• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II - March 2014

Hopefully this means they'll polish this more than the first! Can't wait either way, glad to see it's getting advertised so prominently.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Fair enough. Didn't expect it this year with the way they were talking, and frankly I don't think it would've been a good idea to launch it in the middle of the upcoming storm.

Unless next-gen is a complete bumble fuck out the gate, this is probably too late in the mix.

I agree. If PS4 and XB1 are repeats of the Wii U debacle, this game will be a welcome diversion. If the new consoles get quality first and third party support during their launch windows though, this game is going to get lost.

Tnetennba

Praise the sun!

Actually no, don't. I'd been hoping for sometime late this year. Ah well, if it leads to a better game then they can take their sweet time with it, especially if the PC version's as good as they're claiming it is. Just give me more damn souls.

S0N0S

Another view...

k-bigpic.png

KorrZ

Fuuuuuck. I was really still hoping for a 2013 release for this :(. Oh well, at least it's not fall 2014.

Danny-Boy

Awesome. I was expecting October 2013. I'm already booked out with Beyond: Two Souls, Batman: Arkham Origins, and Assassin's Creed IV.

Gentlegoo

Banned
Very disappointed. It will get overshadowed from next gen still being fresh, and not sell as much copies as it deserves to sell.

Ah well, from's loss.

ZangBa

My first post on NeoGaf, yay.

I don't know if I can handle waiting that long. Hopefully all this time is spent ironing out bugs and keeping the frame rate consistent, among other things.

sixghost

March? What a casual month.
Very disappointed. It will get overshadowed from next gen still being fresh, and not sell as much copies as it deserves to sell.

Ah well, from's loss.

We'll be almost 4 or 5 months out from the console launches. That's typically when new consoles hit their biggest droughts. All the launch stuff is done and everyone is waiting for the actual games.

Booshka

PC Day one, not upset by the release date. Plenty of time for the Fall and Winter madness to get out of the way. Also a perfect game to play on the current gen consoles while you wait for the next gen systems to lower in price and build a decent library of games.

I hope the PC version is up to snuff this time and 60 FPS is optimized for the engine, instead of it being slightly broken if played above 30 FPS.

Grief.exe

Also, the banner just outright tells you when the game will be released. What happened to the subtlety the series was known for?

They should have put it in a super shady part of town and you would have to get stabbed a few times to see it.

Dark Souls.

jacobs34

I really hope there is a way to download this on a next gen system, doubt I'll still have my PS3 or 360 by then.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
other than the fucked up graphics, how was the PC version? controlled ok with a 360 pad?

If this isn't on PS4 I'd be tempted to get it on PC provided it is solidly put together

Top Bottom