• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

iBeleaf

shlq8cclktrz.gif

Cheebo

Banned
According to this tweet:

https://twitter.com/AMCHelps/status/919241864296873989

We'll be getting pre-orders for Justice League tickets available on Oct. 30th! Seems like quite a long wait considering how early Star Wars let their's out.
Star Wars is a much much bigger film, it's why they do it much earlier than more normal tier blockbusters. JL timing is pretty standard for films like it. I believe Wonder Woman was about the same time wise when I pre-ordered my WW opening weekend tickets.

jrush64

Banned
Star Wars is a much much bigger film, it's why they do it much earlier than more normal tier blockbusters. JL timing is pretty standard for films like it. I believe Wonder Woman was about the same time wise when I pre-ordered my WW opening weekend tickets.

Do you just go into every Justice League topic to talk about how Star Wars is a much much much bigger film that this film is.

Cheebo

Banned
Do you just go into every Justice League topic to talk about how Star Wars is a much much much bigger film that this film is.
Huh? No. I am seeing JL opening day and adored Wonder Woman. I liked Wonder Woman better than Rogue One my man.

I am just stating a fact. TALK is much larger (likely to do 750-800 mil vs JLs likely 300-350 mil) so it makes sense for tickets to go on sale much earlier as there is a much higher demand.

Star Wars is bigger than everything. It is what it is. I don’t see any comic movie, DC or Marvel, getting near Star Wars 7. And 8 will surely be the biggest this year.

Good news is that it ain’t a competition. Everybody can win.

Cheebo

Banned
Star Wars is bigger than everything. It is what it is. I don’t see any comic movie, DC or Marvel, getting near Star Wars 7. And 8 will surely be the biggest this year.

Good news is that it ain’t a competition. Everybody can win.
Yep. Only reason it's worth mentioning was when it was questioned why TLJ tickets went on sale earlier than JLs.

It's two different games at play here, apples and oranges.

Penguin

Yep. Only reason it's worth mentioning was when it was questioned why TLJ tickets went on sale earlier than JLs.

It's two different games at play here, apples and oranges.

I think also may be Disney since Thor tickets went on sale 2 months out as well.

It's odd to fight about it though, doesn't matter when tickets go on sale doesn't make the movie's release date change much

Penguin

Between Black Panther and Justice League, "too much cg" is definitely the new empty complaint everyone parrots de jour.

And what people mean isn't too much CG, but too much obvious CG which is slightly different.

Either way, I mean I'd love to hear their solutions for these problems

I like how he doesn't run that far away from em...

"Like Barry, you could have waited the 5 seconds it would take us to walk there!"

I think the rumors were her for Zatanna.

Although, I guess she wouldn't be too young for Armie Hammer's Batman. Jokes aside, if stars align and Armie Hammer replaces Affleck as Bruce Wayne, do they end up adjusting other areas of the character. I doubt anyone would bat an eye if they say Armie's Bruce is 10 years older than he actually is, but even so that's a fair bit younger than Affleck. We'll see. Or we won't. Who knows.

The rumors I keep seeing all point to Catwoman. The Zatanna narrative seems to largely be coming from the fans arguing that she's too young to be Catwoman to Affleck's Batman, which likely won't be an issue given how things look for Batfleck these days. Like you said, she'd be fine if Armie Hammer or another younger actor replaces Affleck as Batman (which I think is probably very likely).

If memory serves me right, the rumor is that she's Catwoman alongside Margot Robbie as Harley in the Sirens film or something along those lines. Given her performance in Baby Driver, I think Eiza would make an excellent Selina Kyle/Catwoman.

She would make a fine Zantanna in Justice League Dark too though.

Ross61

They weren’t really rumors just fan speculation because she has Geoff follows her on Twitter and she @ him a couple times.

The rumors I keep seeing all point to Catwoman. The Zatanna narrative seems to largely be coming from the fans arguing that she's too young to be Catwoman to Affleck's Batman, which likely won't be an issue given how things look for Batfleck these days. Like you said, she'd be fine if Armie Hammer or another younger actor replaces Affleck as Batman (which I think is probably very likely).

If memory serves me right, the rumor is that she's Catwoman alongside Margot Robbie as Harley in the Sirens film or something along those lines. Given her performance in Baby Driver, I think Eiza would make an excellent Selina Kyle/Catwoman.

She would make a fine Zantanna in Justice League Dark too though.

I think another part of the Zatanna rumor comes from another rumor that they weren't looking to cast a white actress in the role.

However it shakes out, I liked her in Baby Driver and wouldn't mind her in either role.

Between Black Panther and Justice League, "too much cg" is definitely the new empty complaint everyone parrots de jour.

Wouldn't be surprised if it's something CinemaSins or RedLetterMedia harped on. Usually how it goes.

khkq1g2.gif

Ashhong

Can we cast Ana de Armas in something? I hope WB casts her now that she's in the WB family after Blade Runner. She's gorgeous and a good actress from what I've seen.

Eiza Gonzales as Catwoman would be pretty dope. she killed it in Baby Driver

not sure how I feel about Ana De Armas right now tbh. she's hella fine but I thought her character was the worst part of Blade Runner 2049. don't really think that was her fault though, I just wasn't feeling that aspect of the story.

not sure how I feel about Ana De Armas right now tbh. she's hella fine but I thought her character was the worst part of Blade Runner 2049. don't really think that was her fault though, I just wasn't feeling that aspect of the story.

You are wrong.

Ashhong

You are crazy. Joi was the heart of the movie

Meh, 'Her' did it better. The one thing I really liked about the joi stuff was the bleak ending payoff to that attachment he had to her tho
when he sees that giant hologram call him Joe, like just another customer

New?

Too much CG has been a constant whine about movies for nearly 2 decades now. I don't know if it was Phantom Menace that made it a thing, but it's gotten to be the absolute go to brainless comment about big budget movies.

New?

Too much CG has been a constant whine about movies for nearly 2 decades now. I don't know if it was Phantom Menace that made it a thing, but it's gotten to be the absolute go to brainless comment about big budget movies.
CG is about using it well. Go watch Fincher movies, they are full of CG.

Ninjimbo

Meh, 'Her' did it better. The one thing I really liked about the joi stuff was the bleak ending payoff to that attachment he had to her tho
'Her' devoted an entire story to it. Of course it's going to seem better but what was in Blade Runner was done really well especially if you consider the implications of Joi's arc.

Folks complain about Fincher using CGI breath in Social Network. Nobody is immune.

Although I’ll admit the CGI in War for the Planet of the Apes was a very rare instance where I didn’t need to suspend my disbelief.

Cgi complaints are pretty overblown for this genre when you consider it's hard to do shit with characters like superman, flash, hulk etc. Without copious amounts of it

But at the same time none of these big third act superhero action scenes in the last few years have been as satisfying as that Batman warehouse sequence and that was all stunt choreography and wire work. Tbh I still prefer those hard impact action scenes over stuff like superman punching people through a bunch of shit no matter how cool the latter sounds on paper

Ashhong

I agree, although I feel like you really can't compare the two because they handle it so differently.

I just want more Ana :(

Penguin

I think the thing with "too much CG" is that it's a complaint not a criticism.

There are some legit gripes with JL's CG and I believe it may have been MH who was able to pull it out of some folks in the trailer thread. There's a certain amount of disconnect between the chars and the background at times especially when it's a CG char on a CG backdrop.

But folks use shorthand and the conversation goes nowhere

I skimmed the sex scenes and that was it. Movie seemed lame lol. Was it good overall?

Good? No.

It's Awesome

Knock Knock is one of the worst movies ever made, and I freakin love Keanu Reeves.

Knock Knock is not for everyone...You can't really understand the acting nuances of being a successfull architect whose perfect marriage is put to the test when two wet(literaly) women come knocking. Reeves delivered in spectacular fashion.

Keanu is not for everyone, but even Van Ghog was considered a bumbling idiot until he died and people understood his genius.

It was free pizza! I love that that scene was too show Keanu's acting and all I could do was think oh Keanu don't go chasing waterfalls, what is yiu doing?

This man knows what's up.

Top Bottom