• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

David Lynch: "It is happening" Twin Peaks back on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sherilyn Fenn sent out a bunch of tweets a few days criticizing...stuff about Twin Peaks? Production? Promotion?

14689278_1596419637328729_2044889172_o-696x156.jpg

14696985_1596430793994280_1180185445_n.jpg

PolishQ

Sherilyn Fenn sent out a bunch of tweets a few days criticizing...stuff about Twin Peaks? Production? Promotion?

14689278_1596419637328729_2044889172_o-696x156.jpg

14696985_1596430793994280_1180185445_n.jpg

Yeah, the best anyone can guess is that it's related to Kyle MacLachlan being sent to Cannes to promote TP, and that the female cast is not being used in promotion, or perhaps not being treated fairly in other respects.

I've seen some harsh comments about this, so let's please wait for further information before judging her or coming to Lynch's defense. Sometimes people need to let off some steam.

Yeah, the best anyone can guess is that it's related to Kyle MacLachlan being sent to Cannes to promote TP, and that the female cast not being used in promotion, or perhaps not being treated fairly in other respects.

I've seen some harsh comments about this, so let's please wait for further information before judging her or coming to Lynch's defense. Sometimes people need to let off some steam.

I'm not saying there might be legitimate reasons for her criticism, but it's pretty unprofessional to tease damning information like this.

PolishQ

Anybody read The Secret History of Twin Peaks yet? Cross-posting from the other thread:

My local Barnes & Noble was selling it early so I picked it up Saturday night and finished it yesterday.

Some post-finale things covered in the book, if you don't plan on reading it or want to spoil yourself:

- Hank Jennings is killed in prison by a Renault relative.
- Pete and Andrew Packard died in the bank explosion.
- Audrey survived the explosion, thanks to Pete shielding her from the blast.
- Dr. Jacoby has his medical license taken away.
- Agent Sam Stanley (from FWWM) turned to alcoholism and has left active duty.
- The same day as the "How's Annie?" scene, Cooper/BOB meets with Major Briggs and Briggs can tell something is up.
- Ben Horne gets control of Ghostwood (and apparently survives his fireplace-related injury from the finale).
- Catherine Martell becomes a recluse after losing Pete, Andrew and Ghostwood.

LProtag

I got my book early and I'm about 2/3 done. I'm loving all the references and fleshed out history of the series, and I think I'm just starting to hit at the 'fresh' material.

PolishQ

That blonde girl in the video is totally gonna be andy and lucy's kid ain't it

The new book has a young female FBI agent playing an important role and some have speculated that Amy Shiels could be playing her in the show, but I like your theory too. Assuming each person is dressed as their character in this teaser, it doesn't look like she's an agent...

I will be very satisfied if they release BTS features like this every 2 weeks from now until the premiere. It's wonderful just seeing the actors in costume and sets. I don't need anymore teasing than that.

PolishQ

I will be very satisfied if they release BTS features like this every 2 weeks from now until the premiere. It's wonderful just seeing the actors in costume and sets. I don't need anymore teasing than that.

Apparently this same video was shown behind closed doors at the Television Critics Association press tour over the summer. Hopefully more are on the way but it could be a while.

Well 2 weeks ago we got the Angelo Badalementi music teaser, so I'm hoping that the trend of every 2 weeks holds. Like I said, they can show very little and I'll be happy. I imagine they will want to introduce the actors in some sort of way. I mean we have to find out if Robert Forster is in fact Truman or not before the premiere, right?

PolishQ

Well 2 weeks ago we got the Angelo Badalementi music teaser, so I'm hoping that the trend of every 2 weeks holds. Like I said, they can show very little and I'll be happy. I imagine they will want to introduce the actors in some sort of way. I mean we have to find out if Robert Forster is in fact Truman or not before the premiere, right?

True! On that subject, one possibility that the book introduces is that Forster could be playing Truman's brother Frank.

LProtag

Finished the book. Both super interesting and super frustrating. It hints at a lot of huge stuff, but doesn't give anything really of substance as to what's going on in the next season.

I mean, I guess I should have expected that. Still a really fun read, and I loved the presentation of it.

Damn these production teases...doin their job but nonetheless what I'd give to see a few seconds of a shot from the show (assuming treeline shot is part of that at least). Will need to pick the book up. Liked the little ditty playing on top, seems like Lynch is really pulling together a bunch of music collabs for this season aside from Badalamenti.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
So two small bits of news, firstly there's a few actors we don't know about that will be in Twin Peaks. 217 actors were named of course, but it was confirmed by a costume designer for the series there's a total of 238 speaking roles in the new season: http://fashionunfiltered.com/people/2016/twin-peaks-revival-costume-designer-nancy-steiner-interview

"Well, the cool thing about it is this show is 25 years later. We are really, literally, 25 years after the original show ended. So we were interpreting that. But David Lynch’s taste runs from the ’30s through the ’50s, so that’s what that vibe is from—he loves those silhouettes, he loves the clothes from back then. I just incorporated some of that in my characters depending on who they were. There are 238 speaking parts in the new Twin Peaks."

But the more interesting thing is that Mulholland Drive apparently was being remastered by David Lynch in 4K and is going to have a reshowing in theaters around the time Twin Peaks airs and hitting a new special edition Blu-Ray and DVD that's remastered similarly to how Twin Peaks was to be released around when the new season airs as well: http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/lynch/mulholland-drive-cinemas-dvd-blu-ray-2017/

Recently voted the best film of the 21st Century in a BBC Culture poll, Mulholland Drive is essential viewing by one of the masters of contemporary American cinema. David Lynch’s scary and seductive vision of Hollywood is a true masterpiece, weaving together a tale of love, jealousy, and revenge like no other.

The new restoration of the 4k digital transfer, supervised by Lynch himself, will receive its UK premiere at Birmingham’s Flatpack Film Festival, which takes place April 4 through 9th 2017. More information on the festival can be found here.

The film will be then released by the ICO in cinemas on April 14th 2017, followed by a new special edition DVD, Blu-ray and EST release through Studiocanal on May 1st 2017, to coincide with the hotly anticipated return of David Lynch’s cult TV show Twin Peaks.

Beautiful, bizarre and strangely addictive, the film begins as a botched hit results in the meeting of brunette amnesiac Rita (Laura Harring) and blonde would-be Hollywood actress Betty (Naomi Watts). Taking the viewer on a memorable neo-noir trip through Hollywood’s dark underbelly, Lynch dispenses with a conventional narrative in favour of a hallucinogenic assault on the senses that will stay with you long after the credits roll.

Special features on the DVD and Blu-ray Special Editions to be announced.

Gives a more accurate time frame for when the new season airs, but more so as there are Mulholland Drive actors in Twin Peaks and they're timing this with the new season, among other hints, it's seeming more and more likely Mulholland Drive will be considered part of the Twin Peaks 'lore', which makes enough since as many know it was originally supposed to be Twin Peaks related anyways, but it's looking more solidly like Season 3 may take it as such. It could be just timing, but with everything including filming in Mulholland Drive-related places, I feel it's what they're probably going for.

Futureman

I didn't know that Mulholland Drive was supposed to be "Twin Peaks related." I know it started as a TV show, but didn't know about any similarities beyond that.

Even though we are spoiled as hell with however many new Twin Peaks Lynch directed episodes we are getting, I would still love if we could get a new film by him one day.

nachum00

I didn't know that Mulholland Drive was supposed to be "Twin Peaks related." I know it started as a TV show, but didn't know about any similarities beyond that.

Even though we are spoiled as hell with however many new Twin Peaks Lynch directed episodes we are getting, I would still love if we could get a new film by him one day.
I'd love a new film too but he seems to think the film industry is dead and not a good avenue to run down.

PolishQ

Gives a more accurate time frame for when the new season airs, but more so as there are Mulholland Drive actors in Twin Peaks and they're timing this with the new season, among other hints, it's seeming more and more likely Mulholland Drive will be considered part of the Twin Peaks 'lore', which makes enough since as many know it was originally supposed to be Twin Peaks related anyways, but it's looking more solidly like Season 3 may take it as such. It could be just timing, but with everything including filming in Mulholland Drive-related places, I feel it's what they're probably going for.

I'd love if the new series connected to Mulholland Drive somehow, but I think it's just timing, given that the Mulholland re-release is only happening in the UK.

Mulholland Drive, in its earliest conceptualization, was an Audrey Horne spin-off.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I was going to buy the Criterion version, maybe I should just wait for the new release? Also that would be awesome if it was connected to Twin Peaks. MD is one my favorite movies.

lmao now that's a proper Lynchian tease. The whole ad campaign should just be various cast members eating a donut or having a cup of joe, no dialogue, just a revolving door of Peaks denizens with coffee and donut by their side.

IIRC Lynch IS the one in charge of how the ads will be done so this wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Cels

incidentally i started watching this show, i'm on episode 5. not in anticipation of the revival or anything, just a coincidence

there are so many good looking women on this show, it's a little ridiculous...
special agent dale cooper already becoming a favorite of mine, and his love for pies and coffee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom