• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moff

well, the last few hours I tried to make my pad work (wich worked perfectly fine with DS1), but I'm only tired and frustrated now, looks like I'm going back to reaper of souls till from software make their game work.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Goin' with the Knight class. Looks like a great starter for melee early on who wants to learn miracles down the line.

Bucca

I'd say Cleric. Starting with a Mace gives you a major advantage in the early areas, and overall it's one of the best PvE weapons in the game.

Cleric magic you get later is also pretty powerful.

Can't you get a mace in Majula though?

Mkilbride

Banned
well, the last few hours I tried to make my pad work (wich worked perfectly fine with DS1), but I'm only tired and frustrated now, looks like I'm going back to reaper of souls till from software make their game work.

Right? KB+M controls leave alot to be desired at current, and my DS4 doesn't work...so...

Christ, I freaking POLISHED my DS4 for today. I charged it, wiped it down, caressed it, whispered sweet words to it. I cleaned my register, viruses, ad-ware, malware, spyware, bloat, ectera, everything for today.

And without using a controller, it's kinda...meh.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Right? KB+M controls leave alot to be desired at current, and my DS4 doesn't work...so...

Christ, I freaking POLISHED my DS4 for today. I charged it, wiped it down, caressed it, whispered sweet words to it. I cleaned my register, viruses, ad-ware, malware, spyware, bloat, ectera, everything for today.

And without using a controller, it's kinda...meh.

Have you tried an earlier version of DS4Tool?

nbthedude

How are you guys even downloading GedoSato?

I don't see a link to a version on Durante's blog.

I'm also hoping maybe this will fix that stupid HDMI problem? Oh please don't let me have the HDMI problem! I really want to enjoy playing this in the bedroom on the big plasma. Especially after a shitty day at the hospital.

w3bba

if HDMI really is the problem, then i am curios why, HDMI and DVI are the same video signal, HDMI has just some overhead stuff, maybe its some screwup with HDCP?

T

TrueMenace

Unconfirmed Member

d00d3n

More pertinently, has anyone tried that Dark Souls 1 SLI bit?

I tried using these settings:

Sorryguys, I thought I mentioned it and must not have.

I use Nvidia Inspector and create a profile for Dark Souls

I then select these compatibility bits for SLI 0x02506405 (the non-Dx10+ category)

I then select these options under SLI
capturejwstm.png

Don't forget to add the data.exe to this profile.

Running 1080p, max settings, and the durante nvidia inspector with sgssaa increased to x8, fps went from a weak 60 fps baseline and constant drops to 40-50 to consistent 60fps. In things betwixt the fps only dropped slightly when opening a fog gates. Sadly, there seems to be major issues with these sli settings in majula. The part of majula with the big hole in the ground dropped the fps to 30-40 for as long as I walked around there. The issue was also present with SGSSAA x4. Removing the sli settings solved the fps issues in majula for me. Sli settings also made distant stuff (background stuff like mountains) flicker in some areas.

eot

Banned
Isn't heavy attack two mouse clicks?

I rebound it because double-click to parry = what. So I guess leap attacks and guard breaks just don't work. Also put block (left light attack) on shift, because that's how I played DkS, but the game considers 'shift-input' different from just 'input', so I can't lock on while blocking (there's no way to bind multiple inputs to the same action) :l

Sendero

Is there a link or post the Spoiler's thread that provide some initial/basics Tips?
Would like to read something like that tomorrow. (already saw the video's on the OP)

Important question: Is it possible to bind actions to Mouse 4+ buttons?

Less than 17 mins now!

Gvaz

Banned
Of course it would be released in japan (or internet piracied) before it unlocks here in usa.

And I paid for it and im stuck waiting 20 minutes :(

The_Monk

I liked using Pyromancer in Dark Souls, a bit of fire magic was good and using some magic to heal every now and then was also a great plus. For fighting purposes I was melee 99% of time. I only used those fire spells at the very start and any healing spells were very helpful to me as well during most of the game.

Is any similar Class to what I'm looking for? Is Cleric the best Pyromancer or this does not make sense at all? Thanks in advance.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I liked using Pyromancer in Dark Souls, a bit of fire magic was good and using some magic to heal every now and then was also a great plus. For fighting purposes I was melee 99% of time. I only used those fire spells at the very start and any healing spells were very helpful to me as well during most of the game.

Is any similar Class to what I'm looking for? Is Cleric the best Pyromancer or this does not make sense at all? Thanks in advance.

Do you stream? I'd love to watch right now.

Mkilbride

Banned
X360CE works for DS1, of course ,have not tried with DS2, as Is houdln't need it.

DS4Tool is junk. DO NOT USE IT.

DS4TOOL IS SPYWARE, SAME AS Motionjoy

Use DS3Wrapper.

nbthedude

You want Deprived. The Do It Your Self adventurer. :D

ElFly

I see what you mean now. I'd call that LoD pop in, not texture pop in. The latter term is normally used for texture streaming (like UE3 which you mention). DS doesn't have that, but it does have fixed LoD distances on some props.

Can we fix this with Gedosato :O

The_Monk

Do you stream? I'd love to watch right now.

Tried for a couple of times using OBS but I had some issues. My upload speed is fine but for some reason the software don't catch all so it makes the Stream really laggy. I never tried ever since. :/

I really should give it a go one day and buy a Webcam too!

You want Deprived. The Do It Your Self adventurer. :D

Wait a minute... is this a trap? :0

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

pyromancy scales with INT now like Sorcery does, in DS1 Pyro didnt scale with anything except DEX for casting speed (which is why you could be high DEX for melee and still be a kick ass pyro)

Bucca

X360CE works for DS1, of course ,have not tried with DS2, as Is houdln't need it.

Use DS3Wrapper.

The hell are you talking about?

Oh shit... That's not good at all.

I also want to play this baby on my biggest screen and I usually forward the signal through a long HDMI cable. Damn it, I hope it works.
If you have two outputs see my post earlier for a fix that seems to work. Basically start the game with a DVI lead then switch to HDMI. Game proper seems to work fine with HDMI, it just has trouble starting :S

Grief.exe

Use DS3Wrapper.

Lol what? You know he makes the source code available right?

This junior is all over the place.

mannerbot

Tried for a couple of times using OBS but I had some issues. My upload speed is fine but for some reason the software don't catch all so it makes the Stream really laggy. I never tried ever since. :/

I really should give it a go one day and buy a Webcam too!

I'll help you set up your stream if you want, fellow GAFfer!

Gvaz

Banned
Does anyone here have an HD5550 or nearby graphics card? How well does it run? I can't afford a new one until next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom