• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders 2 new info! [one month away from release]

RPGCrazied

Much as I love trophies, I'm going to go for the PC version. Higher resolutions ftw. I should be able to max this game. Hopefully I can use my PS2 USB controller. I'll get the PS3 version on the cheap one day.

vermadas

Wow! Big thanks to an anonymous GAFfer!

1PHaT.png

I'm so excited right now :)

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
This month is at least less crowded than January 2010, when it was Darksiders, Bayonetta, and Mass Effect 2 all in the same month.

abundant

This month is at least less crowded than January 2010, when it was Darksiders, Bayonetta, and Mass Effect 2 all in the same month.

I wouldn't say that. You have this and Sleeping Dogs releasing on the same day and then the following week you have the new Mario game for the 3DS and Transformer: Fall of Cybertron. Then you have Madden the week after that. This is probably the busiest August of this generation.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I wouldn't say that. You have this and Sleeping Dogs releasing on the same day and then the following week you have the new Mario game for the 3DS and Transformer: Fall of Cybertron. Then you have Madden the week after that. This is probably the busiest August of this generation.

Eh, I don't even count Madden (completely different audience) and Transformers is pretty B or C-tier. And while I'm sure Sleeping Dogs is going to be a fine game it's probably been fairly under the radar I think.

DieH@rd

Banned
Eh, I don't even count Madden (completely different audience) and Transformers is pretty B or C-tier. And while I'm sure Sleeping Dogs is going to be a fine game it's probably been fairly under the radar I think.

The only other competitor is on the PC in the form of Guild Wars 2. But that comes out in late August and it doesn't hit exactly same player group.

Amir0x

Banned
They really look like they improved the game.

I hope the dungeon design is good this time around. Was my big issue for a game that mimicked Zelda in a lot of ways... mediocre dungeon design.

rybrad

Anyone know a fix for achievements not unlocking for Darksiders on Steam? I finished the game twice and still no finish the game achievement. While I am sure the DS2 unlocks from achievements won't be good for long I still want them...

Wish this wasn't so close to the 3DS XL launch day. Probably won't be able to get it day 1 now. :(

Yeah I'm going on vacation Aug 16-20 myself. Really sucks. I'll probably pick up the XL + NSMB2 when I get back and grab DS2 sometime in September when it drops in price. I'm not getting anything else until October (RE6 and Dishonored) anyway. Just shitty timing. Can't wait to play it though!

Sleeping Dogs is zero multiplayer so I can hold off that one for a bit and loot like mad in darksiders 2..when i start feeling a bit worn out with it i'll make the switch to some gangsta yakuza murdering

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Sleeping Dogs is zero multiplayer so I can hold off that one for a bit and loot like mad in darksiders 2..when i start feeling a bit worn out with it i'll make the switch to some gangsta yakuza murdering

Sleeping Dogs look way too janky and from all the gameplay videos it feel completely unfinished(like still in alpha and need more work) and I've seen zero footage from its PC version so I'll hold off on buying it for now( till gaf trust worthy impressions hit) and focus on Darksiders 2.

Phenomic

Anyone else plan on getting both Sleeping Dogs AND Darksiders 2 at once?

Yes only I'm getting The Last Story instead of Sleeping Dogs. I have a feeling we aren't ever getting another RPG from Reggie ever again. Two huge releases stacked on this game that already saw a European release months and months ago. Not sure which one to play first really. Been eyeing them both for a while.

Dacon

Banned
I am desperately hoping someone gets this for my birthday now.

Playing the original again now and I love it.

I got hooked up with a PS3 review copy on Thursday, and yet I'm still considering getting the PC version...

Not meaning anything bad by that, I just want to support THQ.

jobboy

I got hooked up with a PS3 review copy on Thursday, and yet I'm still considering getting the PC version...

how is the ps3 version running performance wise?? do they fixed the framerate from the first episode??

S1kkZ

dude, what? post some impressions man! a lot of people here want to know how the console version performs, so please give us some impressions on that.

IHaveIce

Banned
Ok is it normal that nothing appears under the my games tab in the gamestop app ? :/

I also got a code, but nothing happens

Amir0x

Banned
It was good even the first time.
But of course, we can hope it's even better now.

maybe if people aren't familiar with good Zelda games, but it was really sub-par by the standards of the genre greats. The dungeons required little lateral thinking, the puzzles were sort of rote, and while the bosses could occasionally be cool, it couldn't make up for the general lack of inspiration in a lot of these places. It felt like a starter Zelda game, a my-first-Zelda package or something but with a low grade God of War type combat tacked on.

Which, again, I can't blame Vigil... it was like their first game or something. I'm hopeful this improves on it dramatically.

RPGCrazied

Yeah I'm going on vacation Aug 16-20 myself. Really sucks. I'll probably pick up the XL + NSMB2 when I get back and grab DS2 sometime in September when it drops in price. I'm not getting anything else until October (RE6 and Dishonored) anyway. Just shitty timing. Can't wait to play it though!

Same here, after getting the XL with Dream Drop Distance and Theatrythum, I'm pretty much broke for awhile.

Can't wait to play it either. Would have been perfect with the original release date, cause that was around my birthday. The delay messed it all up.

Sentenza

maybe if people aren't familiar with good Zelda games
Played every single Zelda around. I'm even a fan of the saga specifically for its merits in terms of dungeon design.
Darksiders was more than good enough.

but it was really sub-par by the standards of the genre greats.
"Sub-par" compared to... what, exactly? Not being able to beat the absolute champion of a genre, in its very strongest area of competence, doesn't make Darksiders a "sub-par" title.

Top Bottom