• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Durante I am begging you. If you have it ready, pls let it be available tonight.

You know, it.

pls

Soon...

iPusnTuD6ccZ9.jpg

masterkajo

We've know for 72 hours or so due to the Steam page, but it was officially announced over 24 hours ago.

Time to update drivers.

Quick question about DS4 Xinput wrapper you are using, Grief. You linked to a version 1.3 prior in this thread. When I am searching on the official forum post here I only find 1.2.2 as the latest version. Where did you get yours from?

BPoole

The idea is to make it so it won't be a pain anymore, to anyone. Just use this tool and downsample whatever you want, you won't have to depend on display configurations or game support.

It's basically Durante refusing to link the fire and becoming our true lord.

DSfix allowed you to downsample Dark Souls 1 using settings in a text file.

GeDoSaTo will allow you to downsample any DX9 32bit game using a GUI. No more playing with drivers and hopefully if it works like DS1, it means that its card agnostic, AMD and nVidia welcomed.

From what I understand its' like DSfix but for every modern 3D game.
Wow, this is even more awesome than I thought. I wasn't even aware that you could downsample with DSFix

Wow I hope I don't have to do this. I'm going to be agitated if I can't play this on my tv.

It sounds like you might have the same setup as me with a monitor (DVI) and a TV (HDMI).

If so I 'fixed' it by starting the game on my monitor (Windows+P to swap outputs) and then swapping back to my TV once in the menu.

Eat it Scamco.

GavinUK86

Just played it for an hour or so and I really suck. Only played Demon Souls and Dark Souls for about half an hour so I expected as much. Runs great though even if it's not much of a looker.

Sanctuary

Not even in your account when you log in? They never emailed me one, but when I checked my account on GMG, it was in there.

Hah, nvm. I am such a tool. When I first looked at my account info, all of the pages were blank, and I didn't realize I had to click the header at the top for a drop down list. The code is there, thanks!

Durante, thx again for your work on the soul's games, dunno why your settings via Inspector are not working for me. I am using the same driver as you (337.50) and a gtx 680. I have used inspector before, so it's pretty weird. Have you got any idea?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Now that the purchase is complete, I checked my bank and:

1,44 SEK = 0.16 USD.

Fuck it. WORTH!

Kud Dukan

Xinputwrapper. Unplug other controllers. Select "hide DS4". Make sure you launch the program before launching Steam / DSII.

We should probably put this information in the OT

Okay cool, thanks. Apologies if that has been asked a lot. This thread is moving pretty fast at this point.

It sounds like you might have the same setup as me with a monitor (DVI) and a TV (HDMI).

If so I 'fixed' it by starting the game on my monitor (Windows+P to swap outputs) and then swapping back to my TV once in the menu.

Eat it Scamco.

Good to know.

I'm hoping my game will work fine without having to do anything though.

Orayn

Is downsampling a more power efficient way of getting crispest graphics compared to the best kinds of AA?

It's one type of supersampling AA and it comes with its own pros and cons. Sparse grid SSAA generally does a better job at similar settings, but it's not available in all games. (You *can* force it in Dark Souls II with the right Nvidia profile.)

cripterion

Eat it Scamco.

Wait, the game doesn't run if you have a dual monitor setup?

I'm really torn. I'm also really tired. But I'm also really hype. I have to go out tonight to a bar/restaurant, likely getting home at 11.

I've been up late a few times this work week already.

I haven't been to the gym since Tuesday.

I've eaten relatively "meh" this week (two healthy meals and one not so healthy) for two days.

I've had three large iced coffees today.

Do I stay up and power through, or do I get some rest, go to work tomorrow all powered up from my sleep, knock the goddamn cover off the ball and then come home, get my kids all situated for bed and then go play? I'm a responsible adult and I don't know what to do.

Sullichin

I'm really torn. I'm also really tired. But I'm also really hype. I have to go out tonight to a bar/restaurant, likely getting home at 11.

I've eaten relatively "meh" this week (two healthy meals and one not so healthy) for two days.

Do I stay up and power through, or do I get some rest, go to work tomorrow all powered up from my sleep, knock the goddamn cover off the ball and then come home, get my kids all situated for bed and then go play? I'm a responsible adult and I don't know what to do.

Play it now until you pass out in a pile of your own vomit while your kids wait to get tucked in.

brian!

the latter sounds really fulfilling compared to the first thing

masterkajo

So what do I need to do to get this game working with the PS4 controller?

Since it has been asked a few times, I'll try to explain everything how it should theoretically work. Haven't tested it myself but there are reports of it working.

Use your Dualshock 4 on PC for Dark Souls 2
1. Download and install the official Xbox360 controller drivers from Microsoft found here.
2. Get the latest XInput wrapper for DS4 from here. Latest so far is version 1.2.2 but there might be a version 1.3 around. I am using 1.2.2
3. Follow instructions on how to install the Wrapper found in the ReadMe file.
4. Make sure to connect or pair (BT) your DS4 controller correctly.
5. Close all programs that might use the XBox360 controller and disconnect all other controllers.
6. Start the DS4 wrapper and make sure to check the "hide DS4 controller" option. You can check when clicking on "controllers" that only the XBox360 controller is listed. Otherwise you have another controller (DS4 direct input) connected which interferse with your input.
7. Start Steam, Dark Souls 2 and enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom