• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and Steins Gate are Amazon Deal of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExVicis

Damn, I already own Steins;Gate. I'm also hell tempted on FMA.

Also I highly recommend Steins;Gate to anyone considering it. Brilliant anime.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm actually just about done with Brotherhood on netflix, probably going to finish it tonight. It's literally the first anime series I've watched since Dragonball Z like 15 years ago.

JLynn

Considering collection 2 of Brotherhood was going for as much as $80 a few hours ago it's a STEAL at $28. I'd say to those who are strapped for cash get that first because collection 1 was still going for a semi-affordable price due to Funimation pumping out so many copies of it at its peak.

From what I understand, Funimation no longer has the rights for brotherhood, so this may or may not be the last time to get both the collections on sale.

Aw geez, why'd you have to tell me that? Now I've got another reason to drop $50~$80 on anime Bluray sets. And this deal is only for today... *sweats nervously*

I wanted to collect brotherhood on blu ray but sadly they only released the first few volume and dropped the support after that. Only way I can get the full series is to import from Australia but it's ridiculously expensive.

JLynn

I wanted to collect brotherhood on blu ray but sadly they only released the first few volume and dropped the support after that. Only way I can get the full series is to import from Australia but it's ridiculously expensive.

Get a region free Bluray player and never have to worry about that again.

They've gotten low in prices compared to previous years. It's how I can import Aniplex titles from Manga UK.

Hmm, I've been sitting on Steins;Gate on Vita for a while and I want to play it, but I hear the anime's pretty good.

Do I buy the blu-ray or play the game first?

CJVaughn

Banned
I'm actually just about done with Brotherhood on netflix, probably going to finish it tonight. It's literally the first anime series I've watched since Dragonball Z like 15 years ago.
Fair warning, Netflix is missing Part 5 (the last 13 episodes) for whatever reason

Bittercup

Hmm, I've been sitting on Steins;Gate on Vita for a while and I want to play it, but I hear the anime's pretty good.

Do I buy the blu-ray or play the game first?
I would play the game first. The anime is good, but has not enough episodes to tell the story as good as the game and often feels a bit rushed and especially side characters suffer from it.

Hate to break it to you, but only the first three seasons are on there. Part 5 isn't, unless they just added it.

Linkark07

Banned
Know I must be cautious with my money, but cant miss this, especially if this might be the last time to get FMA:B on a sale.

Bought it.

Edit: seems the second collection is over.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Hate to break it to you, but only the first three seasons are on there. Part 5 isn't, unless they just added it.

If there are 3 seasons and a Part 5, then what is Part 4 (which I am currently in the middle of)?

If there are 3 seasons and a Part 5, then what is Part 4 (which I am currently in the middle of)?

The final 13 (I think?) episodes are considered season 4/part 5 from what I've read. All I know is that I've seen them packaged both ways, and it confuses the hell outta me. What's sure is that you've got at least 12-13 episodes remaining once you finish what's on Netflix.

Anoregon

The final 13 (I think?) episodes are considered season 4/part 5 from what I've read. All I know is that I've seen them packaged both ways, and it confuses the hell outta me. What's sure is that you've got at least 12-13 episodes remaining once you finish what's on Netflix.

Hah, awesome. I thought I only had a few episodes left.

Linkark07

Banned
Bought the first part for that price. Any chance the 2nd part will come back in stock for that low price?

No idea to be honest. It seems Funimation license is over, so they wont reprint more copies of Brotherhood.

Reading on Crunchyroll, Aniplex will hold the rights of FMA:B now.

No idea to be honest. It seems Funimation license is over, so they wont reprint more copies of Brotherhood.

Reading on Crunchyroll, Aniplex will hold the rights of FMA:B now.

Fuck Aniplex. Seriously, they overprice things like crazy. People complain about ADV Films being over priced back in the day...

Linkark07

Banned
Fuck Aniplex. Seriously, they overprice things like crazy. People complain about ADV Films being over priced back in the day...

Funimation store has the second part for $35. You can buy it now or hope it goes on a sale later, assuming they do that before it runs out of stock.

Edit: Yeah, I can see why the hate toward Aniplex. Saw some of their animes on Amazon, too expensive.

Toki767

It doesn't seem like Amazon sold out of Collection 2. Just ran out of copies they were willing to sell for that price.

So I'd say there's always a chance it goes on sale again.

LiK

Collection Two sold out while I was checking out. Sucks. Now they're automatically linking to a reseller for double the price. Bleh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom