• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 4: Frank's Big Package coming to PS4.

Marcel

Oh yeah im definitely aware of the timers so thats why I held off on Dead Rising 1 and 2. I dont wanna feel rushed, just wanna take my time exploring the map and making crazy weapons to kill zombies with!

There are better zombie games to play then if that's all you want. Don't waste your time with DR4. Dying Light is miles better than DR4.

There are better zombie games to play then if that's all you want. Don't waste your time with DR4. Dying Light is miles better than DR4.

Oh I have wanted to play that but Im too scared of the zombies when it gets dark D: lmao

@ShockingAlberto I have but the setting doesnt really interest me haha

Game looks like an absolute disaster from everything I've seen. Hell, DR3 didn't look like the DR I know and love but at least from what I could tell it looked like a finished product. DR4 was rushed to market.

I kind of want to experience this trainwreck but I'll wait till I can get it for like 5 bucks.

RootCause

Have you considered a Warriors game
Why would he consider a series that plays entirely different? My god, I've never seen so much hyperbole.
And to pretend you have make some Master plan to survive in previous tittles is bs too, considering you can wipe the floor with any enemy by just using the bat+nails combo you get in the very beginning of the game.

Out of curiosity, what makes this game so bad in comparison with the previous entries?
The only resemblance Dead Rising 4 carries from the older games, is its usage of zombies. It also somehow had LESS attention to detail than games from the previous console generation, including environmental interactivity. That's beyond pitiful for a sequel that was repeatedly drummed up for going "back to its roots."

I'll never understand this sentiment. The original has actually aged pretty badly as far as the shittier controls, horrible survivor AI, ridiculous area transition loading, awful conversation interface, etc. DR2 fixes all of that and adds some great new elements while still preserving the same formula as DR1.
DR2 is still good in isolation, but there's a large number of design choices that actively regressed some key elements of the original foundation. Furthermore: area transitions are a non-issue now with the remastered port and were always shorter than DR2's dire loading times, the only regrettable part of the conversations is the risk of being cut off from Otis (which you can still minimize the frequency thereof) and I disagree with DR1 having worse controls, largely because DR1 is in fact more responsive (even on 360) plus it didn't have DR2's clunky button overlap concerning the special moves.

Oh yeah im definitely aware of the timers so thats why I held off on Dead Rising 1 and 2. I dont wanna feel rushed, just wanna take my time exploring the map and making crazy weapons to kill zombies with!
You can still take your time exploring the mall and killing zombies in DR1 and 2. Neither game abruptly ends once you fail / refuse to reach a story deadline.

Why would he consider a series that plays entirely different? My god, I've never seen so much hyperbole.
And to pretend you have make some Master plan to survive in previous tittles is bs too, considering you can wipe the floor with any enemy by just using the bat+nails combo you get in the very beginning of the game.
DR2 was indeed a walk in the park for a number of reasons, but DR1 was most assuredly a methodical game by comparison with zombies and special enemies being a much larger threat if you weren't prepared.

Pilgrimzero

Bummer too bad it’s not 3 then which I actually liked a lot.

It's the next step up from 3. More crazy and less difficult. The natural evaluation of the series it seems.

DR5 will probably be Frank farting on zombies who all die in the hundreds with each blast.

Jawmuncher

If you can find it for $20 I say give it a shot.

Yeah that's my take on it too. If you've already waited this long to play it just wait for it to hit $20. It's a decent enough game for that price I would say.

As for your take on Fortnite I haven't played that yet but have been very interested in trying it out. So i'll see how that compares a bit once I get my hands on it.

As strange as Street Fighter IV on xbox but V staying exclusive to PS4

Nah, not the same.
If there's a SFVI that's also PS4 exclusive but one year later seems to come to Xbox One while V stays exclusive, that would be the same.

SFV is still the newest game that is just PS4 exclusive now. Happens, normal, but with DR where 1 was Xbox exclusive, 2 not, 3 again and 4 logically too but then 2 and the exclusive 1 appears for PS4 while 3 stays exclusive and now 4 appears on PS4 too, that's a strange history.

RootCause

Yeah that's my take on it too. If you've already waited this long to play it just wait for it to hit $20. It's a decent enough game for that price I would say.

As for your take on Fortnite I haven't played that yet but have been very interested in trying it out. So i'll see how that compares a bit once I get my hands on it.
Assuming that person had a system to play it on.

CDV13

Sheesh!

I hope no one that has a PS4 and wanted to try this actually buys it. NeoGaf The Authority On Video Games has spoken and it is bad!

Lol.

Spman2099

I was hoping that they were going to take a serious look at all the complaints and see if they could fix a lot of the problems. Essentially, I had hoped they were going to try to do the same thing that they with with the DmC: Definitive Edition...

Instead they just bundled all the crap together. Too bad, they could have done right by the fans (or at least tried).

hawk2025

It is interesting that the marketing seems to have gone from "We want to tell a deep story about consumerism" to "LOL PENIS".

Jawmuncher

I was hoping that they were going to take a serious look at all the complaints and see if they could fix a lot of the problems. Essentially, I had hoped they were going to try to do the same thing that they with with the DmC: Definitive Edition...

Instead they just bundled all the crap together. Too bad, they could have done right by the fans (or at least tried).

Yeah I think that would've been a better take. New SKU for All the DLC together and a patch for original owners to get the other improvements just not the DLC (but perhaps offer a new bundle of all the DLC and a discount if you already had the season pass)

Het_Nkik

I'm a huge DR1&2 fan. Never played 3 because no XBO. I am very tempted to get this even though many aspects of it look like a mockery of the series.

Maybe when it's in bargain bins.

Keinning

Nah, not the same.
If there's a SFVI that's also PS4 exclusive but one year later seems to come to Xbox One while V stays exclusive, that would be the same.

SFV is still the newest game that is just PS4 exclusive now. Happens, normal, but with DR where 1 was Xbox exclusive, 2 not, 3 again and 4 logically too but then 2 and the exclusive 1 appears for PS4 while 3 stays exclusive and now 4 appears on PS4 too, that's a strange history.

microsoft helped to develop DR3. it's not exclusive just for kicks
another example - nintendo helps developing bayonetta 2, game is exclusive despite bayonetta being everywhere

same thing with SFV which is not exclusive "just now", it will remain exclusive even if SFVI go multiplat again

Roboculus

Dead Rising 4 feels like it went too far (similar to Resident Evil 6).

Which sucks because I was more optimistic before the game came out. I liked Dead Rising 3 (and Resident Evil 5) and a game that builds on that is something I would be interested in but just like with RE6, it feels like Capcom just went too far and ended up making a game that even fans that stuck with the previous entry had trouble liking as much.

At this point, Dead Rising needs a reboot like Resident Evil had (assuming they keep working on it).

Justinh

Xbox friends, this is skippable - yea?

I actually had a lot of fun with it, but yeah I'd still say this one is a safe one to skip, especially if you like... you know, Dead Rising-type games. I think the only reason I liked 4 might've been that Nu-Frank reminded me a lot of an old High School friend and it was Christmas Time when I played it.

I haven't even thought about playing this game after the season ended.

I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that there will be a trial on PS4, since they released one really quickly on Xbox One when it was apparent that the game was selling super-poorly (from what I gathered. I don't have numbers or anything...), so maybe try the trial when it inevitably gets dropped.

Game looks like an absolute disaster from everything I've seen. Hell, DR3 didn't look like the DR I know and love but at least from what I could tell it looked like a finished product. DR4 was rushed to market.

I kind of want to experience this trainwreck but I'll wait till I can get it for like 5 bucks.

Lol never change neogaf

Sheesh!

I hope no one that has a PS4 and wanted to try this actually buys it. NeoGaf The Authority On Video Games has spoken and it is bad!

Lol.
899F4tF.png
That mean old NeoGAF

Are we pretending 70 range is bad now? The user score is irrelevant, we've seen how BOTW was trolled.
How you can even pretend that a 4.7 and an 8.4 on user reviews are close to similar is beyond me.
Users outside of NeoGAF legitimately hate this game (me included). The poster I quoted was making it out to be a GAF bubble of hatred when it very much isn't. Your post couldn't be more irrelevant or incorrect.

If this sells bad on PS4 I don't see them putting Dead Rising 5 on PS4 too

Hopefully there won't be a Dead Rising 5. Not saying Capcom can't keep on making shallow, mindless, focus-group designed zombie games, but slapping the Dead Rising label on it does a disservice to all involved.

DR2 is still good in isolation, but there's a large number of design choices that actively regressed some key elements of the original foundation. Furthermore: area transitions are a non-issue now with the remastered port and were always shorter than DR2's dire loading times, the only regrettable part of the conversations is the risk of being cut off from Otis (which you can still minimize the frequency thereof) and I disagree with DR1 having worse controls, largely because DR1 is in fact more responsive (even on 360) plus it didn't have DR2's clunky button overlap concerning the special moves.

I replayed both games via the remasters when they were released. Loading is still a bigger problem in DR1 due to the far higher frequency of it. The conversation issue is bad when just speaking with survivors in general, not just with regard to missing an Otis call. You are stuck waiting while the conversation progresses far slower than anyone would normally speak. I found both the controls and collision detection worse in DR1. You didn't address the frustrating brain-dead survivor AI either which is vastly improved in DR2.

RootCause

How you can even pretend that a 4.7 and an 8.4 on user reviews are close to similar is beyond me.
Users outside of NeoGAF legitimately hate this game (me included). The poster I quoted was making it out to be a GAF bubble of hatred when it very much isn't. Your post couldn't be more irrelevant or incorrect.
Trolled as in review bombed. We've seen this in many industries, where if you don't cater to a certain group, they go apeshit with negative reviews. The fact that you cannt even understand that speaks volumes. Also, why do you continue to pretend that 70 range score is bad?

Top Bottom