• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls Trilogy Remastered - PS4/Xbox/PC/Switch - Details In Thread

Orpheum

Dark Souls Remastered has been confirmed for PS4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and PC (unfortunately no loyalty discount for PC)

First PS4 Footage by Vaatividya

Release Date: May 25th 2018 (X1/PS4) Summer 2018 (Switch)

Price Tag: 40$ on Amazon.com

First Gameplay from nintendo direct

According to unnamed sources by Dale, QLOC is handling the Port of the game (see Post#151)

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikka...s-about-the-dark-souls-remaster/#41ef99bb2fb3

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/dark-souls-remaster-confirmed-for-ps4-xbox-one-and/1100-6456036/

"Experience the rich world of Dark Souls in upscaled 4K resolution with 60FPS when playing on a PlayStation 4 Pro system, Xbox One X, and PC," reads the press release. "Also, 1080p resolution with 30FPS is available when playing the game on Nintendo Switch with its TV mode."

Dark Souls Remastered will also support "up to six players" for online multiplayer. A Dark Souls Trilogy box has been announced for PlayStation 4 in Japan. It features Dark Souls Remastered, Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin, Dark Souls 3: The Fire Fades Edition. Additionally, it will have soundtracks for each of the games, knight and bonfire bookends, an encyclopedia, and a special art set. As of yet this has not been announced for other regions.

Trilogy Box announced for PlayStation 4 in Japan only so far!

3339100-screen+shot+2018-01-11+at+14.44.52.png

Confirmed resolutions/framerates

https://www.polygon.com/2018/1/11/16746620/dark-souls-remaster-pc-ps4-xbox-one-trailer-date

• Xbox One (1080p, 60 fps)
  • PlayStation 4 (1080p, 60 fps)
  • Xbox One X (Upscaled 4K, 60 fps)
  • PlayStation 4 Pro (Upscaled 4K, 60 fps)
  • PC (Native 4K, all textures 2K unconverted, 60 fps)
  • Nintendo Switch (TV mode: 1080p, 30 fps; Handheld mode: 720p 30 fps)

Thanks for the Title Edit, Mods!

Thread will be updated to the best of my ability!

Last edited:

xviper

pretty sure most newcomers of the series want Demon's souls remaster instead because they missed out on it since most of them started with Dark souls 1 and another wave of newcomers started with BloodBorne

philm87

I started with the Dark Souls 2 remaster on the PS4, so would love a Dark Souls remaster. Hopefully they'll do Demon Souls also.

Rodolink

I started with Demon's then got DS1 and for some reason didn't play it, DS2 came and played that instead, then DS3, so yeah the only souls I haven't played is DS1 !!!
But this rumour is kind of dissapointing since I was expecting it for Switch, for portability sakes.

Hissing Sid

Cool for anyone who hasn’t played it but I don’t think I’ll be buying it again.

I’d have been all over Demon’s Souls though.

Last edited:

Ostrava04

according to Kotaku, it'll be announced on the Nintendo direct for the switch and hours later the other platforms will be shown.

jayjay275

Well, I'm on the third and enjoying it even though level design is a bit confusing at times. I'd probably pick this up at some time in the future if it were released.

DilWSTS

Demon's is the one that needs the treatment, its the only one that hasnt aged as gracefully. Not surprising as it was the first.

Fbh

Might pick it up if it's more than just a basic resolution/framerate upgrade.

If not I'll just stick to the PC version

Orpheum

IF Kotaku UK is right with their assumption that the switch version will be shown at todays direct, this rumor could very well turn out to be true! At least i hope so

Edit: here's the Article http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2018/01/11/...tch-ps4-xbox-one-and-pc-being-announced-today

A few hours later it will be announced that Dark Souls Remastered is also coming to PS4, Xbox One and PC. These ports are being handled by a separate company from the Switch port, and will feature rebuilt lighting and SFX based on Dark Souls 3, as well as upscaled textures. One change we've been made aware of is that multiplayer will be expanded to support six concurrent players, which makes sense if the goal is to get Dark Souls' covenant system working a little more smoothly.

once again, just because Kotaku UK posts about this, it's not automatically confirmed. It's highly likely though in my opinion

Edit 2: let me know if i should put this information in the OP, this is my first gaming related thread on Neogaf and i'm a little unsure about how to proceed

Last edited:

Vitten

60 FPS confirmed on PS4! Sweet, might get it after all. ( though let's see what Blighttown has to say about that )

BANGS

Banned
Experience the rich world of Dark Souls in upscaled 4K resolution with 60FPS... ...Dark Souls Remastered will also support "up to six players" for online multiplayer

Are these really the only improvements? I mean it's nice but not worth a second purchase IMO...

Orpheum

https://www.polygon.com/2018/1/11/16746620/dark-souls-remaster-pc-ps4-xbox-one-trailer-date

The Dark Souls remaster, coming to all platforms on May 25, will include the downloadable add-on Artorias of the Abyss and feature improved resolution and other visual enhancements. Bandai Namco and developer From Software are also increasing the multiplayer count to a maximum of six players.
Bandai Namco also promises enhanced visuals on the PlayStation 4 Pro and Xbox One X systems. Here’s a breakdown of resolution and framerate options for Dark Souls: Remastered:
  • Xbox One (1080p, 60 fps)
  • PlayStation 4 (1080p, 60 fps)
  • Xbox One X (Upscaled 4K, 60 fps)
  • PlayStation 4 Pro (Upscaled 4K, 60 fps)
  • PC (Native 4K, all textures 2K unconverted, 60 fps)
  • Nintendo Switch (TV mode: 1080p, 30 fps; Handheld mode: 720p 30 fps)

i guess it will be more than just a simple resolution/framerate update :)

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
I will say I'm a bit annoyed that the xbox x doesn't get the improved textures, and only "upscaled" 4k...? That seems a bit naff when I think about it. I mean, how can it not handle that?

DonF

Nice upgrades for the ps4 pro version, I'll double dip if the price is right. I'm currently playing (and loving) Dark souls 3, and I still long for that awesome DS 1 world.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
wait is it coming to switch so its all the dark souls games ?
will buy if its physical no download shit nintendo

Bolivar687

Banned
I know it might be a little early to be saying this but the Switch is absolutely killing it when it comes to remasters of six year old last gen games everyone has already played to death on multiple platforms.

Orpheum

wait is it coming to switch so its all the dark souls games ?
will buy if its physical no download shit nintendo

afaik only Dark Souls 1 is coming to Switch. the trilogy-box is on PS4 and only in Japan so far...

don't know about a physical release, but i strongly assume it will be available on disc

BANGS

Banned
I will say I'm a bit annoyed that the xbox x doesn't get the improved textures, and only "upscaled" 4k...? That seems a bit naff when I think about it. I mean, how can it not handle that?
This is why the X isn't all it's cracked up to be. Just because it can handle better performance doesn't mean devs are gonna embrace it. As a dev, why would you work harder to make a game slightly better on the console that sells less than the other? There's no incentive there...

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
This is why the X isn't all it's cracked up to be. Just because it can handle better performance doesn't mean devs are gonna embrace it. As a dev, why would you work harder to make a game slightly better on the console that sells less than the other? There's no incentive there...

Of course it’s all about work load vs payoff.

But the media is already created. Adding it to a system that could easily handle kt requires minimal effort. It just screams lazy, in a way.

I’ll be buying the trilogy box set regardless. I love dark souls. But it’s clearly quite an obvious misstep for a system that should make it very, very easy to handle.

BANGS

Banned
But the media is already created. Adding it to a system that could easily handle kt requires minimal effort. It just screams lazy, in a way.
I'm sure it's more work than we are pretending to understand. And perhaps it is lazy, but ANY amount of time is money. They would be wasting money to waste money lol. It's just not a wise decision economically. As usual, if you want the best version of a game, you play it on PC. Not a gimped PC they call a console. You shouldn't purchase a console expecting PC quality games...

Pejo

I'm really torn here. Doesn't seem to be a reason to rebuy on Console or PC, but Dark Souls on the go is something I always wanted. If the 30FPS is solid, I'll do it. If it's like 10-30 FPS then I might have to skip. If they ever got the whole trilogy working on switch, A - I'd be amazed, and B - I'd buy it.

Last edited:
It will look beautiful next to Bloodborne and the other 2 Dark Souls. All we need now is a Demon's Souls remaster (and a sequel) and we're golden.

Top Bottom