• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II - March 2014

Hypron

pure dex builds are common, good ones aren't IMO. Int + whatever is a different story.

magic is over powered against PvE but it's generally bad in PvP unless you're in a party or you have dark magic to spam. anyone who isn't dumb can dodge spells easily (or pyro). I tend to take people out with the moonlight greatsword because i love melee and that weapon is godly.

I also go with the heavy weapons. right now i'm love with the 50 str required dragon weapons. :)

Speaking about magic, I'm just wondering, is there any way to beat a faith based character that spams force when you're playing pure melee? I don't often play PVP but everytime I do and I encounter a guy spamming force I get completely wrecked. It hits super fast, does a lot of damage and destroys your endurance bar if you block it...

Booshka

Speaking about magic, I'm just wondering, is there any way to beat a faith based character that spams force when you're playing pure melee? I don't often play PVP but everytime I do and I encounter a guy spamming force I get completely wrecked. It hits super fast, does a lot of damage and destroys your endurance bar if you block it...

roll, then backstab. It's pretty easy when you get used to it. Blocking isn't advised especially if they are doing dead angle WoG's.

Hypron

roll, then backstab. It's pretty easy when you get used to it. Blocking isn't advised especially if they are doing dead angle WoG's.

Okay, thanks :) I'll try that next time I meet a guy that spams this spell. If the game lags as much as usual though I'll probably still get hit but it's still better than dying without being able to try anything.

Edit:

Metal Gear Rising!

I can get behind this.

moho-foe

Neo Member

yup. you can also play chicken with them to get them to waste their castings if you have enough space to do that. the key is to somehow fool them into casting it when you have the advantage and then punish very quickly. timing is everything.

Considering I'm not planning on getting a next-gen system for a while, I hope we continue to get PS360 releases staggered well into 2014. I'm glad Dark Souls II will at least be one of them.

MEsoJD

Banned
last time i post this, i swear:

frnxxym.gif.pagespeedxvjnf.gif

amazing!

Daante

Im there day 1.

March is a great month, its still cold, a bit dark outside and yeah a good month to be inside and play! :D

J4g3r

So far away, was really hoping for it to release this year.

I really hope they do end up releasing it on the next gen systems too, (Not Wii U) it just makes sense.

Most anticipated game to be released for me!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Good. More time to polish this game.

Chittagong

Gold Member
I am thinking of starting Dark Souls again. I got traumatized stuck in the boss dragon on church roof. Say me encouraging things gaf!

KAOz

Short bus special
I am euphoric there is a release date.

I am crying from sadness because I've been prepared to die once again for so long, and now I have to wait even longer.

SJRB

Gold Member
I am thinking of starting Dark Souls again. I got traumatized stuck in the boss dragon on church roof. Say me encouraging things gaf!

Summon Solaire and Lautrec, your battle will swiftly be over and your trauma purged.

...but this is only the beginning.

Xpliskin

Kiln of the first flame, black knight armor, aaaaaaaaaaaaaah I miss those days.

"Imminent tears..."

that's soo far away :(

Forkball

But March 2014 is not June 2013. No, nothing about this is good at all!

I don't imagine it will have a lot of competition at that time, so I can see it being quite successful based on that alone.

vargr

Neo Member
I'm pretty okay with the wait myself. More time to polish things up, and it's looking like they intend to have quite a bit of shine. Hoping they can advance without a lot of sacrifice, as that seems to be the status quo as a series moves forward more often than not anymore.

Fingers crossed.

Mileena

Banned
Ok, so this opens up the 2013 GOTY spot (2014 GOTY is locked to Darks Souls II).

What's the GOTY now, GAF?

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate gets my vote as of right now. I honestly can't see Last of Us topping that and then the rest of the year has mostly shit.

Top Bottom