• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls Trilogy Remastered - PS4/Xbox/PC/Switch - Details In Thread

Saiyan-Rox

Remember Blightown? You don't want to play that shit with <30fps believe me.

I've never actually played the first dark souls I hate to admit :( got 6 hours into the second before loosing my data and didn't go back, is it that bad? I thought the whole game ran at 30fps on PS3/360 anyway.

Osukaa

Hmmm I played this game for a couple of hours but never got around to going back and finishing it. This will definitely get a purchase from me.

Wow, that's a surprise- and pretty soon as well!
I'm happy for the people who missed out the first time now getting more chances to play this again.

The question is if this will play like the original or i they will use gameplay from DaS3. If the gameplay isnt the same it's not going to be the same.. at all.

Masagiwa

So this was the game that would "probably comply with the expectations of the fans in a straightforward manner". Does that mean the TGA teaser was for the "Weird" game they are working on :D

Omoiyari

QLOC(the developer behind the remake) seems to have a fairly good track record, especially in the PC department which is REALLY good news after the botched port that we got years ago.
DB4hbav.png

Robot Pants

The fact that dark souls is coming back in 4k with an active community is like a god damn dream.
2018 off to an amazing start.

How do you order the Trilogy? Is there no place to order it from yet?

Last edited:

Gaplanet

So this was the game that would "probably comply with the expectations of the fans in a straightforward manner". Does that mean the TGA teaser was for the "Weird" game they are working on :D

I think (or hope) this is not 1 of the 3 projects. Just something extra.

splattered

Played 1, 2, 3, bloodborne... All beaten once and played none of the DLC. Very much looking forward to this.

Maybe Namco are waiting to see sales/stats for XB version before they drop a 2k texture patch to match PC version.

Fuz

Banned
What's the point on PC?

We already have decent mouse and keyboard support, thanks to modders.
We already have 60 FPS, thanks to modders.
We already have better textures, thanks to modders.

I don't see any reason to buy it again.

goljanek

Neo Member
Has the pause functionality on Switch been addressed? I'm not sure how it corresponds with the portability of NS...

Saiyan-Rox

Update, January 12: Sorry, there's no loyalty discount for Dark Souls Remastered.
If you've got this far, you've probably worked out that despite suggestions to the contrary yesterday, Bandai Namco will not be offering a loyalty discount to players who own the original Dark Souls if they purchase the upcoming remastered version

well there goes that

Last edited:

Alebrije

+1 waiting for Demon's Souls remaster.

This gives more hope for a Demons Souls remaster but at the same time erases the idea of an E3 announcement from Sony this year since we will get Dark Souls remaster this year. Maybe for 2019.

Last edited:
I personally think i will be grabbing this on the Switch. I really like the idea of taking this on the go and I really want to support third party support on Nintendo.

MickeyPhree

In 2017, I started and finished multiple times:

Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin plus all DLC
Dark Souls 3 plus Ashes of Ariandel DLC
Bloodborne
Dark Souls

Yeah I'm buying this. I need more Souls.

HarryKS

Remaster as in same game with higher resolution and a more stable frame rate or remaster as in remade with the Dark Souls 3 graphics engine?

Donnie

Remember Blightown? You don't want to play that shit with <30fps believe me.

30fps wasn't the problem with Blighttown though, the problem was that it dropped down as low as 12fps. They just need to ensure that 30fps means 30fps with the Switch version (or at least 20-30fps which is bearable, 12fps is not).

Last edited:

Fbh

Damn...now I don't know if I want Dark Souls with all the bells and whistles on PC/Pro

Or if I want Dark Souls on the go

So far I'm more inclined to DS on the go. I've already played it at 60fps on PC and I'm going to be traveling a lot because of work this year

entremet

I really enjoyed DS last generation. I think I'm going to focus on co-op and invasion this time around. I got a platinum on it so I have nothing more prove. Co-op and PVP sounds fun.

ThisGuy

Holy crap! I never would have imagined I could play dark souls on the go! Switch is seriously on the road to becoming my favorite console. What an awesome surprise. Shocked its releasing on the switch.

Alebrije

Holy crap! I never would have imagined I could play dark souls on the go! Switch is seriously on the road to becoming my favorite console. What an awesome surprise. Shocked its releasing on the switch.

Ib4 :

images

9XI3tmgimGxRbXmvL9kP5X5yhc62twItdl4P5IbSs-paXw4gsnvzfhL7NC41qIphid2YjLzZQKFVZCDtthBt2xgJ5-SkNa2Sy-XoKL4IUyeBR-nHrjo8MzVopGn4DkPvmv3PrwEs58uE0zx9CuDfz2Jvvs5HyjY=w399-h368-nc

Last edited:
Top Bottom