• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT2| Prepare to Vengarl

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryMoth

lol
remember in brightstone cove after the boss you fight that undead guy in his study? Then the room after is the primal bonfire and the boss is there. He doesn't have a bottom screen health bar. II just checked his armor in my game and his name is Vengarl if that rings any bells too.
OOOOHHH that guy! Haha I completely failed to make that connecting, I think the name of the armour he drops threw me off for some reason because it reminded me of someone else. Thanks :D!

ah, I hoped so. I pray it's not too late in the game.

what seriously? ugh :(
I guess the average SL must be higher than in the previous games, what with equipment load, stamina, health and the agility thingy stat.

oh, and I see people talking about a
wharf before tackling lost sinner
, I found an area that might be it but I was coming from the
bastille
, did I miss an obvious road somewhere ?

The Old Wharf is accessed from a path after Dragonrider at Heide's Tower.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
Killed my first boss.
dragonrider
Thinking I might have gone out of order.

I'm really sucking hard on this game. DS1 didn't seem this difficult.

There's not really any hard and fast order to fight bosses in to begin with, and the one you beat should be one of the first three or so you fight. So you're doing just fine.

CrovaxPSO

There is a third one, it's located
near where you first start the game, left of the river bridge you cross to get to the house
. It drops a nice ring, too.

Edit- I have killed all of them but haven't been offered the item reward yet. What gives?

Yeah, I killed the third one as well but she still won't give it to me.

Can anyone recommend a good beginners guide to this game? I am keen to get started but have no idea what class I should play, bonuses to choose etc.

Seems very daunting but I'm keen to get into it. For reference I played about 5 hours of Dark Souls (not sure why I stopped)

There's no real guide yet. The community is still trying to figure out the game. You're in the same boat we are.

Fbh

Rat covenant is awesome.

I've spend the last 15 minutes just standing there waiting for prey xD

vilmer_

I'm not exactly 100% on how the cloud saves work, but I just switched my old HDD into a new super slim and restored everything. I'm in the middle of the 24 hour timer where I can't copy it back over to the system so I'm just starting a new character for the time being.

I have it set to automatically save every night with PS+ now my question is, will my old save get overwritten by this new save when it uploads to cloud storage? I don't want to lose all of my progress from the old save...

saturnine

In Majula, if you go down the stairs behind the house where the talking cat is, you can access a new area. This game's version of Demon Soul's Cling Ring is also in a chest there.
oh wow, last time I checked I only found a shield and a locked door. I'll go take another look, thanks !

I see. I have the same problem, too. Does anyone else know what to do to get the
ladle
. I thought it was "kill the three hippo giants in tutorial area."
well I got it after killing the two big guys around the magic coffin and talking to the younger lady.

Persona7

Banned
I'm not exactly 100% on how the cloud saves work, but I just switched my old HDD into a new super slim and restored everything. I'm in the middle of the 24 hour timer where I can't copy it back over to the system so I'm just starting a new character for the time being.

I have it set to automatically save every night with PS+ now my question is, will my old save get overwritten by this new save when it uploads to cloud storage? I don't want to lose all of my progress from the old save...

Turn off auto update if you have it on.

oh wow, last time I checked I only found a shield and a locked door. I'll go take another look, thanks !

well I got it after killing the two big guys around the magic coffin and talking to the younger lady.

When you go downstairs, there's a chain you have to pull to open a floodgate.

And I talk to the young lady, but her dialogue doesn't change, just cycles through the stuff she said before.

Ghazi

Roll. All of his attacks are super slow.

He tracks, though, so like you have a very minuscule amount of time to pull it off without him moving with you. I ran out of human effegies, it'd be much easier to fight him if you didn't have to kill everything on the way there.

Dodge or block his attack, then wail on his fists when he lowers them. Or use ranged attacks.

He just shoots fire at me, most of the time, he barely lowers his fists. It's difficult to get up to him to hit his head.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Ah yes, a new OT
nothing_stops_this_train-9763.gif

Btw. can we get a Who Posted, Nito?

Astral

Dammit. I ran out of Petrified Dragon Bones and have pretty much no means of getting any more this playthrough. Should I just use a bonfire ascetic in Aldia's Keep (the enemies there have a chance of dropping them)? Would that increase an enemy's drop rate?

He tracks, though, so like you have a very minuscule amount of time to pull it off without him moving with you. I ran out of human effegies, it'd be much easier to fight him if you didn't have to kill everything on the way there.

He just shoots fire at me, most of the time, he barely lowers his fists. It's difficult to get up to him to hit his head.

You're probably missing a bonfire
Keep your eyes peeled in the room with fire breathing statues and spiked walls
. Also he's pretty easy to solo - he seems to get an insane health boost when you summon people.

Whoa. I did it GAF. I just beat Dark Souls 2. If only I had been a little bit faster I would have made the first OT.

Soul Level: 123
Completion Time: 48:10:22

This game was absolutely fantastic. Possibly my favorite Souls game. Even with my time I'm sure I missed a couple of bosses/covenants/areas.

Now, it's on to New Game +

Praise the sun!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
All these bloodstains and mournful messages in
The Shaded Wood
on some of the easiest enemies in the game. I don't even understand. I hate to be that guy...but this game is proving to be painfully easy so far. It's really weird that the Great Souls in particular are on some of the easiest bosses. It all feels rather anticlimactic.

LProtag

I enabled voice chat. Is there some weird filter on people who are using the ring for voice chat? It's creepy as hell, haha.

Scher

Yes, he does track, but it's hardly a minuscule amount of time. You just have to make sure not to immediately roll when you see the arm moving into position to attack. Roll only when it is actually attacking. I never had any issues getting away from any of his attacks by just rolling.

jabuseika

Ok I GIVE UP! >.<

I'm looking up some guides for
the first Iron Keep boss, Smelter Demon.

I died like 6 times already, and that was with Phantom Help... >.>

Raxus

How do you open the locked door in maluja ? Not the blacksmith. The big house by the pit??
In the area below the Cardinal tower there is a spot with a bunch of rooftops to run on. Jump your way to a cave and avoid the rock. Above where the rock came from is a cartographer. Exhaust his chat options and he will give you the key. Inside the house is a chest and an estus shard.

Ghazi

You're probably missing a bonfire
Keep your eyes peeled in the room with fire breathing statues and spiked walls
. Also he's pretty easy to solo - he seems to get an insane health boost when you summon people.

Thank you, I'll look, it's a really far distance to go from the room after the
Smelter Demon
, I've also only been summoning people specifically because he was so hard. I'll try again, to get to that bonfire.

Yes, he does track, but it's hardly a minuscule amount of time. You just have to make sure not to immediately roll when you see the arm moving into position to attack. Roll only when it is actually attacking. I never had any issues getting away from any of his attacks by just rolling.

I'm probably doing just that, it's so tense holding back from pressing roll right as he's lowering his arms haha.

Ok I GIVE UP! >.<

I was stuck here as well for a few hours I got a shield which blocks 100 % fire and normal attack damage and cheesed him!

Astral

I'm having a tough time deciding what armor to "main." I'm thinking it's between the Aurous set for it's ridiculously low weight and the Throne Watcher armor because it looks cool and it's feminine. The only problem is the weight difference. Low weight is really appealing but fuck Aurous transparency. Anyone upgrade any of these? How are they?

Scher

I'm probably doing just that, it's so tense holding back from pressing roll right as he's lowering his arms haha.

I definitely understand that feeling. I find that when I'm having a lot of issues with a boss, it's because I'm getting nervous and spamming roll to try and get out of attacks. Unfortunately, that's the perfect way to get hit by things. I sometimes have to force myself to just wait until they actually attack me.

AngryMoth

Ok I GIVE UP! >.<

I actually found it easier without a summon. Particularly if you're using the NPC who is useless in that fight. Just got to learn to dodge all his attacks, most aren't too bad it's just the combo that's a pain. Try using some resin to boost your damage output while he's going super saiyan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom