• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

aravuus

We've heard the feedback regarding this thread, and discussed it. It's a fair point that sometimes a solution doesn't fit every situation. Having considered that, it would be fair to let the PC-only players experience the game the way everyone who has already played it did.

I'm reopening this thread to allow new players on PC the fresh experience and interaction with fellow players. But when the time comes for this thread (or its successor) to be be moved into Community within a month or so, it would make more sense for discussion at that point to be centralized. At that point there will be a single on-going OT for future Dark Souls 2 discussion in Community, since most players would be experienced enough with the game to interact freely.

I hope this solution is satisfactory, and addresses the concerns expressed. Thanks for understanding.

Great, perfect

I've already put dozens of hours in the PS3 version but I'm still super psyched about playing this on PC

Maybe this time around I'll be one of the more helpful users lol, not the one asking for help all the time

Dr Dogg

Thanks for reopening this thread. It's very much appreciated.

I feel really dumb for letting my GMG 25% off code expire. So now I have to buy it for just 20% off. :(

Well look at it this way the more PlayFire credit you earn and apply the less that 5% is going to be worth. Well depending on if you own and have the patience for what ever the current PlayFire rewards are :p

Ridley327

Is the OT title something I'll get once I've played the game? Missing a reference here, other than the indication of better fps.

It's a reference to the speech patterns of the crows you can trade items with. There's been one in each of the Souls games up to this point.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
We've heard the feedback regarding this thread, and discussed it. It's a fair point that sometimes a solution doesn't fit every situation. Having considered that, it would be fair to let the PC-only players experience the game the way everyone who has already played it did.

I'm reopening this thread to allow new players on PC the fresh experience and interaction with fellow players. But when the time comes for this thread (or its successor) to be be moved into Community within a month or so, it would make more sense for discussion at that point to be centralized. At that point there will be a single on-going OT for future Dark Souls 2 discussion in Community, since most players would be experienced enough with the game to interact freely.

I hope this solution is satisfactory, and addresses the concerns expressed. Thanks for understanding.

It's really appreciated. Also, it's great that the mods actually took it into consideration. Thank you.

On top of that, it's always awesome to see such a passionate response about a game. Good to know I'm not the only one who sent a PM in! 7 more days!

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Shiny new OP for shiny new version. Look at those shots man, what an upgrade!

Once more, for the sun

xZ2sEbd.gif

Perfect solution. It will be nice to join everyone else later once we are all battle hardened veterans.

Subbing this thread.

I gitaa finish the rest of my SL1 DaS playthrough before next Friday. I don't think my soul can take playing the sequel until I kill Gywn with nothing but combustion charges.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I've requested next friday off work for this, hopefully I'll get it ok (may or may not happen)

I don't do it so much for games anymore (mostly because last few times I did, dates got changed lol) but I'll make an exception for DS2 :)

Where's my power stance bros. First time run through, gonna dual wield axes. Should probably still have a shield, I can't imagine doing an area like tomb of the giants without a shield the first time through.

Dr Dogg

What are you talking about, Nuuvem is $38?

It's 85 POUNDS for me. That's $150 bucks.

You got Google translate on? It should be R$84.99 which at current conversion is £22.64. Nuuvem doesn't do currency conversion.

Edit: Or what mannerbot said.

So what class are you guys going to start with? I went Pyromancer in DS and ended with some sort of End/Dex build.

Thinking about going Knight this time around. Want to single hand some big ass swords.

But is it region locked to a country other than USA?

Just Japan

-MD-

I don't even know what I'm gonna start with, initially swordsman sounded the coolest but I don't know.

I used a 1h sword + shield in my DS1 playthrough and I still don't really feel like doing any sort of caster type character yet.

It's probably either between swordsman and bandit, I really don't know, I just want a fast character with bleeding weapons or something. Someone halp.

NeededSleep

Not sure how the mods were in ds1, But is there a way to block invasions bust still summon and read online messages with mods( I know its not even out yet, but curious from the mod community)? If so PC version would be my choice.

Garcia

So what class are you guys going to start with? I went Pyromancer in DS and ended with some sort of End/Dex build.

Thinking about going Knight this time around. Want to single hand some big ass swords.

Just Japan

I went with dual swordsman for my first run and I think I'll repeat once more. After all, I didn't get the chance to properly finish the game.

Will definitely respec down the road, I'd like to experiment with some magic/pyro.

Tecl0n

I don't know, maybe swordsman? i'll probably won't even finish the playthrough though with the first choice. (I went through 4 chars before i beat DkS for the first time)

Not sure how the mods were in ds1, But is there a way to block invasions bust still summon and read online messages with mods( I know its not even out yet, but curious from the mod community)? If so PC version would be my choice.

Nope, invasions are a part of the game. However, the systems and covenants around invasions have changed such that invasions happen less frequently, at least on your first playthrough. I used to have a lot of anxiety about getting invaded in Souls games, but I have come to just accept it now and just roll with them. Makes it a better experience.

Sober

I was going to ask if the classes really mattered this time around but it looks like they spread out the stats more so a class feels more like a class rather than just starting gear-> do what you want kind of thing? Doesn't look like a caster will catch up to a melee fighter anytime soon or vice versa, is there?

You know how Souls games teach/train you to play better. It is kinda like that. The dual wielding swordsman is an interesting play style that can be a bit challenging at times, but if you persevere, you'll be a much better player in the long run.

Garcia

Do you guys think a GTX 660 Ti will be enough to max out this game? I was thinking about getting a 770 but would also like to hold on until the next series gets released before doing a big upgrade.

-MD-

The dual wielding swordsman is an interesting play style that can be a bit challenging at times, but if you persevere, you'll be a much better player in the long run.

But the way these games work is that it boils down to starting gear, right? Like you could pick a knight and turn it into a swordsman as soon as you find a couple weapons.

For example, I'm considering choosing bandit but turning it into a swordsman because swordsman has a bunch of starting int I probably don't need, or am I thinking incorrectly?

Do you guys think a GTX 660 Ti will be enough to max out this game? I was thinking about getting a 770 but would also like to hold on until the next series get released before doing a big upgrade.

I have a 660ti as well and I'm expecting to crush this game's requirements. I run everything else on high/max so this should be a breeze.

But the way these games work is that it boils down to starting gear, right? Like you could pick a knight and turn it into a swordsman as soon as you find a couple weapons.

Like I'm consdering choosing bandit but turning it into a swordsman because swordsman has a bunch of starting int I probably don't need, or am I thinking incorrectly?

That is not a bad plan and certainly an option. The bandit is a good starting class if you plan to change to other melee styles later.

I'm so hyped for this game. My PC is a little old but I should still be able to play at 1080p with a good frramerate.

The only thing I've heard that I don't like is that
you can be invaded at any time. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom