• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DaddyOFive loses custody of two of the children featured in his "prank" videos

see5harp

Now he is DaddyONone.

Hope he and his wife enjoy jail time, fuck them.

Glad the kids were able to get to there real mother and get the help and nurture they deserve.

Think about it this way. This dude and his wife raised these kids. How fucked up were the other people that this dude as a professional you tuber was able to obtain 100% custody? Think about that for a moment.

Beartruck

Rulr #1 of good pranks is that nobody gets hurt (unless they have voluntarily chosen to). This is the least they deserve.

KodaRuss

Saw the story on Reddit this morning and best news I have heard this week. Horrible, depressing story all around.

I cannot imagine doing something like this to my son.

They probably deserve jail time imo. I hope the kids are not likely fucked up forever now. Good job parents.

Are there any videos that show off good examples of the alleged abuse? I'd rather not watch any direct videos from this trash channel. I would just like a good editorial that highlights the worst bits followed by professional commentary.

Click the link in the OP and scroll down a bit. It links to a DeFranco video that shows some horrible stuff.

Griss

It's super weird to me that all of this stuff was on the internet for so long, on YouTube of all things, being viewed by so many people, and apparently just the videos themselves were sufficient evidence to remove kids from the house for abuse.

Like, how did this go on so long?

Because he never did anything sexual. Our society is so focused on sexual child abuse that we're damn near blind to the rest of it. Beatings, emotional and verbal abuse, abandonment... there's a defence force for all of it so long as there's nothing 'perverted' about it. Had he not beaten and emotionally tortured these kids over and over, but instead placed his hand on the backside of one of them inappropriately just once in one video, it would have all been over for him in a flash.

Drives me fucking crazy that we can't see child abuse as child abuse without a sexual element.

Losing custody is not enough.

Both those parents belong in prison.

For a very long time.

Theecliff

Banned
I thought they did small pranks?

I haveny kepy up but theae parents traumatized them??
watch the philip defranco videos linked in the article or the video that's been posted on this page. the parents were mentally and physically abusing their kids, especially the youngest.

Astral Dog

I'll just make sure I requote this from time to time in this thread. This is a really crappy situation, y'all. We don't know anything about the biological mother's situation, so who knows if those kids are going to a "better" situation. Plus, those two kids are used to being around their three other siblings - they don't have that, now. Can you imagine being taken away from your brothers and sisters, no matter how odd of your home situation?
Wait are you really saying they might be better off with their dad? 😵

Josh7289

Good.

I see people saying no one wins here. That's not entirely true. It's a shitty situation overall, but these kids will absolutely be better off now than they would have been had none of this abuse come to light. That's a win. It never should have come to this in the first place, of course, but these people were clearly abusing their children -- and I'm glad that the kids are now free from them.

Tagyhag

I'll just make sure I requote this from time to time in this thread. This is a really crappy situation, y'all. We don't know anything about the biological mother's situation, so who knows if those kids are going to a "better" situation. Plus, those two kids are used to being around their three other siblings - they don't have that, now. Can you imagine being taken away from your brothers and sisters, no matter how odd of your home situation?

I understand what you're trying to say, we don't know exactly how the mother is, but in this situation, it does make sense.

What you call an "odd home situation" I call physical and emotional abuse. The kids are too young to know it yet, but that kind of parenting isn't exactly healthy. Remember, these kids think that because they don't get beat, their parents are already better than other parents, who do you think made them think stuff like that?

And if the forging of documents situation is real, then that means that either one or both parents are going to jail, and what do you think that's going to do to the kids?

shandy706

You know what, taking care of...and raising children really isn't that hard.

Stop being such horrible parents...stuff like this just blows my mind.

I've witnessed it first hand with my ex-wife though. There's a reason I have custody of my daughters. She didn't abuse them, but she didn't really put the best effort in either. Found her high in one of my storage buildings one day after work, 2 year old in a diaper and my 6 year old playing behind the house alone. She also regularly left them in vehicles so they didn't "inconvenience" her going into stores.

Makes me sick even thinking about it. Discovering what she did when I was working was heartbreaking. Thankfully they're both healthy and happy, and at least she sees them and is "trying" for now. I'll never understand human beings that put themselves before their children. I was raised by a wonderful woman that taught me your children always come first.

The horribleness of these people eclipses the fact that they are also tremendously stupid. Not to be overlooked how dumb it is to abuse your children *on camera*.

I watched a bit of that overview video, I couldn't watch the whole thing.

I'm pretty sure I shouldn't watch it. I don't need to feel like making them a visit, lol.

I don't tolerate hurting children.

The horribleness of these people eclipses the fact that they are also tremendously stupid. Not to be overlooked how dumb it is to abuse your children *on camera*.

I watched a bit of that overview video, I couldn't watch the whole thing.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
The slapping, pushing, yelling, and everything else they did could turn those kids into the same kind or even worse kind of parent. That is awful and those children deserve better lives. I just wonder how either of them thought these videos were entertaining? I just watched the original video showcasing everything they did and I couldn't finish it. The father started making excuses and I had to turn it off.

Jesus Christ. Watched Philip DeFranco's video about this and I'm full on disgusted. Losing custody isn't enough. Both parents need to serve time as far as I'm concerned.

Jesus Christ. Watched Philip DeFranco's video about this and I'm full on disgusted. Losing custody isn't enough. Both parents need to serve time as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah, when some of the guys past was brought up.... How he left his one kid at the age of one, then had some of the children lie to authorities and potentially had documents forged to get custody of them later.

Grade A Scumbags.

Seems like the "parents" are mostly upset over losing the Youtube money and not the kids.

Just two? Someone please save the whole lot and put these sadistic parents away. Developmental trauma is no joke. Poor kids...

Yep. Lets see how they deal with "pranks" in prison.

I couldn't finish watching this.

It's much worse than I imagined. This fucking pig is a monster.

I'll keep following the story until I know he's in jail. And even then, it won't be enough. Abusers in any fashion deserve the death penalty in my book.
I dunno about the death penalty here. One of my best friends was abused bad as a kid and it fucked him up bad but his dad went to prison and he did his time and was rehabilitated and they have somewhat of a working relationship today. I know he wouldnt wish death on his father. And I get the feeling these kids in this case wouldnt feel any better when they grew up if these parents were put to death for this.

Their excuse of the kids wanting to do it because they got toys/games is nothing more than some predator sexually abusing a child and giving them things. Its a form of grooming as far as I'm concerned.

SOLDIER

I dunno about the death penalty here. One of my best friends was abused bad as a kid and it fucked him up bad but his dad went to prison and he did his time and was rehabilitated and they have somewhat of a working relationship today. I know he wouldnt wish death on his father. And I get the feeling these kids in this case wouldnt feel any better when they grew up if these parents were put to death for this.

With respect to your friend's situation, if there is a just god these children will never be in the same room as their piece of shit father ever again.

Unless it's a courtroom, at least.

I mean this is good, but no one thought to bring this up when they were doing other prank videos?

They made their money from Youtube, granted they won't no more

Heroman

Banned
I couldn't finish watching this.

It's much worse than I imagined. This fucking pig is a monster.

I'll keep following the story until I know he's in jail. And even then, it won't be enough. Abusers in any fashion deserve the death penalty in my book.
Death penalty? Get out of here with that.

bgbball31

15 minutes into the "Worst dad on YouTube" video. What. The. Hell.

As someone who works with kids, glad to know that at least some of these kids are no longer with these parents.

Top Bottom