• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls Trilogy Remastered - PS4/Xbox/PC/Switch - Details In Thread

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Well I just beat ds3 for the second time. I think I'm going to call it done on that one. Waiting for a sale on dark souls 1 or (preferably) a demon souls remaster.

I'm getting kinda annoyed at the silence around the Switch version of Dark Souls Remastered, as well as in regards to the Solaire Amiibo.

Vawn

Banned
This game was too easy in comparison to Monster Hunter pre MHW(casual edition)

I don't really see the comparison. Monster Hunter difficulty is to enforce the grind/hunt loop. Dark Souls difficultly is more just getting better at its style of play instead of trying to make your character OP.

Barakov

Gold Member
I don't really see the comparison. Monster Hunter difficulty is to enforce the grind/hunt loop. Dark Souls difficultly is more just getting better at its style of play instead of trying to make your character OP.
Parrying in Dark Souls makes some enemies a cinch to take down.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Is the title wrong? DS1 was the only thing remastered and it isnt a trilogy right?

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Sort of. 1 & 2 is remastered, but 2 is more of a remix. DS3 is not remastered. And it is a trilogy, Demon's don't count here.
Nonono I meant this is misleading as some people think all 3 games come in one package or something.

KevinKeene

Banned
1.) Bandai Namco screwed up

2.) Still waiting so more people are willing to double dip. I've seen some friends play the Xbox-version recently, so Switch-version might be too early for Bandai Namco's anti-consumer plans.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
In ds3 which side quests can be completed after finishing the game? Ive done Hawkwood and the pale tongue guy (but screwed up sirrius as a result). Any more? I might call it done if the dlc doesn't go in sale soon.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
1.) Bandai Namco screwed up

2.) Still waiting so more people are willing to double dip. I've seen some friends play the Xbox-version recently, so Switch-version might be too early for Bandai Namco's anti-consumer plans.
So you’re argument is that BN is holding off on releasing the Switch version in the hope that they’ll be impatient and buy the X1/PS4 version?

Woffls

summer my ass >_>

Still looking forward to playing it, of course. I didn't pick up the remaster on other platforms so it's still worth getting. Got a £30 pre-order somewhere I think.

STI

It’s almost autumn and I am still waiting for the switch release

Edit: Fuck, 10/19??? That’s the score I am going to give to the developers

Last edited:

hecatomb

Banned
if you search for dark souls remaster switch delays, ign and gamespot both say its delayed cause of network issues

God, annoys me how they've let this go on. Will still buy it, but it pisses me off that it's taken all of this time just go get an answer on when it's coming. It's a port, so struggling so much due to networking for a game like Dark Souls isn't giving me a lot of confidence in the paid online functions.

Mr Hyde

Finally some goddamn news. Disappointed that it's late October, was hoping for a late August or early Sep release. Not surprised that Bamco and Nintendo was holding out on the game to coincide with the paid online service. Shitty practise to say the least, but hey you gotta have some leverage for the marketing, especially when you yourself don't have any fucking games ready. Nintendo never change.

Winchester

I didn't even realize this pack was a thing until a couple days ago. I was just complaining in the PSN Halloween sale thread that only DS 2/3 were on sale and the first wasn't even on the list. Then I come to find out all three are packaged in a trilogy. Don't even care that they aren't on sale. I haven't played any of the DS games yet so this (Hopefully) is going to be like playing BB all over again.

Waiting for Best Buy to open up so I can snag a copy today.

Codes 208

I didn't even realize this pack was a thing until a couple days ago. I was just complaining in the PSN Halloween sale thread that only DS 2/3 were on sale and the first wasn't even on the list. Then I come to find out all three are packaged in a trilogy. Don't even care that they aren't on sale. I haven't played any of the DS games yet so this (Hopefully) is going to be like playing BB all over again.

Waiting for Best Buy to open up so I can snag a copy today.
I would say that the only one thats on par (if not better) with BB is DS1. While 2 is still a good game, its still a clear downgrade from 1 in terms of bosses and quality (especially ds2:sotfs when the game becomes fuck you edition)
Ds3 is a mixed bag. I personally prefer it over sotfs, but not quite ds2. As the swan song of the franchise, it loses a bit of its own identity becoming somewhat bland. Though no words can describe the satisfaction when me and my friend co-oped killed one of the end game bosses
The Nameless King
so it holds a good place in my collection.

But overall:
DS1 > BB > DS2 = DS3 > DS2:sotfs

Ive never played demon souls so dont ask me about that one.

Last edited:

Winchester

I would say that the only one thats on par (if not better) with BB is DS1. While 2 is still a good game, its still a clear downgrade from 1 in terms of bosses and quality (especially ds2:sotfs when the game becomes fuck you edition)
Ds3 is a mixed bag. I personally prefer it over sotfs, but not quite ds2. As the swan song of the franchise, it loses a bit of its own identity becoming somewhat bland. Though no words can describe the satisfaction when me and my friend co-oped killed one of the end game bosses
The Nameless King
so it holds a good place in my collection.

But overall:
DS1 > BB > DS2 = DS3 > DS2:sotfs

Ive never played demon souls so dont ask me about that one.

Appreciate the heads up. That's a bummer. I was hoping that all three games would be on a similar level to BB. I know in the BB OT thread, someone was telling me the first DS is definitely solid. Is SOTFS an expansion or another version of DS2?

Codes 208

Appreciate the heads up. That's a bummer. I was hoping that all three games would be on a similar level to BB. I know in the BB OT thread, someone was telling me the first DS is definitely solid. Is SOTFS an expansion or another version of DS2?
Yes and no. Think of it like diablo 3 coming to current gen where its more of an up-port with all dlc added.

Theyre all still excellent games though, even at worst Id give ds2 and ds3 a 7-8 out of 10

DSR doesn't replace DS for you? :p
Outside of being updated for 60fps, its really not a departure or a full remaster of ds1 imo. Graphically its more or less identical to the pc game and while they upped the co-op count, they didnt fix the online bullshit so hit and miss.

Last edited:

Codes 208

326140-YUU3hZefDbpE1Iw_.png

You made my heart skip a beat as if ds2 and 3 were announced for switch.

Top Bottom