• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls Trilogy Remastered - PS4/Xbox/PC/Switch - Details In Thread

Manus

Man as a PC owner it's hard to get excited for this. Do we know what kind of remake it is? Like what they have done with the game.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
1080p/60fps is nice but I wonder if it would be selfish to ask for native (or close to) 4K 30fps. Upscale 4K doesn’t really tell me much.

Maddrical

http://www.darksouls.jp/remastered/trilogybox.html

item_image.png

I want this so insanely bad but 50k yen is almost $600AUD. No way I can afford that. Drats.

Guess I will have to remain content with my Japanese CE copies.

EDIT: Also I would not expect this to mean a Demon's Souls remaster is coming at all. I'd say Namco have thrown a lot of money at From for this remaster. It's up to Sony to do the same for Demon's Souls.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
It's great and all, but I own these games already. Lol! I owned each one at launch and I got their DLC.

I'll probably be interested in the Switch version.

I love this series, but some part of me isn't excited. We've enjoyed these games for so many years already. Switch version sounds awesome.

Kadayi

Banned
Nice. I want to see some game footage though and Blight town better be fixed in terms of that FPS drop

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
With DSfix.
Without DSfix it’s a mess.

Gamers shouldn’t have to rely on Durante to get their game to run acceptably.

JP

It's good to see this happening but I'd really like to see Demon's Souls get this treatment at some point.

BANGS

Banned
With DSfix.
Without DSfix it’s a mess.

Gamers shouldn’t have to rely on Durante to get their game to run acceptably.
Nor should they have to purchase the game twice... so I'm not really sure what kind of point you are making here. PC gamers already have a great version of DS1 to play...

Manus

Nor should they have to purchase the game twice... so I'm not really sure what kind of point you are making here. PC gamers already have a great version of DS1 to play...

Yeah this feels like the same thing they did with Skyrim.

Ceadeus

Gold Member
So, the only one coming to Switch is the first and trilogy is set excusive on PS4 am I right? I'm confused

tkscz

So, the only one coming to Switch is the first and trilogy is set excusive on PS4 am I right? I'm confused

From what I can tell, only the first game is getting remastered period. Only the PS4 is getting all 3 games and only for the special pack (that costs $500). No other system is getting all three games.

Yagami_Sama

The tile is kind of deceiving, for one moment I thought that the trilogy would be on Switch, but it is just the first game, which is great news for me.I will be able to play this for the first time.

Ceadeus

Gold Member
From what I can tell, only the first game is getting remastered period. Only the PS4 is getting all 3 games and only for the special pack (that costs $500). No other system is getting all three games.

Ok! I see... wow that price tho :/ Well, I'm fine with anything Dark Souls on Switch really, I just can't wait.

frogger

Dark Souls 2 has already been remastered on PS4 and Xbox one, Dark Souls 3 was developed for PS4 and Xbox one, so the only thing new for PS4 and Xbox one is the Dark Soul Original Remaster right?

tkscz

Oh wow, I just read that title. That's very misleading. Only the first game is getting remastered. The second game was already remastered and the third game came out this gen. Also only the PS4 is getting the trilogy collection.

sublimit

Banned
I have played these games way too many times by now and i have bought way too many editions for all three games but i'll definitely get the remaster of the original. Not interested in the Trilogy Box myself but i think it will be a great buying choice for newcomers to the series.

Gitaroo

They ported the game to ds3 engine it seems like. Teaser looks like it will have physic based particles system.

Toni

So pumped for this. Getting it for the Pro day 1.

I sincerely hope you can still do the Dragon headstone glitch lol.

It made the game a lot more bearable for me and could do Ornstein and Smough thanks to that. Was also a life saver for starting new characters.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
This is good for fans and for people who want to play it
Ive never wanted to play the dark/demon souls games, so its not for me

BibiMaghoo

Maybe I'm being dense but the text implies only the first game is being remastered, but the title says it is the trilogy, so which is it?

Camaway2

How hard Is it to get in this game for someone who has limited time to dedicate to a game? Is there fun to be had even in small morsels?

masterkajo

How hard Is it to get in this game for someone who has limited time to dedicate to a game? Is there fun to be had even in small morsels?
It is (apart from Portal) hands down my favorite game. It just sucks you in (if you let it). You don't have to play in large chunks. You can start and set yourself small goals like getting on top of that hill or reaching the church etc. Just be prepared that there is not much handholding and the game is hard (at least in the beginning) and you are on your own. Take your time and take it slowly. Of course there a lot of guides etc on the internet if you really get stuck but I would recommend to try it first. Nothing better than finding the solution yourself. The amount of satisfaction you receive is beyond anything or any other game (at least for me).

Donnie

Very interested to see how steady the framerate is in the Switch version. Considering the PS3/360 versions dropped as low as 12fps at about a 3rd of the resolution they're aiming for here.

Top Bottom