess making some levels impossible to pass. Layers problems, falling through the game world, problems with second players accounts crashes to OS, etc.
I haven't tried it in a while but the game made me so mad and my kids so disappointed I wouldn't recommend the game unless Sumo pays you to buy it

Falchion

It's been updated a few times so I'm not sure if everyone has seen, but Amazon has added a ton of titles to getting 15% off of preorders. Some of the notable ones:

Uncharted 4
Horizon: Zero Dawn
The Last Guardian
Ratchet and Clank
Dishonored 2
South Park: The Fractured But Whole
Final Fantasy XV
Kingdom Hearts 3
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Overwatch
Star Fox Zero

Ended up preordering The Last Guardian, Horizon: Zero Dawn and Ratchet and Clank.

ubercheez

Target still advertises the free Last of Us gift on the ps4 search result, but then when you view the item they've removed that offer.

Crazyorloco

I expect way more sales from the google play store. -_-

but since mostly everything is free to play i guess I shouldn't be surprised.

I wouldn't say it's worth it. I bought it last year for my kids and I really regret it. It was a bug ridden mess making some levels impossible to pass. Layers problems, falling through the game world, problems with second players accounts crashes to OS, etc.
I haven't tried it in a while but the game made me so mad and my kids so disappointed I wouldn't recommend the game unless Sumo pays you to buy it

Damn, that is terrible. Thanks for the reply, looks like I'll save that 10% off code for something else.

sense

You don't think it will get back down to $299 any more before or after Xmas?

it is possible but the most likely thing that will happen is the 349 bundles will have extra games added to it as a value add rather than the 299 price point.

Crom

Yoshi's Woolly World (Seriously a great game. Surprised me how good it was)

There is a sale now on Amazon. Enter UUDDLRLR to bring it to $39.18 (non Amiibo version)

The version with the amiibo is $50.99

finalflame

Yoshi's Woolly World (Seriously a great game. Surprised me how good it was)

There is a sale now on Amazon. Enter UUDDLRLR to bring it to $39.18 (non Amiibo version)

The version with the amiibo is $50.99

Is UUDDLRLR working on non-pre-order games now?

orochi91

It's been updated a few times so I'm not sure if everyone has seen, but Amazon has added a ton of titles to getting 15% off of preorders. Some of the notable ones:

Uncharted 4
Horizon: Zero Dawn
The Last Guardian
Ratchet and Clank
Dishonored 2
South Park: The Fractured But Whole
Final Fantasy XV
Kingdom Hearts 3
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Overwatch
Star Fox Zero

Ended up preordering The Last Guardian, Horizon: Zero Dawn and Ratchet and Clank.

Just 15% ?

Canadian Amazon is doing 30% off, for pre-orders.

Then again, the initial prices are like $20 more for a brand new game lol

They showed ps4 at Amazon for $299 uncharted bundle along a 50%off ps plus code but when I click on the link, it doesn't show anything about it?

RedAssedApe

Banned
Newegg was much better. Got mine for $230 without any taxes.

don't see anything for cyber monday? but yeah if you can take advantage of offers/coupons that usually makes deals better.

i don't really like shopping at new egg though as i prefer to have a B&M store available to me for returns/exchanges when i comes to electronics.

They showed ps4 at Amazon for $299 uncharted bundle along a 50%off ps plus code but when I click on the link, it doesn't show anything about it?

ps4 listing says:

Buy a select PlayStation 4 Console, and receive a coupon code for 50% a 1-Year PlayStation Plus Membership. The code will be emailed to you within two days of your completed shipment, along with redemption instructions. Offer valid only when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, and only valid on select consoles where this message is shown.

[shrug] Essentially paying $60* to upgrade your console to a newer, quieter one sounds decent, if that's what you really want. In the very least, you're contributing money toward getting Best Buy Rewards certificates.

*Considering the game costs $60 on its own ... although with GCU, it would cost $48, which means you'd essentially be paying $72 to upgrade your console to a newer, quieter one. If that still sounds reasonable to you, go for it.

Just got done doing this. When you trade in a console to Best Buy, you just need to provide the console and power cable. Kept my controller. So for $120, I got a $60 game, a $60 controller, and a newer PS4 model.

I think that's pretty decent lol

Top Bottom