• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DaddyOFive loses custody of two of the children featured in his "prank" videos

rhandino

Banned
Im more concerned with them not being woth their siblings. Thats even more sad. My baby girl loves her brother to death.
To be fair it seems that the other kids were enjoying being cruel to them so I dont think they are that sad tbh

see5harp

Man some of you guys are a little crazy about this family you have no idea about. You don't know the biological parents and you don't even know what the family is like off camera. I have no problems saying that everyone involved, including these ratchet ass children who are probably home schooled and fucked up already, appear to be monsters but I'm not wishing death upon anyone.

SOLDIER

Fuck this guy. I'll drink a toast if I hear about his death one day. Hurting people like this is bad enough but kids? Your own kids?

For fame and money, no less.

That's what makes this even more heinous for me. This isn't some adult suffering from prior abuse or mental issues, he's just pure evil.

Man some of you guys are a little crazy about this family you have no idea about. You don't know the biological parents and you don't even know what the family is like off camera. I have no problems saying that everyone involved, including these ratchet ass children who are probably home schooled and fucked up already, appear to be monsters but I'm not wishing death upon anyone.

This is not a good post. And this is my heavily restrained reply.

GhaleonEB

Who on earth are you talking to?

I'll never, ever revel in the idea of families being torn apart, but this man's behavior had obvious psychological consequences for his children and he needs serious rehabilitation before ever being allowed near them again.

Lulubop

excuse me?

Arcia

Banned
Im more concerned with them not being woth their siblings. Thats even more sad. My baby girl loves her brother to death.

In the video with her lawyer, the kids biological mother Rose said that they were very happy to finally get to see their grandparents and cousins again, and even camped out on the floor the night they got back and played fort. Emma and Cody apparently had not been allowed to see the rest of their extended family, and Emma really missed her cousin because they were friends. I think its just as messed up for the father to isolate these poor kids from their other relatives that they loved.

Also, the 3 other kids who weren't taken seemed to be their tormenters half the time, so...

There's two sides to this I think. The oldest sibling was clearly bullying the youngest, who was by far getting shit on the hardest by the parents and the siblings.

On the other hand, though, children develop an innate attachment to what they have considered their family and household even if the environment is poor and the family is oppressive, so I wouldn't be surprised if both the kids end up missing that life even if they're objectively better off with their biological mother.

The youngest boy did, at some point during the videos, say he missed his mom while crying, and it was pretty obvious he meant his biological mother. He was also very upset when they tore up his valentine's card he got from his mother and said it was stuff "from people he cared about". Again, he clearly has a strong connection to his biological mother and what I just said in the first paragraph could also very much apply to her as well (details on her side of the story are scant from what I've seen). But from what I can see and from the abhorrent behavior of the parents and the way they stole custody of the children I think in the long run the kids are better off with their biological mother.

At any rate, I agree with what another poster said in that the best thing that can happen to the kids is going into obscurity and living their lives as regular children. Even just talking about this stuff makes me uncomfortable in some level; I'm a complete stranger in the internet, it's sad that I and all of us are privy to their lives in such a personal way. Even if the people watching this are sympathetic to the kids, just the fact that we all have our own personal view of the kids' worst moments, inside their own houses, inside their own bedrooms, is disturbing in its own right.

woopWOOP

Was just wondering about this yesterday if there would be any follow up on this

Glad something was done relatively quickly. I hope the two children will still end up okay after all that.
Same for the other three honestly, I have a sinking feeling the now youngest will be made the new target by his two brothers.

Lorcain

Who are the millions of people that subscribe to his channel to watch children get mentally and physically tortured? There has to be enough evidence in his 200+ vids to prosecute him for child abuse.

SOLDIER

One dude mentioned death penalty and that dude just toasted to his future death. I get the outrage, especially from parents. I'm not even a parent so I'll just see my way out.

You could chalk it up to hyperbole from outrage, I guess.

But then again...

The youngest boy did, at some point during the videos, say he missed his mom while crying, and it was pretty obvious he meant his biological mother. He was also very upset when they tore up his valentine's card he got from his mother and said it was stuff "from people he cared about".

That's just "having a BBQ near people on a hunger strike" levels of cruelty.

So no, fuck that guy.

One dude mentioned death penalty and that dude just toasted to his future death. I get the outrage, especially from parents. I'm not even a parent so I'll just see my way out.
You don't have to be a parent to see how emotionally abusing a child for money can be absolutely disgusting.

Damn this outrage culture. Can't a man make money by abusing his step children in peace?

rjinaz

This guy collected much more footage than defranco.

https://youtu.be/QOVrrL5KtsM

It's gut wrenching.

Skip to about the 19 min mark for the "give Cody up for adoption" video. Just straight up emotional torture and the parents and the eldest son are loving it!

Fuck I'm sad now. Anyway, it's amusing to me how people seem to care more about others being outraged than the actual abuse or whatever the topic tends to be about. Silly liberals, am i rite?

Try again.

Renpatsu

Who are the millions of people that subscribe to his channel to watch children get mentally and physically tortured?
Based anecdotally on the frequency of videos defending Do5, they largely consisted of other children which is horrifying on a whole other level.

MrBadger

So the assumption that they're nicer to their kids off camera justifies how they treat them on camera? Nah, fuck that. I'm judging them based on how they put themselves out to the world.

rjinaz

Based anecdotally on the frequency of videos defending Do5, they largely consisted of other children which is horrifying on a whole other level.

Yeah same goes for the comments. I read through hundreds on youtube and twitter, and they nearly always seemed to link back to a kid.

UncleMeat

Good, probably the best outcome you could hope for. I just hope all five children can somehow overcome their terrible parents and turn out alright.

shandy706

Skip to about the 19 min mark for the "give Cody up for adoption" video. Just straight up emotional torture and the parents and the eldest son are loving it!

Fuck I'm sad now. Anyway, it's amusing to me how people seem to care more about others being outraged than the actual abuse or whatever the topic tends to be about. Silly liberals, am i rite?

I'll continue not watching this..sounds awful.

How old is "Cody"?

Up to a certain age kids really don't understand "sarcasm" or even "play scenarios" if they think someone may be serious.

My 9 year old daughter and I started joking about her hair being a pain to brush (tangles easily) sometimes and my 9 year old said "Just shave my head daddy." I said "I don't have shears so we'll have to use a chainsaw.". It was an innocent joke, and my 9 year old laughed at it. Turns out my 4 year old, in the next room, heard it and was sitting there balling when I came in later. I felt HORRIBLE, she thought I might "hurt sissy really bad" if I use a chainsaw to cut her hair. Poor baby doll, had to sit her down and tell her dad and sis were "joking, we weren't going to cut her hair." Poor kid can be traumatized even when you don't try to do it, heh.

rjinaz

How old is "Cody"?

Up to a certain age kids really don't understand "sarcasm" or even "play scenarios" if they think someone may be serious.

My 9 year old daughter and I started joking about her hair being a pain to brush (tangles easily) sometimes and my 9 year old said "Just shave my head daddy." I said "I don't have shears so we'll have to use a chainsaw.". It was an innocent joke, and my 9 year old laughed at it. Turns out my 4 year old, in the next room, heard it and was sitting there balling when I came in later. I felt HORRIBLE, she thought I might "hurt sissy really bad" if I use a chainsaw to cut her hair. Poor baby doll, had to sit her down and tell her dad and sis were "joking, we weren't going to cut her hair." Poor kid can be traumatized even when you don't try to do it, heh.

I think 8 maybe 9 now. Oh there is no play scenarios or sarcasm going on here. The Dad straight up says things like I don't like you and this house needs me more than it needs you. Just horrible things no parent should ever say to a child under any circumstances.

How old is "Cody"?

The difference is you acknowledged and realized each of your children's reactions and reacted correctly. These monsters take glee out of nothing but pain and fear.

Consider this: How much positive interaction do today's kids have with other kids and adults on a regular basis?

Most modern kids just aren't as used to caring verbal interactions or affectionate physical interactions as we often assume they are. When the positive interactions are absent, then negative interactions become normalized.

This is the emotionally closed-off society we've been building towards as parents for ages. Kids are now enamored with cruelty.

Jesus fucking christ. I had never heard of this guy before now and this festering pile of shit deserves nothing less than jail time for what he's done to his children. I am completely disgusted.

Don't think you're gonna last long around here.

How old is "Cody"?

Can you imagine then filming her outburst for profit? I don't know how that guy can do it.

But seriously, that's adorable.

Murkas

pgvKEr.gif

MrBadger

When did I say any of that.

I apologise that I replied in the heat of the moment and slightly misinterpreted your post. But I don't think "you don't know what they're like off camera" has any relevance to this discussion. There's really no off-camera stuff that could redeem what they're like on-camera, short of the kids being incredibly convincing actors.

Uh, I think you've got the wrong target b

jph139

I'll never, ever revel in the idea of families being torn apart, but this man's behavior had obvious psychological consequences for his children and he needs serious rehabilitation before ever being allowed near them again.

Yeah, I think people are too quick on the "just take the kids away!" solution. Taking a young child away from their home environment and family is like, I dunno, an amputation - it's never pretty even if it's sometimes necessary.

Hopefully they'll be happier now (and I think they will be) but it's gonna be a long, bumpy road.

SOLDIER

I apologise that I replied in the heat of the moment and slightly misinterpreted your post. But I don't think "you don't know what they're like off camera" has any relevance to this discussion. There's really no off-camera stuff that could redeem what they're like on-camera, short of the kids being incredibly convincing actors.

The numerous visible bruises on Cody makes me not want to know what goes on off-camera.

shiba5

How old is "Cody"?

Yeah, they really don't. My husband told my niece he put some broccoli in her milk, and she started crying. Whoops!

shandy706

I think 8 maybe 9 now. Oh there is no play scenarios or sarcasm going on here. The Dad straight up says things like I don't like you and this house needs me more than it needs you. Just horrible things no parent should ever say to a child under any circumstances.

The difference is you acknowledged and realized each of your children's reactions and reacted correctly. These monsters take glee out of nothing but pain and fear.

Can you imagine then filming her outburst for profit? I don't know how that guy can do it.

It's evil/gross/sick.

But seriously, that's adorable.

Haha, I thought so too. She was legit concerned, but was fine after our talk.

Yeah, they really don't. My husband told my niece he put some broccoli in her milk, and she started crying. Whoops!

LOL, yep...doesn't take much.

Top Bottom