• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders 2 new info! [one month away from release]

Truant

Fuck you THQ. This is 2012, release your games day and date for all countries unless you have a good reason not to. Digital releases should be simultaneous.

Truant

Ugh I know right? What is this 10 years ago?

Especially if you want more sales. People I know pirate exclusively if that's the fastest way to get a game. The same people would by the game in a heartbeat if that was faster, like from Steam day 1 or something.

What are publishers even thinking about?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Especially if you want more sales. People I know pirate exclusively if that's the fastest way to get a game. The same people would by the game in a heartbeat if that was faster, like from Steam day 1 or something.

What are publishers even thinking about?

Exactly!

Just beats DS1 in preparation for this game. Good game. cant wait for this one as it looks remarkably more polished and better. Those graphics for the PC look beautiful!

dreamfall

I'm replaying Darksiders in anticipation this week on PC. It's strange how much better I like it with Kb/M. I played it originally on the PS3. But I swear the Steam achievements are bugged- didn't get anything for beating the 2nd and 3rd bosses...

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
- Diablo 3 Hardcore mode is in [under the name of Nightmare Mode]. One death in combat = permanent death and total loss of campaign progress.
- MAGs are in. Possessed Weapons [rare&unique weapon lootz] must be fed with other random items to enable them to level up and gain more abilities and damage.
- Trading of items between players is in.
- Fast Travel. You can go into your map and instantly teleport to any location that you previously visited.
- New Game+ is in. You keep all your loot, enemies gets tougher and you gain % to find new tier of weapons which can have exclusive NG+ attributes.
- In addition to traditional weapon combos, your secondary weapons can be chained-in for their "signature attack", Scythe has its own rhythm-based/delayed-button press combos, and legendary weapons have their own special attacks.
- Re-spec of tech trees is possible!

Was gonna hold off on this until this winter, but after reading this and hearing alot of buzz from DMC players here on gaf I put my preorder in today.

25% off on GMG didn't hurt either.

Gonna see if I can blow through the first one in a week.

Dahbomb

Was gonna hold off on this until this winter, but after reading this and hearing alot of buzz from DMC players here on gaf I put my preorder in today.

25% off on GMG didn't hurt either.

Gonna see if I can blow through the first one in a week.
I am not going to say anything about the game until I get my hands on it. And if I like what I play I will be hyping this game up among the dmc and action game community. A lot of people are starving for a game like this, I know I am.

Abylim

Fuck you THQ. This is 2012, release your games day and date for all countries unless you have a good reason not to. Digital releases should be simultaneous.

Thank you, this is my reaction most of the time. Being a Canadian living in Australia, I see what its like here. And its fucking stupid. You know we still dont have Tales of Graces F? I imported that when it launched. Shit is retarded.
If I didnt love Darksiders so much I'd let my wallet do the talking, but I need this game. Just incredibly disappointed at any delay.

I'm hoping someone will break street date, but even then thats usually only like a few days before.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I am not going to say anything about the game until I get my hands on it. And if I like what I play I will be hyping this game up among the dmc and action game community. A lot of people are starving for a game like this, I know I am.

If it's as good as it could be, it being a lengthy action rpg is mega extra frosting on the cake

Maffis

So the OT comes up tomorrow. Gonna be cool to see the results. I hope Americans and others that gets the game early respects the different release dates and don't spoil anything about the game.

Sn4ke_911

hahaha he brought up that they hated that most main characters this gen all look the same
Was in this podcast anything interesting or new we didn't know yet. I'm at work can't listen to it now :/

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
So the OT comes up tomorrow. Gonna be cool to see the results. I hope Americans and others that gets the game early respects the different release dates and don't spoil anything about the game.

That should be a mandatory in the OT. No spoilers. I don't care if you've reviewed, pirated, are a dev, etc. No reason to spoil the game for everyone.

Darksiders doesn't have the meatiest story, but I know I wouldn't like someone spoiling it all the same.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
That should be a mandatory in the OT. No spoilers. I don't care if you've reviewed, pirated, are a dev, etc. No reason to spoil the game for everyone.

Darksiders doesn't have the meatiest story, but I know I wouldn't like someone spoiling it all the same.

It's a zelda type, spoiling key items is a dick move as well so I hope people don't dick out on that

monome

One quicky yet important question!

Does Darksiders 2 come with the choice of languages and subtitles in Europe? or is it specific to each country ala COD/Halo which is the most annoying thing ever!!!

DieH@rd

Banned
This will be great, I mean personally Im not worried Im not going to sleep til I beat the damn thing LOL. But if that's not how I was trust me I would be fucking pissed. :p

And we Europeans will have to be extra careful between 7th and 14th. :-/ Dedicated spoiler thread is a MUST.

Sn4ke_911

66f0ofp.png

RPGCrazied

Will the PC version support gamepads? I remember the first Darksiders only supported the 360 controller. But I have a PS2 controller with USB adapter.

DieH@rd

Banned
Will the PC version support gamepads? I remember the first Darksiders only supported the 360 controller. But I have a PS2 controller with USB adapter.

DS2 will most probably remain xinput compliant. You can try emulating x360 controler, there is few software solutions for that. Google it.

Riposte

This game seems very different. Which is a good thing, because I couldn't get into DS1 at all. The art design is still bit crappy, but seems better overall.

DieH@rd

Banned
BY2K is AFK from GAF and Steam for 2 days now... He mentioned that he will be moving to a new place.

But dont despair gaf. If he does not reappear in time, I will put up OT tomorrow.

RPGCrazied

Another question.

Will the PC version have more video options to change? I remember in the first Darksiders on PC, the only thing you could really change was the resolution and nothing else. I hope they have other graphic settings to change.

Sn4ke_911

What do you guys think, will we see any Strife/Fury Appearance In DSII?

I'm pretty sure, we will.
at least i hope.

Dantis

What do you guys think, will we see any Strife/Fury Appearance In DSII?

I'm pretty sure, we will.
at least i hope.

I would love it if we do.

I'm actually tempted to preorder this, but I know I should just rent it really.

Man, it looks so good though.

Top Bottom