• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loxley

I started building a library of animated films and just recently added Mask of the Phantasm. The movie is still great, but mother of god the DVD quality is freaking horrid - why is there no blu-ray yet? C'mon WB.

I started building a library of animated films and just recently added Mask of the Phantasm. The movie is still great, but mother of god the DVD quality is freaking horrid - why is there no blu-ray yet? C'mon WB.

animated series like Batman and Samurai Jack really need a blu ray release. Such fantastic style to them and we have to see this SD basura.

Ross61

I really hope we get to see that scene on the rooftop with Gordon that the reporters wrote about in the JL set visit before the movie.

Aquaman seems to be going smoothly. I'm not really worried about WW either; aside from that one negative rumor, what we've seen looks solid. Gal's acting looks decent, the premise is interesting, and the action looks well put together.

(Somebody does have to sit down and talk to Gal about varying up her facial expressions more, but it's not as bad as people make it out to be, imo)

Not so much the immediate stuff but Flash and other near future projects. I think we'll get Batman no matter what, I just don't want the DCEU to turn into the Batman cinematic universe.

LionPride

Banned
Not so much the immediate stuff but Flash and other near future projects. I think we'll get Batman no matter what, I just don't want the DCEU to turn into the Batman cinematic universe.
Their most successful properties in comics and tv and movies and video games is all Batman related...

That one trick pony

Flash I almost have difficulty calling "troubled," since at this point it's unlikely that the movie we get is in any way related to the movie that they started working on of 6 months ago. If the whole project gets reset aside from the starring actor and selected property, is it really the same movie?

As for after that... I dunno. They're going to slow down on the releases again, but 1 per year for a little while isn't so bad. Remember the massive gap between MoS and BvS?

LionPride

Banned
Their most successful TV would be Smallville which is Superman actually.

I'm talking about as a whole, not in terms of one show

The Adam West Batman, BTAS, Batman Beyond, he's a focal point of JL, his movies tend to be the ones that people like, The Arkham Series, the comics that are popular rn, are all Batman or Batman related somehow

----------
Sidenote, that Justice League video game, I want more of that shit

Hot Toys is doing a Suicide Squad Batman figure, and the cape has wires to keep in in place for poses. Glad I held off the BvS version
and by held off I mean I'm a broke mother fucker....

Rewatching the original x-men movie... has not aged so well. I mean I like it because I'm a comic nerd but damn the bar has been raised significantly for super hero movies.

Rewatching the original x-men movie... has not aged so well. I mean I like it because I'm a comic nerd but damn the bar has been raised significantly for super hero movies.

Rothman really fucked him on that production. Slicing the budget last minute. The effects look like garbage but the character interactions are great. Particularly involving Magneto and xavier

And wolverine being introduced in some underground cage fight was really cool.

He's looks fine in there but it's crazy to see how small he looks in comparison to later films where he got super swole.

Rothman really fucked him on that production. Slicing the budget last minute. The effects look like garbage but the character interactions are great. Particularly involving Magneto and xavier

And wolverine being introduced in some underground cage fight was really cool.

He's looks fine in there but it's crazy to see how small he looks in comparison to later films where he got super swole.

The elements of the movie are still solid, the actual production and execution is incredibly dated.

WHERE'S THE TRAILER?
5k0WALB.png

LLShC.gif

From time to time I complain about blockbusters being overly long and running out of steam. That first X-Men movie has the opposite problem where everything feels rushed. There are chunks of time where characters plainly deliver exposition at the expense of natural world building. It's got cool scenes and potential, but as said, Fox screwed with the production.

X2 was when it all came together and it holds up really well...except the use of an Nsync song.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Any new 4chan rumours? I lowkey live for them.

Just some dude claiming he has seen it and answering questions. Clocks in at 3h and 45minutes (which is usually a compilation of all the footage by thw editor, most directors don't even bother in that phase).

Movie is a mess, Flash ain't funny (this one I believe tho) etc. etc. BvS with jokes.

Just some dude claiming he has seen it and answering questions. Clocks in at 3h and 45minutes (which is usually a compilation of all the footage by thw editor, most directors don't even bother in that phase).

Movie is a mess, Flash ain't funny (this one I believe tho) etc. etc. BvS with jokes.

have they even wrapped filming yet?

Listening to the Interstellar score and the BvS credits makes me wish Zimmer stayed on for JL if only to create a similar theme for Darkseid.
Honestly wish they'd get someone entirely new going forward like Djawadi.
Dear god if we had him scoring it like Person of Interest or Game of Thrones...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH5rmm25P8k one of the best scored scenes I have ever seen.

POI was Shirley Walker style scoring at its best.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Listening to the Interstellar score and the BvS credits makes me wish Zimmer stayed on for JL if only to create a similar theme for Darkseid.

Don't drag me back into this shit. You have Junkie now. Everything is techno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom