• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC TV Off-Season - Crisis on Infinite Reruns

ZeroX03

Banned
Maybe they'll be like Gotham season regulars who get less than 10 minutes of screentime over the entire season. ����

Yeah I thought it was funny that dent's actor was a regular despite barely showing up at all. Part of the weird charm that is Gotham season 2.

True Blood was the king of making everybody a series regular. That show was only 80 episodes but managed to have 55 different actors in the opening credits throughout it's run.

Joni

So now you think she isn't going to be a villain? Make up your damn mind.

I don't judge people on their last name. I didn't think Eddie was one because you are. I only judge them based on who they date. Like if you date Cisco, you're a criminal. If you date Oliver, you're every normal woman. If you date Barry, I know you'll be single in 2 weeks.

I don't judge people on their last name. I didn't think Eddie was one because you are. I only judge them based on who they date. Like if you date Cisco, you're a criminal. If you date Oliver, you're every normal woman. If you date Barry, I know you'll be single in 2 weeks.

If you date Oliver, something bad is going to happen to you

Sarah - got dead
Helena- prison
McKenna - knee shot out by Helena
Laurel - got dead
Shado - got dead
Isabella - got dead
Felicity - three episodes in a wheelchair
Laurel - got dead
Taiana - got dead
Samantha - kid gets kidnapped
Nyssa - husband kills her dad and gives her inheritance to her nemesis

Joni

Hasn't every woman Oliver dated been a crime fighter of some sort? Sara, Laurel, Felicity, McKenna, Shado, Taiana. Baby momma doesn't count because she was a fling.

Well, Isabel Rochev wasn't really opposed to crime, baby momma should count, and there was his short flirt with Iris, where he walked in and she fell for him immediately.

ZeroX03

Banned
Well, Isabel Rochev wasn't really opposed to crime, baby momma should count, and there was his short flirt with Iris, where he walked in and she fell for him immediately.

None of that is dating though. Those are took place as one night stands or in Iris's imagination.

Luigi87

I'm just waiting for the twist that Thea isn't Moira's daughter either, and isn't actually related to Oliver so that can finally be a thing.

... I mean, I'm not the only one surely.

KonradLaw

I'm just waiting for the twist that Thea isn't Moira's daughter either, and isn't actually related to Oliver so that can finally be a thing.

But that would take all the spice out of that ship
tumblr_lqz33hmKML1r018mr.gif

Joni

People wanting to date their adopted sibling are sick psychopaths. Just look at Dexter, How To Get Away With Murder or The Flash.

ZeroX03

Banned
I dunno. TV shows have been doing sibling incest for years now. If Arrow wanted to shock us, they could do better. They could hire Wozzly.

Magwik

Banned
People wanting to date their adopted sibling are sick psychopaths. Just look at Dexter, How To Get Away With Murder or The Flash.
You know shit is bad when you compare it to the Dexter stuff. But I forgive the Flash because Papa Joe is the one true dad.

Joni

Casting news for Flash:

I’m seeing nothing firm (yet) on Mirror Master being introduced, but here’s a curious new breakdown to wrap your noodle around: For Season 3, the CW hit is casting the major recurring character of Barry’s slightly older, slightly geekier contemporary, a guy who is as smart as he is intuitive. As such, this newcomer doesn’t buy Barry’s nice guy routine and sets out to learn what he’s hiding — all while concealing some secrets of his own….

Also possibility on an Arrow regular leaving.

Question: Any news on John Barrowman’s status for Season 5 of Arrow? Will he return as a regular? —Brian
Ausiello: Unclear at this time.

IconGrist

I really liked Merlyn in Season 1, thought he was okay in Season 2, couldn't understand why he was in Season 3, now think he just wouldn't leave the set for Season 4 and they just wrote scenes for him since he was there anyway.

ZeroX03

Banned
Casting news for Flash:

Also possibility on an Arrow regular leaving.

They weren't mentioned in the S5 cast in the show description, not that it means much. Are we really spoiler tagging unconfirmed statuses?

I was talking to the op and it was referring to the live action one.

You were talking to the OP to tell them about news that had already been posted earlier on the same page with a better source? Okay...

Interesting interview with Larry Teng, co-executive producer and director of several episodes of Supergirl: http://www.supergirl.tv/a-chat-with-larry-teng
Adding to the rumors, many have said to expect a scaled-down version of Supergirl in season 2. Do you have any information on that?

"The truth is that last year The Flash being in Canada, the currency conversion and their tax incentives, they actually made the show, if I'm not mistaken, for more money than [Supergirl] did, for [more budget] money to spend on [The Flash] than [Supergirl]. The rumor of the show scaling back, none of that is true. In some ways, the show is going to be bigger and better than it was before. Canada affords it that opportunity."

ZeroX03

Banned
Doctor Fate in Injustice 2!

Interesting interview with Larry Teng, co-executive producer and director of several episodes of Supergirl: http://www.supergirl.tv/a-chat-with-larry-teng

He's very optimistic, but I think the Vancouver production companies are a lot more capable than whoever they were using in LA so I'm looking forward to things like better fight scenes in familiar abandoned warehouses.

They'll also be saving a lot of money not paying for their most expensive cast member in Calista full time...

Joni

Who needs
Merlyn
when we as viewers deserve more time for the Smoak faimily?

Let's be honest: if I have to spend another year with Malcolm being a bad guy and getting away with it, I'd rather have Donna and Chesthair romance scenes. There is a time for villains to come and go.

Luckily for us, we had some people on our staff that worked on Glee

They even keep casting Glee members behind the scenes. Some other interesting behind the scenes stuff in there as well.

KonradLaw

I would imagine that when you're shooting four shows set in the same universe and doing it in one city there's a lot of opportunity to cut costs without sacrificing quality.

VanWinkle

I've been a long-time fan of Gotham, and I thought the first half or more of season 2 was fantastic, but I have to admit I just couldn't shake the feeling that as it was nearing the end of the season it was just too silly a lot of times. I used to think they were kind of going for that Burton tone, and for awhile they were, but it seems WAY more over the top than that now. There were still moments I loved throughout, but man was it getting silly. Don't get me wrong; I like silly, but there is such a thing as too much.

Joni

I would imagine that when you're shooting four shows set in the same universe and doing it in one city there's a lot of opportunity to cut costs without sacrificing quality.

Of course. And in the highly competitive field of stage hands and the likes, it can be an advantage that every camera man and the like knows that even if their show gets cancelled, there are still three-four other related shows filming where he can be used.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Supergirl and Gorilla Grodd are confirmed as new roster additions to Injustice 2. DC TV domination baby :D

Would be whack if Flash's big bad wasn't Grodd.

e: looks like Captain Cold too!

flashinjusticex4x7d.gif

zJboSLk.gif
I just want more Arrowverse skins :D

Yup, although it's also a higher chance of seeing the same sets with just the furniture rearranged :p

The Flash Season 3 |OT| FLASH! AAAAAH! DESTROYER OF THE UNIVERSE!
#dead

If they are gonna keep Malcolm recurring, keep him Villain status, don't make him flip flop like he did this season. No more Teaming up with Oliver and Company.

Joni

If they are gonna keep Malcolm recurring, keep him Villain status, don't make him flip flop like he did this season. No more Teaming up with Oliver and Company.
No, even as a villain he reached the status where they really need to kill him or every death is on team Arrow.

Remember when Oliver kept trying to justify Malcolm living as being "For Thea" when she literally does not give a shit about him and even when Malcolm made it clear he put his life above Thea's they still kept him around.

Even back when he was a fresh character in season 1 I never recalled Merlyn being popular enough for them to want to keep around. Barrowman is great, but even he can't save the character from running his course a season ago.

Gotham is a) DC and b) on TV, so it qualifies, even if it isn't a Berlantiverse show. Besides, it's also c) better than any of the CW shows. So there's that.

Joni

Gotham is a) DC and b) on TV, so it qualifies, even if it isn't a Berlantiverse show. Besides, it's also c) better than any of the CW shows. So there's that.

That crazy thinking is why it isn't welcome here.
That or the fact it is easier to discuss the other DC shows in their own threads, as those threads still have a lot of life in them. Gotham thread can take another 16.000 posts. I was already surprised we got this one when the Arrowverse threads still had life in them.

Top Bottom