• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyber Monday deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

hayejin

Damn, that Brave deal was gone in seconds. On the waitlist now, but it said my position was 500+. I clicked as soon as it went live.

That was my wait list number(400+ with Good Chance) few nights ago when they originally had the deal. Nothing came of it. :(

Don't bother waiting or getting your hopes up.

What do you guys think of this TV?
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008TO3YT8/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I'm not a TV guy, so I don't really know if the refresh rate and such is good. I don't watch a whole lot of TV in general... but just having a relatively big screen TV is good enough for me, so long as the picture and colors are reasonable. I assume I can hook up some simple home theater audio equipment to it too, right?

Ah, that's a good point. I should know that for looking at wallets a few months ago. I do like the dial and everything, but I wouldn't want to have to go out an get a separate leather band.
This is really late on the leather talk, but Genuine Leather is actually one of the lowest quality leathers. Genuine is a brand essentially, not a guarantee of quality. Full grain leather is what to look for if you want the good stuff

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
This is really late on the leather talk, but Genuine Leather is actually one of the lowest quality leathers. Genuine is a brand essentially, not a guarantee of quality. Full grain leather is what to look for if you want the good stuff
holy shit this is the most mindblown I have been in quite some time.

LordCanti

What do you guys think of this TV?
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008TO3YT8/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I'm not a TV guy, so I don't really know if the refresh rate and such is good. I don't watch a whole lot of TV in general... but just having a relatively big screen TV is good enough for me, so long as the picture and colors are reasonable. I assume I can hook up some simple home theater audio equipment to it too, right?

The refresh rate is good for a low-end TV. Some of them try to do 120hz (in software; all 120hz TV's do it through software and not hardware), but don't give you the option to turn it off (which causes permanent "soap opera effect").

I'm considering the TV myself. I use a 46" Samsung LCD as a monitor right now, and it has developed horrible image retention that I can't get rid of. For $350, it's very tempting.

If only we had a government agency that could protect us from this type of bullshit. Never again would someone buy "600 thread count Egyptian Sheets" that turned out to be microfiber, or a "leather" couch that was actually bonded (thin as paper) leather.

oatmeal

Banned
Got 16GB RAM for my Macbook Pro for $59.99.

There's some Polk Audio speakers on NewEgg right now that I'm just...so fucking close to buying. But I can't.

JeTmAn81

Can't believe how fast the Fight Club Blu-Ray went. I really wanted that...one of my top ten movies, and only $4 :(

Wow thanks. Good to know! Would definitely be useful to look out for on larger purchases.

The refresh rate is good for a low-end TV. Some of them try to do 120hz (in software; all 120hz TV's do it through software and not hardware), but don't give you the option to turn it off (which causes permanent "soap opera effect").

I'm considering the TV myself. I use a 46" Samsung LCD as a monitor right now, and it has developed horrible image retention that I can't get rid of. For $350, it's very tempting.

Thanks. I decided to buy it :D

I've been saying for several years that I'd go for a 47" TV under 500. This is close enough, though. Definitely bigger than my current 32" TV, that's for sure.

WalMart has started throwing Blu-Rays in those big plastic bins, lately.

However, nothing like Disney-Pixar. Older movies are fair game.
I think the nearest WalMart to me is like 20-30 minutes away

again, I don't have a bluray player so it doesn't matter, but still

Where do you live so that I can come build a walmart?
Irvine, California, and good fucking luck, the Irvine Company owns basically everything and they wouldn't allow one to be built. Their opinion is stuff like WalMart is for the poors and doesn't belong here. There are no thrift stores, almost no McDonald's, and if someone notices a homeless person the police come and take said person to a neighboring city (Santa Ana, for instance). Yes, I'm serious.

So Brave was bad? I am going to watch all those movies after work since i don't have cable tv and netflix has nothing new to watch.

TheNatural

My Member!
Irvine, California, and good fucking luck, the Irvine Company owns basically everything and they wouldn't allow one to be built. Their opinion is stuff like WalMart is for the poors and doesn't belong here. There are no thrift stores, almost no McDonald's, and if someone notices a homeless person the police come and take said person to a neighboring city (Santa Ana, for instance). Yes, I'm serious.

Sounds like Rambo: First Blood.

Row

Banned
amazon.ca has Planet Earth for $30, instead of $100

If I had a blu-ray device I'd be all over that, but the laptop I was hoping to go on sale just has a 4% discount :(

- J - D -

I just bought this, though was a great deal:

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/515146/Western-Digital-My-Book-Essential-USB/

3TB Western Digital My Book Essential USB 3.0 external hard drive for $100 fs or store pickup.

$25 off $125 code: 638416446

The hard drive is $119.99, so pick a cheap filler item to pad the total cost to $125 for the coupon code.

If you can do store pickup, use this link to check local store inventory to see if one in your area has it in stock:

http://www.officedepot.com/mb/stores/availability.do?sku=515146

3phemeral

I just bought this, though was a great deal:

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/515146/Western-Digital-My-Book-Essential-USB/

3TB Western Digital My Book Essential USB 3.0 external hard drive for $100 fs or store pickup.

$25 off $125 code: 638416446

The hard drive is $119.99, so pick a cheap filler item to pad the total cost to $125 for the coupon code.

"The Item you requested is currently sold out for delivery. Please consider these alternatives..."

Draft

Cyber Monday was a disappointment. I was really looking to snag a decent food processor on the cheap.

Christ, I am old.

Kaladin

Got me a Book Book Volume 2 iPad case for $20 off at Amazon + another $6 off using my Discover cash back bonus. I had been wanting one of those cases.

Mission

Cyber Monday was a disappointment. I was really looking to snag a decent food processor on the cheap.

Christ, I am old.

Well I am pretty damn old and I still never found a Tassimo at a price close to some the of discounts friends got during the summer.

blackflag

If you can do store pickup, use this link to check local store inventory to see if one in your area has it in stock:

http://www.officedepot.com/mb/stores/availability.do?sku=515146

Got the portable 2tb one on slickdeals. I guess there isnt an office dept in phoenix...or they don't participate in site to store.

Called my ex wife in NC and had her get it for me then transferred the money.

with tax 112. Sick deal. Same price as the Amazon lightning deal that was instantly sold out plus another 25 dollars off for coupon.

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/793348/Western-Digital-My-Passport-Portable-USB/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom