• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT4| Victory achieved for Scamco, text defeated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Booshka

I guess I'll goto Great Hollow to find those Crystal Lizards, as I can't seem to get Darkwraiths to drop them. Damn, I hate GH

Put on the Slumbering Dragoncrest ring and Covetous Gold serpent ring to make it easier. Stack 10 Humanity in your counter as well, be prepared to Quit and re-load often to make the Crystal Lizards reappear.

Canova

Banned
For PvP, it's really tough to actually hit people with the bow, unless you are sniping someone who isn't moving, don't expect to land many shots. The Composite bow has a slightly faster firing rate that makes it easier to hit shots in PvP, but the range is very low.

you gotta anticipate their speed/movement. I'm able to knock a few invaders off the small bridge in the beginning of New Londo Ruins with my Dragonslayer bow. it's really fun

Booshka

you gotta anticipate their speed/movement. I'm able to knock a few invaders off the small bridge in the beginning of New Londo Ruins with my Dragonslayer bow. it's really fun

Dragonslayer bow is another story, the arrows are deceptively fast and can knock you down, I was talking about just the normal bows.

I'm still getting my head around stuff like humanity, I had no idea what it was for.

So basically can be used at a bonfire to go back to human form (similar to Demon's Souls), to kindle a bonfire, (which the only use of which is to allow that one bonfire to replenish your Estus Flasks? This explains why I was having to go back to Firelink Shrine to get my 10 flasks instead of the 5 I was getting in Undead Burg, doh!) - and you can use it as an item like you would use nameless/soldier souls - this way replenishes HP and boosts certain stats inc. defense, and when you die you can go regain your humanity along with souls.

Q: Should I be using humanity to kindle all the bonfires to their max, or just certain ones that will be used most?

It's confusing. I don't remember coming across anything in game that explained this, maybe I did but it obviously didn't make an impression! I had this problem with Demon's Souls too, there's so many stats I'm apprehensive to use things because I don't want my hard work wasted increasing the wrong stats (re: leveling up).

Having fun though, slowly making my way through. :)

Put on the Slumbering Dragoncrest ring and Covetous Gold serpent ring to make it easier. Stack 10 Humanity in your counter as well, be prepared to Quit and re-load often to make the Crystal Lizards reappear.

Hey that Dragoncrest Ring is a really good suggestion! Thanks. I just don't like Great Hollow because I tend to kill myself accidentally all the time :p

Q: Should I be using humanity to kindle all the bonfires to their max, or just certain ones that will be used most?

It's confusing. I don't remember coming across anything in game that explained this, maybe I did but it obviously didn't make an impression! I had this problem with Demon's Souls too, there's so many stats I'm apprehensive to use things because I don't want my hard work wasted increasing the wrong stats (re: leveling up).
)
I'd say kindle most of the fires to +10 and after you get certain item get the most used ones to +20 and the rest to +15. Humanity isn't that rare in the end, but I think you can do fine with just +10 flasks in most of the places.

I first thought that kindling fires wasn't permanent, glad that wasn't the case.

Mxrz

New character - thief - I'm trying to leave strength at 9, but that bandit knife damage is pretty lousy, especially against more than one enemy. Plan to switch to a falchion, whip and shotel if I can hold out.

Beaulieu

New character - thief - I'm trying to leave strength at 9, but that bandit knife damage is pretty lousy, especially against more than one enemy. Plan to switch to a falchion, whip and shotel if I can hold out.

i did the whole playthrough with the bandit knife. except for the last boss. Upgrade that thing yo.

Sajjaja

Just beat Gargoyles thanks to that Solaire tip. Now I don't know what covenent to join. J joined Way of the Light for now, but idk why. Guess cause it was first. Any tips?

Just beat Gargoyles thanks to that Solaire tip. Now I don't know what covenent to join. J joined Way of the Light for now, but idk why. Guess cause it was first. Any tips?

Not really, play as Way Of White until you find something more interesting. You aren't that close to any other covenant... Warriors of Sunlight is my personal favorite but you can't join it in a while. I'd say stick with the coop covenants (Way Of White, Princess Guard, Warriros Of Sunlight) until you get better at fighting with invaders, otherwise the PVP covenants can be pretty devastating to start with.

Mike M

Nick N

Way of the Light is pretty weak sauce, I think the only benefit is that your summon sign for coop shows up in more people's games or something.

Princess Guard has a similar benefit, plus you get access to healing miracles you can use on other coop partners. The sunlight warriors or whatever it's called (Solaire's group) is similar, but has offensive miracles. Sunbro's can coop with players with greater disparity of levels than usual, I think (Don't know if that's true of Princess Guard)

Forest Hunters will have you defend the Darkroot Garden area from non-covenant members. All the invaders seem pretty high level though.

Darkmoon covenant has you invading Dark Anor Londo for people who attacked Gwenyvere, and also going after people who've killed other players and been indicted.

Darkwraiths is just straight up plain invading.

Gravelord makes the lives of other players more difficult until they invade your world and kill you, so it's like having an "Invade me!" sign.

Sullichin

Chilling in blighttown with my lvl 33 dex build, who is currently dressed in gold hemmed and donning +10 great scythe looking like the grim reaper (chaos blade offhand), helping people kill Quelagg. I get invaded. Lovely. I didn't know where he was until I noticed a slowly draining hp bar in the distance (he got poisoned). He saw me as he was running out of Quelagg's lair and was standing near the trolls beckoning me with the 'come at me bro' gesture. Cue an intense fight on the 'beach' leading up to Quelagg's lair, avoiding trolls, boulders, jutting branches, and pyromancy (without the addition of NPC enemies, I doubt he would have posed much of a threat to me). The build bleedup on the chaos blade was a savoir... my fatal blow to him hit his shield, but inflicted bleed. So satisfying. Considering how gratifying 'legitimate' pvp can be, people who continually gank invaders/chug estus/invade noobs in the burg/etc are just missing out. Or I don't get their idea of fun.

Wowbagger

I beat them like 5 minutes ago :p

I would love to do co-op in other places and have that spare BKGA :)

I'm always up for co-op. Send a friend request? Only one guy in my list playing DS atm. :'(

I think I took them 750+- damage with each hit, but I used my Combustion/Great Combustion more than my weapon

Combustion works great. I beat them solo with that at SL1. B-)

Wowbagger

Sunbro's can coop with players with greater disparity of levels than usual, I think

They can't. I tested this a while back:

At SL29, my sunbro could summon a SL43 forest covenant member, but he could not summon me. Once I had levelled up to 30, he could.

It's 10 + 10% for sunbros as well.

Sajjaja

that's one way, feel free to explore, don't depend on what others tell you. if you get your butt kicked in certain areas go to the opposite direction
Is there another way? Lol

Edit: just went into that forest... got raped by a weird mechanical robot and 2 trees.

been working on my anti-twink/bb-glitch undeadburg "protector". SL12 - was going to be 10 but i decided i needed at least one attunement slot, swapping between power within and fire orbs, and I needed flash sweat to get
the chaos ember
. The aim is to co-op in undeadburg but i'm not just running ahead and slaughtering everything, more trying to guide the player through (if they are obviously a newbie) and show them a few tips like the crystal lizard and of course fight off any twinked invaders that happen to come along. Also quite a few people have lead me down to havel, sat up on the stairs and watched me kill him before going crazy with bowing/doing the happy jump, so i don't feel bad about it at all.

I do have to watch myself with taurus demon, i let everybody else go for plunging attacks before i'll do one otherwise the fight is over in seconds and i know myself how that can be a bit of a let-down after my very first gargoyles fight in this game ended in less than 30 seconds. If someone has summoned two phantoms though that fight is generally going to end very quickly regardless of weapon choice.

On the topic of weapons, I thought i'd make a lightning claymore +5 and expected that to be my strongest weapon. I'm actually a bit surprised to discover that even though the reported damage output is lower, as long as I have a handful of humanity (3+) I'm generally killing stuff much faster with a Chaos Bastard Sword +1 that I made to tide me over until I reached the Anor Londo blacksmith. With AL done now I'll be able to open up LI and farm the rest of the red chunks I need to max it. Current setup is
FAP ring, wolf ring, bandit pants and child mask
but i may ditch the mask since i've joined the dragon covenant and am trying to farm enough scales for the AoE attack. Have to farm the drakes since I haven't been able to get any eye invasions so far. only 21 to go now >.<

Mxrz

All of my weapons - bandit knife +5, scim +5, longbow +5 - were doing nearly single digit damage to Quelaag. Luckily Mildred went beast mode. This game is a lot harder without leveling or the easy-weapons. But I'm getting really good at parrying most stuff.

Trying to beat as few bosses as possible. Debating going for the giant black smith for easier upgrade stones, or leaving Sen's open for pvp.

- Fighting from the bottom of the swamp up through Blighttown for loot had me throwing my controller. Grr.

Soulhouf

been working on my anti-twink/bb-glitch undeadburg "protector". SL12 - was going to be 10 but i decided i needed at least one attunement slot, swapping between power within and fire orbs, and I needed flash sweat to get
the chaos ember
. The aim is to co-op in undeadburg but i'm not just running ahead and slaughtering everything, more trying to guide the player through (if they are obviously a newbie) and show them a few tips like the crystal lizard and of course fight off any twinked invaders that happen to come along. Also quite a few people have lead me down to havel, sat up on the stairs and watched me kill him before going crazy with bowing/doing the happy jump, so i don't feel bad about it at all.

I do have to watch myself with taurus demon, i let everybody else go for plunging attacks before i'll do one otherwise the fight is over in seconds and i know myself how that can be a bit of a let-down after my very first gargoyles fight in this game ended in less than 30 seconds. If someone has summoned two phantoms though that fight is generally going to end very quickly regardless of weapon choice.

On the topic of weapons, I thought i'd make a lightning claymore +5 and expected that to be my strongest weapon. I'm actually a bit surprised to discover that even though the reported damage output is lower, as long as I have a handful of humanity (3+) I'm generally killing stuff much faster with a Chaos Bastard Sword +1 that I made to tide me over until I reached the Anor Londo blacksmith. With AL done now I'll be able to open up LI and farm the rest of the red chunks I need to max it. Current setup is
FAP ring, wolf ring, bandit pants and child mask
but i may ditch the mask since i've joined the dragon covenant and am trying to farm enough scales for the AoE attack. Have to farm the drakes since I haven't been able to get any eye invasions so far. only 21 to go now >.<

Nice!
Indeed a Chaos Claymore does more damage than the lightning version. I have one lightning +5 and a Chaos +5 and even against the Black Knights who are supposed to be resistant to fire, I do significantly more damage with chaos claymore.

Where do I go after the gargoyles? Do I goto the titanite demon where the blacksmith is?
You can run past that lightening bolt chucking thing and explore the Garden for a bit, you should be able to explore a few paths before you hit some scary stuff.

Or you can go to Lower Undead Burg which is now open to you with
the key you get from the Gargoyles - the entrance is the locked door at the opposite end of the bridge from the dragon

You can run past that lightening bolt chucking thing and explore the Garden for a bit, you should be able to explore a few paths before you hit some scary stuff.

Or you can go to Lower Undead Burg which is now open to you with
the key you get from the Gargoyles - the entrance is the locked door at the opposite end of the bridge from the dragon

Yup, Garden is the best choice here. You get items that are vital from Lower Undead Burg on and the boss is rather easy.

Just hit level 101 and got my Sunlight Blade. Beat the game went on an npc killing spree kindled up the most important fires. My second run has been a piece of cake already got the lord vessel and joined darkmoon this time around. Flasks can't go beyond +7?

Just hit level 101 and got my Sunlight Blade. Beat the game went on an npc killing spree kindled up the most important fires. My second run has been a piece of cake already got the lord vessel and joined darkmoon this time around. Flasks can't go beyond +7?

i always feel super-bad
killing the blacksmiths ;_; but i do love the royal helm you get from vamos

re flasks, nope that's it.

Dyno

Got to the second bonfire of Sen's Fortress! That was a really fun dungeon!

My pure soldier character (Lvl. 60 - 27 STR, 26 DEX, 26 END, 26 VIT) is starting to become quite beastly and even durable. Black Knight Sword +3 deals nearly 400 damage. I was able to get that Lightning Spear up to +4 and it nearly deals 400 damage as well! With Havel's Ring I can wear Stone Helm, Gauntlets, and Legs with a Knights Armour and still roll!

I'm near a merchant who sells the Catarina Set and the Steel Set. Catarina looks really good from the weight vs. resistance perspective. Steel looks worse. Anyone every see a write up on the armours, which ones are the best for which jobs and such?

So, what is the first INT based weapon I can find in the game ?

mad spoiler warning...

can't think of find, craft is another matter.. as soon as you get a green titanite shard
there's one to loot in new londo, and another in the catacombs, but probably easier to farm the slimes in the depths for some - get the pyro glove and buy fire orb to make this easier. you can start making magic weapons at the new londo smith. then when you have one at +5 (will take 9 or 10 shards) buy the crest of artorias, run through the forest with the ghosts and nasty npcs, over the bridge past the cat and in the middle of a pond there'll be an enchanted ember in a chest surrounded by giant mushroom dudes. if you don't want to fight them just lead them away then run back and get it before homeward bone'ing out, or suicide run if you need to. grab that, go to where the hydra is and kill the golems there repeatedly until you get some blue titanite, take that and the ember back to the new londo smith and you'll be able to ascend the magic weapon to an enchanted weapon which gets better int scaling as you upgrade it. you won't be able to +5 it until way later, but it will be better than a plain magic one.

the only one that comes to mind that you can find is the
enchanted falchion from dukes archives, not available until midway through the game. but the weapon you get from cutting the boss's tail there is much, much, better. in the meantime as soon as you get to anor londo if you have a spear of any kind at +10 and the moonlight butterfly soul you can make a weapon from them.

2AdEPT

that's one way, feel free to explore, don't depend on what others tell you. if you get your butt kicked in certain areas go to the opposite direction

^^^^this by a mile.....going through the suggested path based on proximity to it and perceived difficulty is a huge mistake in my books. THe "road less travelled" message rings true for Dark SOuls, which the developers attempted to chage from DEmon's Souls in order to give the fans what they were asking for in a more "wide open explorable world." THe developers almost definitely INTENDED for people to find their own path by making the master key the most obvious gift at the start, but even without the key you can STILL sneak or "run by" by certain enemies to get where you need to go based on your character's need for specialized equipment.

Your own path from Gargoyles, (incidentaly you don't even HAVE to do Taurus nor Gargoyles first, YOu can easily ring the other bell first at Quellag if you wish) best involve equipment that you wish to gain to accent your favourite style/character role. IF you want to be a bow wielder for example you best set yoruself up for having a line of bows as soon as possible...if you happen to get the best bow on the final level what use is that for a bow character really? FInd a way to get where you need to go to get into the covenant you want but MOSTLY decide where to go based on equipment (and in order to do this without help you really have ot explore all nooks and crannies.)

Below is a suggestion for those that will choose a somewhat dedicated path (recommended to at least avoid complete jack of ALL tarades which doesn't work too well for overall game experience) BUt it will also give you a chance to get the best arnour for any light armour type character, and also the best weapon for doing the most overall bosses and is compatible with the most player types......both as fast as possible so that you can enjoy the game in the order you want from that point forward....but first the options:

REally from Gargoyles you have only three basic options, and another two tougher but still doable options:

The tougher options are tough goign for noobs of the souls series.
You could go to new londo ruins or catacombs if you want to be a gravelord or darkwraith and this would be suggested if you like to invade people and get the "baddest" armour and weapons......Grim reaper style. THese levels are very difficult and will take you longer to master at low level, but it is certainly possible if you want to invest time in increasing your personal skill.

MOst likely, you will want to get maxed at pyro as soon as possible to be stronger against a wide range of enemies. THe pyro path does not wreck you for wahtever you wish to do later and does not require you to stack points in dedicated spots for other styles...its universal at the start and all can try pyro for a while and branch out later to magic or whatever else. OPtion one for noobs that gets pyro but also access to teh best armour and weapons earlier is to forget about Capra, theDepths and going through Blight town the linear way...the best option for pyro and to get access to later free choice is to
Go through Blightown backward for a bit using either the master key or simply running by Drakes in the Valley of the Drakes...running by is more difficult though and might take a long time to perfect so usingthe key is recommended if you have it. Both of these options best include at least a quick trip to the garden area on the other side of the lightning throwing prowling demon near the blacksmith, A.) to get purple moss to prevent poison build up in Blighttown,and B) is mandaotry if you don'thave the key anyway.....ensure you have a bout 6 purple moss minimum.....multiple attempts of the boss down there will require more. 9 or 10 is suggeested as you hjave to run through a pit of poison water each time you re-try the boss...alternatively, you can find poison resisting armour at various spots of the early game.

I have written a detailed step by step on how to do all this (and if you really want to you can look up my history of posts in the previous OT threads to find it), because as much as I respect the approach of posters like Canova and Oracrest who rarely give this kind of "advice" I wanted to ensure that people at least had the varous choices for doign the game in different way than "suggested" by the early wikis, and more based on the developers true intention.....there really is only one first run through and despite that most will try "crazy shit" only after goign through linearly "the way it was intended", first......THIS IS A MISTAKE. THis game was meant to be explored and manipulated..its not cheating or breaking to get whatever armour and weapons you want for your character and to take a path that maximizes options at all junctures.

Once you ring both bells the options multiply and you will be able to quickly
pick up that armour,
and then go pick up the best
weapon.
You then have access to almost all the intermediate bosses to do in any order you choose in order to solidfy a dedicated character type or fighting style path..

edit: I understand that many don't want to help others see this reality as it CAN break PVP when griefers get too powerful too quickly...but this is is obviously goign to happen no matter what is written here in this community, so it is best IMO to have options available for the noob players and who are potential future enthusiasts of the series.

2AdEPT

Actually, there are only a couple in the whole game that you can "find." THere is a magic path started weapon midway through the game that you can find but I forget where..its a high dex weapon noramlly so has this moveset...

My advice is to make your own magic weapon if you wish or get one of the better magic freindly boss weapons by doing said boss
seath in dukes archives
.....this is midway through the game at best....toweard the end for most that are not creative. You can find a lightning weapon early on if you read above post and this will hold you over so that you can get better magic ones later.

2AdEPT

Got to the second bonfire of Sen's Fortress! That was a really fun dungeon!

I'm near a merchant who sells the Catarina Set and the Steel Set. Catarina looks really good from the weight vs. resistance perspective. Steel looks worse. Anyone every see a write up on the armours, which ones are the best for which jobs and such?

FIrst bit you wrote is an understatement...many believe you may have just done the best dungeon in any action RPG anywhere, ever......

the second piece can be done with a guide or wiki really too many choices....but as far as best all around best poison resisting best fire resisting EARLY game there is one particular set that you have access to after ringing both bells but requires you to be creative and run through an area that SEEMS tough but is very very doable.....hint
demon's ruins and bring a home bone if youwnat to keep your humanity and not chance a death on the return run

edit: many use the catarina set an alternative to the several types of TANK armour you can get, but make no mistake....the catarina set is tank armour and you will need to get creative if you wnat even decent mobility and even then, you will have to upgrade it to make it equal to other tank armours...the fact ALL other armours LOOk better usually writes it off right there. sorry for multiple posting in a row.

Guevara

Anyone have a link to an updated speed run since the patch? Preferably from the japanese guy who did the original one back pre-patch.

I'm interested in this too. It's a shame the glitch allowed that guy to skip the Catacombs, New Londo Ruins, and Duke's Archive/CC. Just when the speedrun was getting interesting he glitches out and is at the final fog gate.

Dyno

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

1. You can reach Blacksmith Rickard at the beginning of New Londo from Firelink Shrine (take the elevator down.) He can ascend a +5 weapon into a Magic Weapon provided you have green titanite. Magic Weapons scale with INT. This weapon can be ascended again later into an Enchanted Weapon which scales even better with INT.

2. Channellers Trident is an uncommon drop from Channellers in the Undead Church and The Depths. Titanite Catch Pole is an uncommon drop from Titanite Demons found throughout the world.

3. If you work a spear weapon up to +10 you can use the Moonlight Butterfly soul to creates a good INT weapon. You are well into the game at that point. Same goes for Moonlight Sword and Velkas Blade. Both will be good for you towards the end.

krakov

Any weapon +15 and Crystal Magic Weapon is by far the best. That said, there is a few magic scaling weapons in the game that are decent. I would recommend avoiding the magic/enchanted upgrade path though.

Also, just noticed you can keep Quelaag in constant stunlock with the Great Scythe R1.

The Chef

Chilling in blighttown with my lvl 33 dex build, who is currently dressed in gold hemmed and donning +10 great scythe looking like the grim reaper (chaos blade offhand), helping people kill Quelagg. I get invaded. Lovely. I didn't know where he was until I noticed a slowly draining hp bar in the distance (he got poisoned). He saw me as he was running out of Quelagg's lair and was standing near the trolls beckoning me with the 'come at me bro' gesture. Cue an intense fight on the 'beach' leading up to Quelagg's lair, avoiding trolls, boulders, jutting branches, and pyromancy (without the addition of NPC enemies, I doubt he would have posed much of a threat to me). The build bleedup on the chaos blade was a savoir... my fatal blow to him hit his shield, but inflicted bleed. So satisfying. Considering how gratifying 'legitimate' pvp can be, people who continually gank invaders/chug estus/invade noobs in the burg/etc are just missing out. Or I don't get their idea of fun.

I wish I could experience this. Pretty much every time I have been invaded I'd say 99% of the time I just get run-through in the back and die instantly. Fun.

Sajjaja

As per recommendation, I'm trying my best to stay away from the Wiki in my first play through so I'm asking everything here:

WTF IS THAT AT THE BOTTOM OF DARKROOT BASIN? ITS WAS LIKE A HYDRA OR SOMETHING! Also, is that a silver knight shield close to there or another npc?

Also, I can't open that door on the bridge in undead burg even though I killed the gargoyles. Did I do something wrong?

Sullichin

Any weapon +15 and Crystal Magic Weapon is by far the best. That said, there is a few magic scaling weapons in the game that are decent. I would recommend avoiding the magic/enchanted upgrade path though.

Also, just noticed you can keep Quelaag in constant stunlock with the Great Scythe R1.

Wut. I've been co-opping the shit out of Quelaag with +10 Great Scythe, 2H exclusively. I haven't noticed being able to get her in constant stunlock.

As per recommendation, I'm trying my best to stay away from the Wiki in my first play through so I'm asking everything here:

WTF IS THAT AT THE BOTTOM OF DARKROOT BASIN? ITS WAS LIKE A HYDRA OR SOMETHING! Also, is that a silver knight shield close to there or another npc?

Also, I can't open that door on the bridge in undead burg even though I killed the gargoyles. Did I do something wrong?

at the bottom of the Basin, go check for yourself :eek:

The key that opens the door to the bridge is located on a body before the church pass the large wooden gate after the Metal boar. You get that?

Sajjaja

at the bottom of the Basin, go check for yourself :eek:

The key that opens the door to the bridge is located on a body before the church pass the large wooden gate after the Metal boar. You get that?
Yeah I just got the key. I don't wanna go check cause not only is there a silver knight there, but frost giants as well. And I don't want to risk hollowing :( plus its scary. Man this is a survival horror game if anything...

First I got an Slab from the first run in the NLR. Finally! Now I only need another Red and White Slabs.

Then I went to collect some souls from Kiln by PVPing. It started out nicely but I still don't quite understand the red invasion sign. Is it random whether the enemy spawns into your world or you get summoned to theirs? Or do Darkmoon peeps summon you to their world from your sign? Because I really enjoy when someone comes to my world, No chance on lamers, just mostly fair PVP. But sometimes I get summoned as Dark Spirit and end up in a 2v1 or 3v1 with all kinds of buffs. Some guy was waiting right behind the summon sign, did the "you can't move LOLZ" miracle asap, then I started bowing (yeah bad idea at that point) and he devasted me while I couldn't move.

Then I went and bought all the remaining pyromancies and Ascended my Flame to +5 (And killed the poor woman, FEELS SUPER BAD MANG :()

Sullichin

First I got an Slab from the first run in the NLR. Finally! Now I only need another Red and White Slabs.

Then I went to collect some souls from Kiln by PVPing. It started out nicely but I still don't quite understand the red invasion sign. Is it random whether the enemy spawns into your world or you get summoned to theirs? Or do Darkmoon peeps summon you to their world from your sign? Because I really enjoy when someone comes to my world, No chance on lamers, just mostly fair PVP. But sometimes I get summoned as Dark Spirit and end up in a 2v1 or 3v1 with all kinds of buffs. Some guy was waiting right behind the summon sign, did the "you can't move LOLZ" miracle asap, then I started bowing (yeah bad idea at that point) and he devasted me while I couldn't move.

Then I went and bought all the remaining pyromancies and Ascended my Flame to +5 (And killed the poor woman, FEELS SUPER BAD MANG :()

It's not random. Being human allows you to be invaded if the boss is still alive in your world, regardless if you're using the red invasion sign or not. Your red sign has nothing to do with that, it just so happens to be that you also need to be human to use the red sign. It shows up in someone else's world, they summon you into their game.

And yeah waiting to be invaded is the way to go imo. I like doing that in Undead Burg (leave Taurus alive).

It's not random. Being human allows you to be invaded if the boss is still alive in your world, regardless if you're using the red invasion sign or not. Your red sign has nothing to do with that, it just so happens to be that you also need to be human to use the red sign. It shows up in someone else's world, they summon you into their game.

And yeah waiting to be invaded is the way to go imo. I like doing that in Undead Burg (leave Taurus alive).

Ach, obviously. I am a dumbass. I knew that was how it worked in the past, dunno how I got confused this time. Thanks.

Clevinger

Aw, what the hell, game?

In Tomb of the Giants I met Patches. I knew of his shtick from Demon's Souls, so I kicked him off the ledge before he could do the same to me. Then I walk forward a little bit and the cutscene triggers and he kicks me off the ledge as well. lol

Just defeated the Prowling Demon before the garden, then felt brave so went for the Moonlight Butterfly too, which was the easiest boss so far. Feels good man - really getting into the swing of things now. :)

Mike M

Nick N
Ornstein is a dragon slayer... So presumably the trophy room with the mounted drake heads in Anor Londo is at least a sampling of his handiwork (Incidentally, I inexplicably love that room, and I have no idea why. Just such a random bit of flavor to the world or something).

But the flavor text of the Drake Sword indicates that drakes are either a case of convergent evolution or very distant relatives of dragons (Which appear to have eight limbs in this mythology as opposed to four).

Makes me wonder if Ornstein just kills drakes now that the everlasting dragons were more or less exterminated, or if he was always just top drake slayer and was called Dragonslayer as a matter of convenience.

God, I love that the lore of this game has breadcrumbs like this sprinkled throughout the game that things like this even occur to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom