• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.
1245227615_colin_farrel.gif

lol..

I understand your point, but I think Nolan poisoned the well. Sure, the movies are great, but think about the fact that heroes that are supposed to exemplify an illustration of our best aspirations can't be enjoyed by all? That's a fundamental misunderstanding of capes and thighs.

Most characters are for all ages, but not all stories with those characters need to be for all ages. There is room for both and saying either one or the other should be the only thing that exists is stupid.

Most characters are for all ages, but not all stories with those characters need to be for all ages. There is room for both and saying either one or the other should be the only thing that exists is stupid.

I never said that. I said it would be better if they made them for all ages.

LionPride

Banned
To hell with the children

I do think some of them should be geared more to families though. Flash, Shazam, the next Superman movie

Batman should stay targeted primarily for older audiences. I imagine kids were bored as shit during Nolan movies too but whatever the first two were incredible and they all managed to be quite successful regardless.
You imagine wrong, I was 5/6 when Batman Begins started doing marketing, I and a lot of other kids were into it

The Dark Knight, even more into it

Kids love Batman, Spider-Man, and Wolverine

Always have

Mostly these movies aim for a teen audience, with them appealing to others outside that target. I think that's Disney's reason for buying Marvel; they wanted to cover that teen/young adult, male audience.

Now, Batman v Superman skirted the line between PG-13 and R (Ultimate Cut is R for some reason). If the argument is to adjust these movies to a milder PG-13, that's what we're seeing. But it's doubtful we'll get PG live action comic movies.

Ross61

I think it looks fine on that part. I hate the bulkier Cyborg designs.
I have no idea what I would've wanted a live-action Cyborg to look like, but they're doing a solid job so far.

Gleethor

He's just too skeletal. He doesn't have to be hulking, just bulkier than this. Maybe he'll acquire more tech throughout the movie and expand katamari style

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Could you bastards stop body shaming Cyborg, jeesh. Dude has it rough enough already you know.

Effect

I can see Cyborg's design changing later but it should look like his body. Not like he's wearing a costume. So on that front I can appreciate what they've done here. One could go in the other direction and make it bulky but even then I don't think that might be 100% appropriate. Maybe he can alter the look depending on the situation and in a small area like this it makes more sense for him to go for the T-800 look. Maybe he bulks up ala the New 52 redesign in more open areas. If so I hope that's toned down as I do not like the super bulky Cyborg design at all.

"Holy shit. Gal, you're supposed to look like you're fighting a dread galactic evil, not arguing with a fucking grocery store clerk."

This is a real post. Sorry to bring that here, but its so baffling.

a916

Cyborg looks dope, it all looks cool, excited.

He's just too skeletal. He doesn't have to be hulking, just bulkier than this. Maybe he'll acquire more tech throughout the movie and expand katamari style

We all wanted that for Doomsday... let's not get our hopes up

IconGrist

"Holy shit. Gal, you're supposed to look like you're fighting a dread galactic evil, not arguing with a fucking grocery store clerk."

What was so funny about that post is he thought he would get support out of it and literally everyone was like, "Uhhhhhh...."

Ross61

"Idk. Even though comic book movies sorely need more black heroes, I kinda wish Cyborg gets killed off so I don't have to look at his shitty design."

He looks like tin foil. It's weird.

The cannon on his arm looks cool tho. And maybe it will all be dope in motion. They've been releasing too many promo pics. Just give us a proper teaser already

Ninjimbo

The Doomsday fight is kinda underrated. So many people dog it, but man, there's so many things going on there visually that are just fucking cool.

My favorite part is when he looks up at the statue of Superman and goes on to break it. I like to think there's still some Zod left in there and he's angry and confused and doesn't understand a lick of what's going on.

bryanee

The Doomsday fight is kinda underrated. So many people dog it, but man, there's so many things going on there visually that are just fucking cool.

My favorite part is when he looks up at the statue of Superman and goes on to break it. I like to think there's still some Zod left in there and he's angry and confused and doesn't understand a lick of what's going on.

The only thing about the Doomsday fight I didnt like was the solar flare explosions. I could of done without those.

IconGrist

The only thing about the Doomsday fight I didnt like was the solar flare explosions. I could of done without those.

Likely just to keep attention away from people looking too close at Doomsday. His CG wasn't great so if he just blows everything up around him there's too much noise for you to focus on one thing.

I wonder if we will get more of Aquaman's BvS look in this. Seems a bit of a waste if they don't use it since it was only seen for like 3 seconds in BvS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom