• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Digital Graphic Novel Sale at Amazon

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Every time someone posts, I think the sale is back on, or there's a DC sale.

That said, I've been making good progress through my purchases. Amazingly enough, I wish I had bought a few more.

I'm the same way. I wonder should I look in this thread? But I end up checking every time.

Taking my time with my recent purchases, hopefully I can skip the next sale by telling myself I've still have stuff I haven't read.

Really liking The Superior Foes of Spider-Man I almost forgot about it when I had the Hardcover in my Wish List.

I bought it all
LDnyaBO.jpg

mjc

If there's a similar sale for DC books, I'm well and truly fucked because there's no service like MU to keep me under control. (Shame on DC for not having a similar service, btw. It's 2017 you goobers)

Psykoboy2

Spider-Man: The Complete Clone Saga Epic
Amazing Spider-Man: The Clone Conspiracy
Superior Foes Of Spider-Man 1-3
Spider-Man: Miles Morales 1-2
Amazing Spider-Man (Slott) 1-5
Amazing Spider-Man: Worldwide 1-5
Amazing Spider-Man: Amazing Grace
Superior Spider-Man 1-6
Spider-Verse

Need some help on my Spidey books.

What's the order here? I'm having trouble trying to piece together the years these were published so I can at least read in order of when they were written. Can anyone help me out?

bengraven

I had finished the God butcher and got pissed off because the story was only halfway done. I was hoping there be another sale soon so I can get the God bomb.

And then I realized I have Marvel unlimited...

Transformers: Last Stand of the Wreckers is half off ($4.50 for the collection.) I don't know if 90 cents an issue is a good price and just a regular sale or if this is part of Prime Day Kindle sales but I've been wanting to read this for a while and had a itchy trigger when I saw it wasn't $9+

Kind of afraid to start looking for more.

Transformers: Last Stand of the Wreckers is half off ($4.50 for the collection.) I don't know if 90 cents an issue is a good price and just a regular sale or if this is part of Prime Day Kindle sales but I've been wanting to read this for a while and had a itchy trigger when I saw it wasn't $9+

Kind of afraid to start looking for more.

That's a great price and part of the IDW wide sale on Comixology. Most notably the full Transformers run, Judge Dredd, and the excellent TMNT series.
https://www.comixology.com/IDW-Line...ef=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC90YWJsZXQvbGFyZ2VDYXJvdXNlbA

Anything averaging under a dollar an issue is great. You might see bigger deals next week as part of San Diego Comic Con. I've seen under 50 cents often.

If you haven't read them, I highly recommend all of Locke and Key. One of the best and most imaginative horror series I've read.

That's a great price and part of the IDW wide sale on Comixology. Most notably the full Transformers run, Judge Dredd, and the excellent TMNT series.
https://www.comixology.com/IDW-Line...ef=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC90YWJsZXQvbGFyZ2VDYXJvdXNlbA

If you haven't read them, I highly recommend all of Locke and Key. One of the best and most imaginative horror series I've read.
Thanks, I might look into some TMNT. And short collections (like Last Stand of the Wreckers) you'd recommend with the turtles?

Thanks, I might look into some TMNT. And short collections (like Last Stand of the Wreckers) you'd recommend with the turtles?

The full run goes together with the IDW relaunch. You can basically just follow the volumes and skip all the micro series if you want. Those add various elements to the story, but really aren't required. I'd get volume one and see what you think. Code is IDW17.
https://www.comixology.com/Teenage-...FnZS92aWV3L3RhYmxldC9ncmlkTGlzdC9saXN0MTM1NDg

This image is no longer current but gives you the general idea of where to start:

My only warning is the main series is pretty egregious about referencing them in hopes you'll buy them. The first few volumes are constantly adding "See the Donatello micro!" even though it's just supplemental.

They've streamlined now and only have the main series and the Universe book captures all the side stories.

Amazon is offering another free comic book with purchase. I got Vol1 of Ennis' run of Punisher Max. SD suggested this book for 0.00 to trigger the promotion, email came about 2 hrs later and the promo was applied after my purchase around 4 hrs later.

Additional information on this offer can be found here.

Thank you for your Amazon.com graphic novel purchase. You are qualified to select a FREE digital graphic novel from a selection of 75 popular Marvel titles, including "Civil War," "Amazing Spider-Man," "X-Men: Days of Future Past," and more on Kindle.

You can view the selection of eligible graphic novels here:
https://www.amazon.com/comicspromo

The promotional credit must be used by October 22, 2017. This offer is subject to Terms and Conditions.

Thanks again for shopping with us.

Amazon.com

I still havent finished reading everything from the last sale! Nooooooooooo!
Heh, same but I've got a $3.00 credit for some reason so I've got to buy something, right? I just hope I stop at one purchase, doesn't look like there is any new additions as far as I can tell.

Wow, I thought this was gonna be a bump of someone asking a question about the last sale, not a new one! Thanks!

Didn't end up buying any Marvel comics though

NastyBook

*liamneesonWHY.gif*

Look at some of those prices... You know what? Fuck it. I got a 15 minute presentation on graphic novels this Thursday, and what better way to talk about these things than to have impulse bought a shitton of them?

TehOh

Ok, first pass down. Not much since I bought so many things last time, but I did pick up the rest of Brubaker's Captain America work. I bought the main GNs last time, but grabbed the Winter Soldier series, Steve Rogers: Super Soldier, and Captain America & Bucky miniseries.

Also grabbed the second volume of the new Power Man & Iron Fist series and the entire recent Thor run from Jason Aaron (the female Thor books)

Will think some more and return, no doubt.

My Amazon/Comixology wish list just shrunk by about 20 volumes. Only Marvel things I've left are unreleased volumes and stuff I'm debating getting physical.

shaowebb

Is the complete set of Onslaught Marvel Universe in this sale? It was so big an event there was no way to keep up with it as a kid.

Top Bottom