• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
I bear great news. Dark Souls 2 will be unlocked on Steam at 3:00 p.m. PDT. 1.5 more hours to go. HURRAY! :D

http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/articles/680563-dark-souls-2-pc-arriving-early-on-steam

079Slowpoke.png

i'm sorry :x

Had the same problem with a 7970, changed cable from hdmi to dvi and it worked. Might wanna try that.

OK, so this worked.

I didn't think it would, but it did.

WTF? I'm not sure if that's better or worse. Either way I'm not going to get to play this on my TV yet :(

Mkilbride

Banned
But I am on, without a VPN, playing US servers. Oh well.

Still...

The texture pop in is horrible. I can't believe how bad it is. Makes UE3 look godlike by comparison.

masterkajo

I bear great news. Dark Souls 2 will be unlocked on Steam at 3:00 p.m. PDT. 1.5 more hours to go. HURRAY! :D

http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/articles/680563-dark-souls-2-pc-arriving-early-on-steam

And I have to go to sleep in about 2 hours or I won't be able to get up at 6am to work. Will be the hardest day every. Constantly thinking about the game and all you guys. But when I get home hopefully all technical stuff will be sorted out and I then have the whole weekend filled with nothing but Dark Souls.

feel

Durante pls tell you are working on a solution for the in-game mouse cursor, its really annoying. D:
It would probably be relatively easy to hide it completely, but on the other hand it's a nice reminder that you're on a PC. I like it when I think of it that way :p
just realized that it comes up every single time you pick up an item?

it has to go.

AutoHideMouseCursor is your friend, works flawlessly here just like with Metal Gear Rising

4bf200193apnr9d.png

Mkilbride

Banned
Never happened in DS1 PC as far as I could tell in >200 hours and lots of online play. I think cheaters lose interest quickly.

Erm, there is no texture pop in.

There is -incredibly noticable texture pop in.

I watched an entire cliff face go from detailed, veiny to chalkhy grey soup.

Sullichin

But I am on, without a VPN, playing US servers. Oh well.

Still...

The texture pop in is horrible. I can't believe how bad it is. Makes UE3 look godlike by comparison.

Texture pop annoys me greatly.. I have not noticed it at all in this game.
The only thing that pops in are far away enemies :p

Huh? Why would it lose detail?

Durante

Believe me, I would have noticed that. Either you are confusing it with DoF (but it doesn't sound that way), or something is wrong with your configuration.

Texture pop annoys me greatly.. I have not noticed it at all in this game.
The only thing that pops in are far away enemies :p
Indeed.

Sanctuary

For those fretting about the DLC items; they really are not anything special nor more powerful than anything you can get within the first hour of the game. In fact, a few of them have stat requirements that would take you about an hour to be able to use anyway. On the PS3 version, I played the game through before activating the code. Now I wish I never had, because every time I start a new game, my inventory gets filled up with a bunch of shit that you can't sell.

Was that your first playthrough?

What SL did everyone get to when they beat the game? I'm seeing 100s but I'm pretty sure I only beat the game on like SL 60?

Nah. I had like 10 different playthoughs with 4 different characters on PC. The one I just beaten was my first SL1 run.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
anyone got link to good sweetfx settings for this yet ?

For those fretting about the DLC items; they really are not anything special nor more powerful than anything you can get within the first hour of the game. In fact, a few of them have stat requirements that would take you about an hour to be able to use anyway. On the PS3 version, I played the game through before activating the code. Now I wish I never had, because every time I start a new game, my inventory gets filled up with a bunch of shit that you can't sell.

I never did use my code, I don't even know what you get.

heiyu

Never happened in DS1 PC as far as I could tell in >200 hours and lots of online play. I think cheaters lose interest quickly.

i got one in 300 hours of gameplay. he didn't lose any hp. still he apologized after saying he didn't want to die being invaded in tomb of giants.
so casul

Boogybro

Does anyone know where the save files are stored?
I started my game on another computer profile and I don't want to start again.

Sanctuary

I never did use my code, I don't even know what you get.

A bunch of ugly ass weapons where only one of them is truly even kind of "a big deal". And that would be the INT staff, since the one you start with as a Sorcerer is such garbage. The downside IIRC is that it takes not so easy to get materials to upgrade, while the Sorcerer starter staff can be raised rather easily; but still sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom