• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levyne

Banned
The exe aint working for me Mr. Durante. Says I'm missing the MinHook.x86.dlll >.>

Same thing here.

A0clBVY.jpg

Mkilbride

Banned
I can deal with the texture pop in, I just can't deal with the god awful KB+M controls that have input lag.

My DS4 works with every other game, including Dark Souls 1. Why not 2? DS3Wrapper, latest & greatest(DS4Tool is junk, don't bother.)

Grief.exe

I have a Tritton Headset for consoles purposes which are nothing special but I was looking for something decent for PC indeed.

Regarding one of those brands, you mentioned, AKG, can you see any decent models in this page here ? Thanks in advance, sorry for the off topic guys.

I quickly looked over those and I couldn't find any I would recommend.

Generally open headphones are the best for gaming as they give you the wide sound stage and positional accuracy that is synonymous with the medium. Mostly for first person games really, but atmospheric third person games such as Dark Souls series would be perfect examples of why you would want an open headphone.

Can you not do leap attacks in this game? Forward + heavy attack isn't working for me. Is it broken with kb/m?

Isn't heavy attack two mouse clicks?

I can deal with the texture pop in, I just can't deal with the god awful KB+M controls that have input lag.

My DS4 works with every other game, including Dark Souls 1. Why not 2? DS3Wrapper, latest & greatest(DS4Tool is junk, don't bother.)

How long has it been sense you reformatted your computer? Specs? Do you select 'clean install' when you install your GPU drivers?

Something is very wrong with your configuration across the board.

Levyne

Banned
Also, is GeDoSaTo tweaks intended to work in conjunction with the Inspector tweaks from the earlier article or is it a replacement? I apologize if that's an obvious/green question.

He just posted in the GeDoSaTo thread that he's uploading an updated version with the missing .dll.

Ah, neat.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Is this business about the game not working if playing on a screen connected via HDMI correct? I have two screens I want to play this on that are hooked up that way...

Mkilbride

Banned
Nothing is wrong. Only with DS2. I format regularly. When I do drivers, I do full uninstalls in safe-mode, using select programs.

The game has texture pop in. There's no two buts about it, those screenshots show it and reviewers have been mentioning it. It's like UE3.

TwistedMind

Neo Member
So , for the people here who installed the game on their ssd what is the average for the loading times , i am asking because all of my steam library are on the hdd but i don't know if it worth the hassle to move the game to the ssd and deleting stuff since i am running out of space and some games don't benefit much from the ssd .

Haha! Just got my Collector's Edition (Holy shit he's HUGE!) and am on my way to downloading the game! Hilariously, it looks like it'll be ready just about in time for the launch!
SUCK IT!

creyas

We'll probably need a remake or remaster of the disable anti-aliasing gif.

This possible HDMI issue is really worrying me. I'll be playing on my TV or projector, no way to switch. Damn..

We'll probably need a remake or remaster of the disable anti-aliasing gif.

This possible HDMI issue is really worrying me. I'll be playing on my TV or projector, no way to switch. Damn..

I play with my monitor mirrored to my TV through hdmi.... Now I'm really worried about this crap.

EDIT: Original post included in spoiler. It has been pointed out I may have been too hasty in my reply and not realize that this actually isn't a problem for me. For the sake of transparency I'll leave the original post, however as pointed out by several others it works fine with nvidia GPU's which I have. Tensions are running high at release and it got the better of me. Apologies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Is Pharros Stone used in more than one place? Because I know you can find one, but also buy one. Only worth getting one?

didamangi

Fix my crash on startup issue by uninstalling the nvidia driver and installing the driver again with a clean install option, thank fuck for that. Hope it works for you as well who can't switch to dvi/hdmi to fix it.

creyas

I play with my monitor mirrored to my TV through hdmi.... Now I'm really worried about this crap.

I really wanna be able to play on my projector :-[

I recall seeing a few posts in recent pages of people having to switch to DVI for the game to work, and have the impression the issue was AMD only (might just be automatically assuming everything shitty always happens only on AMD). Might want to check before a disinformation snowball :)

edit: Seems to be going both ways connection- and vendor-wise. At least two people here with AMD had to switch to DVI from HDMI though.

Durante

Dear lord that is gorgeous. The DoF is a tad too strong, but I'll be damned if that isn't some impressive lighting modifications.
Just to make sure the message is heard:
article[/URL]]Note that for the screenshots in the following sections, I have chosen extremely strong versions of each, in order to better show off the effects. Rest assured that less extreme versions are just a small configuration change away.
From the article, which you should read by the way.

I don't play at those settings either ;)

Mkilbride

Banned
More pertinently, has anyone tried that Dark Souls 1 SLI bit?

From claims the Engine is 100% rebuilt, with none of the old, so I doubt it'd much.

I haven't tried forcing SLI myself yet, but it is tempting. Generally 50% of my GPU is being used so far, but not much is going on. Still, if I could crazily get 120FPS, I'd love that :p

Durante

Nothing is wrong. Only with DS2. I format regularly. When I do drivers, I do full uninstalls in safe-mode, using select programs.

The game has texture pop in. There's no two buts about it, those screenshots show it and reviewers have been mentioning it. It's like UE3.
I see what you mean now. I'd call that LoD pop in, not texture pop in. The latter term is normally used for texture streaming (like UE3 which you mention). DS doesn't have that, but it does have fixed LoD distances on some props.

Mkilbride

Banned
Wow, a reply by Durante himself. How embarrassing. I knew what it was once I had thought about it some more, but didn't see the need to correct as people ignored it. Still, it's pretty bad.

Keep up good work Durante.

You're doing Gods work, son.

didamangi

Wait... what!?

If you don't crash on startup then you don't have to worry.

But some users crash on startup, the fix is to switch your cable connection to another type, so if you're using hdmi try switching to dvi and vice versa.

I can't do that but I managed to fix it by uninstalling and reinstalling my nvidia driver with the clean install option. Don't know if AMD drivers have this option though.

Garcia

If you don't crash on startup then you don't have to worry.

But some users crash on startup, the fix is to switch your cable connection to another type, so if you're using hdmi try switching to dvi and vice versa.

I can't do that but I managed to fix it by uninstalling and reinstalling my nvidia driver with the clean install option. Don't know if AMD drivers have this option though.

Oh shit... That's not good at all.

This better NOT be true.

I just wired an HDMI cable through FOUR WALLS to hook my PC up to my big TV specifically for DARK SOULS 2 3 weeks ago.

I also want to play this baby on my biggest screen and I usually forward the signal through a long HDMI cable. Damn it, I hope it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom