• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DaddyOFive loses custody of two of the children featured in his "prank" videos

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
So the assumption that they're nicer to their kids off camera justifies how they treat them on camera? Nah, fuck that. I'm judging them based on how they put themselves out to the world.

There were literally parts where don't make me turn the camera off was used as a threat.

Savitar

These two people should never be allowed to have any kids, hell they shouldn't be in charge of anything alive at all.

If someone did the shit to them that they did to the kids they'd be screaming about the abuse.

MrBadger

There were literally parts where don't make me turn the camera off was used as a threat.

This whole situation is just revolting. I barely made it through the videos dissecting the situation, when he destroys his kids school art project then laughs at him for crying about it.

Lorcain

The part where the young daughter is drawing quietly in her room listening to music, and then gets blasted in the face with water (which gets on her device and picture), culminating in the dad laughing at her face made me want to volunteer for a law enforcement extraction team to get her out.

Anyone who's a parent knows that her reaction was 100% real sadness, along with her saying she hates her dad. That was real emotion.

WoolyNinja

The part where the young daughter is drawing quietly in her room listening to music, and then gets blasted in the face with water (which gets on her device and picture), culminating in the dad laughing at her face made me want to volunteer for a law enforcement extraction team to get her out.

Anyone who's a parent knows that her reaction was 100% real sadness, along with her saying she hates her dad. That was real emotion.

That part got my blood boiling as did the slap fight where she gets hit super hard by her brother and the dad is basically giggling and then blames the girl "why did you want to play". I just want to give her a hug and let her know this isn't normal.

Poor kids deserve better than this.

I really don't know how to feel about this....I'm happy that these parents actions have been brought to light but I can't even begin to imagine the kind of pain to have your children taken away from you or your siblings being taken away, bittersweet situation imo.

Ensoul

These two were so arrogant blaming the haters and anybody else who said anything about them. No one is buying your "the kids were giving Oscar worthy performances. Glad the proper people saw through your bullshit and took two if the kids away from these two animals.

Just an awful c**t of a man, I have a son and daughter and could never imagine just watching them attack each other for sport or tormenting them to tears for enjoyment

Google

I've not seen the answer here.

Why did the father have custody in the first place? Was/Is the mother in a fit/good enough state to manage the children?

Zakalwe

Banned
Good news. It was really frustrating reading about this, especially the text exchanges between the birth mum and step mum, I thought this would be a drawn out battle with the kids stuck in the middle.

Especially felt sorry for Cody, but all those kids deserve better.

I've not seen the answer here.

Why did the father have custody in the first place? Was/Is the mother in a fit/good enough state to manage the children?

She sent the kids to live with Mr Daddy for 6 months because she thought it would be good for them. Cody especially, as he'd been having some behaviour problems.

Mr Daddy and Ms Daddy tried to take custody, probably because 5 sounded better than 3 or something.

There's an article somewhere about this, I can't recall where I read it.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
The second thread in a week with high-giving and celebrating someone losing custody...not saying I don't agree with the ruling, but something about celebrating feels a little...off. I mean, the kids are now less fucked, but still kind of fucked.

theWB27

The second thread in a week with high-giving and celebrating someone losing custody...not saying I don't agree with the ruling, but something about celebrating feels a little...off. I mean, the kids are now less fucked, but still kind of fucked.

Yall need to stop with this. You're blatantly ignoring context.

Are people celebrating the losing of custody, or celebrating the freeing of children from an abusive environment?

KarmaCow

Why the fuck should anyone be sympathetic to parents who systematically abused their children for youtube views? I know it's fun to pretend to be on a moral highground but pick your battles.

I think we can actually celebrate the kids leaving a abusive home. Wtf

Google

She sent the kids to live with Mr Daddy for 6 months because she thought it would be good for them. Cody especially, as he'd been having some behaviour problems.

I mean, I'm judging based on not a lot, but everything I've seen or heard of from the biological mum doesn't fill me with hope for these kids either.

Aiii

So not worth it

Some things are worth championing, but this really isn't the one.

As I said before, we can be thankful that the kids are away from what was obviously (after watching the videos) frequent physical, verbal and psychological abuse. However, we should also hope that the parents are rehabilitated so that reunification may be possible one day.

Regardless of how we feel about him, that man will always be the one and only father of those children. His place in their lives, hearts and minds is set in stone, and he needs to be guided on how to atone for the harm he's done to them. This is still salvageable, but denial and misdirection will get him nowhere.

Snagret

People are relieved that these children were removed from a blatantly abusive situation, of course people are rooting for this outcome.

legacyzero

Banned
Not at all. I see nothing wrong in celebrating a child being safer from abusive parents

pgvKEr.gif

/r/punchablefaces

Wood Man

Two kids got split up from the family they grew up and lived with. Of course they arent doing "ok :)". Probably are going through an incredibly difficult time and transition.

That is what is sad about the entire situation, is that no good outcome really happens.

Shitty situation indeed. We really don't know if their situation changed for the better.

Why were the kids in custody of this terrible father in the first place? Is their biological mother any better?

Shitty situation indeed. We really don't know if their situation changed for the better.

Why were the kids in custody of this terrible father in the first place? Is their biological mother any better?

Their father forged custody documents to take them away from their mother.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Really hard to watch any of these and have any kind of thought that doesn't end with imagining what I would do given 5 minutes alone with these fucking piles of human garbage.

Yes it's different when you have a kid. No you shouldn't need to have a kid to understand how horribly wrong and fucked up and cruel this is...

and yes it's absolutely ok to wish the absolute worst upon these two white trash sacks of shit. I hope their entire life is utterly ruined and this follows them around to the grave killing every ambition in life they ever have again.

Fuck these people.

Murkas

So now we're gonna get vids from big name Youtubers coming out of the woodwork defending DO5 and blaming WaPo for what happened to them?

Off course, old dying media WSJ (or SJW am i right?) totally jelly of us famous youtubers making more money than them.

The fake news MSN totally sit in an underground bunker deciding which youtuber to do a hit piece on.

This post brought to you by Audible.com, click now for your free 30 day trial.

Off course, old dying media WSJ (or SJW am i right?) totally jelly of us famous youtubers making more money than them.

The fake news MSN totally sit in an underground bunker deciding which youtuber to do a hit piece on.

This post brought to you by Audible.com, click now for your free 30 day trial.

What big name youtubers are on their side? Defranco is the one who called them out. H3H3 also took a shit on them.

KSweeley

This has made it to the local news here in Baltimore, very happy for the two children who was removed. Baltuimore Sun reports that a custody hearing will be held on Friday, they also revealed the name of the crisis management firm that the Martin family hired, they also reported that Cody told his biological mother that the Martins told him that she "threw him away like garbage": http://www.baltimoresun.com/feature...be-michael-heather-martin-20170501-story.html

Two children from 'DaddyOFive' YouTube videos placed in custody of biological mother
May 2, 2017

Biological mother Rose Hall has gained temporary custody of the two youngest children who appear in the controversial DaddyOFive YouTube videos posted by Maryland couple Michael and Heather Martin, according to the Frederick County Sheriff's Office.

In a video posted to YouTube on Monday, Hall's attorney Tim Conlon of The Custody Place says Frederick County Circuit Court granted Hall emergency custody of the children amid the furor surrounding the Martins' YouTube channel, which featured videos of what the couple called ”pranks" on their children.

Major Tim Clarke of the Frederick County Sheriff's Office confirmed that the agency assisted in carrying out the court's temporary order Friday and helped peacefully retrieve the children. Clarke said the sheriff's office was not involved in the petition for custody.

Conlon told the Baltimore Sun Tuesday that a hearing will be held Friday.

Frederick County court authorities declined to comment Monday, stating that the case was confidential. Conlon did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

The Martins, who live in Ijamsville, Frederick County, sparked viral outrage with their YouTube videos, with many viewers believing the couple's behavior was abusive.

Michael Martin did not immediately respond to a request via Twitter from The Baltimore Sun.

Rob Weinhold, chief executive of the crisis management firm representing the Martins, the Fallston Group, referred a request for comment to the Martins' attorney, Laurie Wasserman.

Wasserman stated in an email: "It would be highly inappropriate for me to discuss the details of this very sensitive matter, or any associated proceedings, publicly. All information will be presented to the Court at the appropriate time."

Hall, a resident of North Carolina, told The Baltimore Sun Monday afternoon that she was in Maryland and reunited with her children Friday. She said she hadn't seen her daughter Emma since 2015 and her son Cody since 2014 after what she said was a tumultuous custody battle with Michael Martin, her ex-boyfriend.

Both children, who were featured in the DaddyOFive videos, frequently bore the brunt of what the Martins deemed ”pranks," which consisted of the two often screaming at their children, breaking their toys and instructing them to hit each other.

Hall first reported the videos to law enforcement in North Carolina in October 2016, but the agency could not respond because it was out of its jurisdiction, according to the Martin County Sheriff's Office.

Hall said in the video posted Monday that she was aided by various YouTubers who helped bring exposure to the videos, after one went viral around two weeks ago.

Hall stated that the initial reunion with her children was difficult.

”Cody had a difficult time when the officer brought him out to the car. He said some things that were disturbing, that he hated me and that Mike and Heather told him that I threw him away like he was garbage and I didn't love him," she said in the video.

”That wasn't true at all."

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
What big name youtubers are on their side? Defranco is the one who called them out. H3H3 also took a shit on them.

Keemstar. Never heard of him but apparently he has a following.
He seems like a real piece of shit from a quick look at his history.

fireflame

In a better system, reports of anonymous users of oyutube should have been enough to draw attention.Why did Youtube not react?

Hall first reported the videos to law enforcement in North Carolina in October 2016, but the agency could not respond because it was out of its jurisdiction, according to the Martin County Sheriff's Office.

I still have trouble understanding how this could happen.... can't cops in america communicate between jurisdictions? I don't know, in any country thing would have been done instantly, even if they're not in the same area.... just call the right departement/jurisdiction

how is that so hard? would love to have some clarification on this

Wood Man

Their father forged custody documents to take them away from their mother.

Hall stated that the initial reunion with her children was difficult.

“Cody had a difficult time when the officer brought him out to the car. He said some things that were disturbing, that he hated me and that Mike and Heather told him that I threw him away like he was garbage and I didn’t love him,” she said in the video.

“That wasn’t true at all.”

Sounds like there's a lot more going on here. These kids are in the middle of something truly vile.

Top Bottom