• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadpool & Wolverine | Official Teaser

FunkMiller

I loved the first two, but I have real trouble mustering up any interest in something set in that tired as shit MCU. They’re desperate to show how ‘this is the Deadpool you loved back again!’ but the stench of corporate safety drips off this trailer. Also, why the fuck are they hiding Jackman?

Last edited:
Goodness you lot are jaded!

The trailer looked great to me! And it's a TEASER... Not a proper full trailer.

Well after a Phase 4 full of woke nonsense pandering, how do you expect people to react? I admit I enjoyed a few movies and shows in Phase 4 but compared to how much I enjoyed Phase 1 - 3, it's a massive drop in quality. Now Phase 5 has been horrible, the only thing I loved was Loki Season 2. If I don't like Deadpool 3, I'm officially out of the MCU. Fiege let his personal politics in the MCU, his funeral I guess

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Eeeeeeh looking good so far! First Marvel movie I'm interested in since Infinity War

And I just saw that in the scene were Deadpool is reloading, there is a big 20th Century Fox statue/logo behind him:

Last edited:

Neon Xenon

This Teaser (long enough to be called a "Trailer", but whatever) was okay. On par with what to expect from a Deadpool movie. I didn't immediately hate what I was watching, so that's a plus, I guess.

Trunx81

It isn’t :(
CsXTLwt.jpg

look, it's not a bad trailer.
I like the first 2 films. However... the biggest problem is this is now part of the MCU, and people are just tired of Disney, not just the constant agenda messaging, but their stuff are just straight up crap. The company is now a plague. Even if Deadpool3 is good, it won't save the franchise. Too much damage has already been done.

Personally I prefer this film not be part of MCU.

I'm assuming the multiverse thing is how his gf is still alive.

Doom85

Obviously they'll try to make out this is a 'different' Logan, because boring MCU multiverse shit, but it's still a mistake to have him in this film. I honestly don't think it's going to pull in the cash they think it will.

The Logan in “Logan” was already an alternate universe version anyway, since the movie saying there had been no new mutants in 25 years does not mesh up with there clearly being kids in the Xavier mansion in the new future at the end of Days of Future Past based on the years each is set in. So you can’t blame the MCU for something that was already clearly in place when the movie originally came out.

Makes sense anyway, yes Logan was a perfect send off for him, but it’s a shitty send off for the entire rest of the X-men. Works far better as an alternate reality.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
look, it's not a bad trailer.
I like the first 2 films. However... the biggest problem is this is now part of the MCU, and people are just tired of Disney, not just the constant agenda messaging, but their stuff are just straight up crap. The company is now a plague. Even if Deadpool3 is good, it won't save the franchise. Too much damage has already been done.

Personally I prefer this film not be part of MCU.

I'm assuming the multiverse thing is how his gf is still alive.

You forgot already? Wade saved Vanessa by going back through time with Cable's time travel device that Yukio fixed.

Feige wasn't overseeing everything in phases 4 and (so far) 5. He's got his power back and no longer delegating other people look after the movies and shows. They're slowing things down now to get back to quality... Deadpool was largely Reynolds' baby and he co-wrote it as well as helped produce it. I have faith in this. Reynolds wouldn't have done it if he didn't have control of the narrative like he did in the first 2 movies.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
I'm cautiously optimistic now. If I limit my Ryan Reynolds exposure from now till July then I should be ready for his brand o'humor and it's possible this movie just roasts Marvel for all the shit I've been criticizing it for over the past 4 years or so and they can sorta apologize and we can all move on.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Exactly! With the leaked images and video of this movie, it's like no one actually is getting it that this isn't the Logan from the movie.
Well, to be fair, the "marketing" such as it is, is HEAVILY capitalizing on "Hey, it's HUGH JACKMAN as Wolverine!" in such a way that I can understand folks thinking this is a continuation of the Hugh Wolverine run rather than an independent Wolverine part that just so happens to be also played by Hugh.

Toons

I'm cautiously optimistic now. If I limit my Ryan Reynolds exposure from now till July then I should be ready for his brand o'humor and it's possible this movie just roasts Marvel for all the shit I've been criticizing it for over the past 4 years or so and they can sorta apologize and we can all move on.

Paying to see a movie expecting an apology is ridiculous.

You're not going to get one, it's going to be tongue in cheek jokes, ones this franchise isn't even new to(much like in the comics she hulk did it first)

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Well after a Phase 4 full of woke nonsense pandering, how do you expect people to react? I admit I enjoyed a few movies and shows in Phase 4 but compared to how much I enjoyed Phase 1 - 3, it's a massive drop in quality. Now Phase 5 has been horrible, the only thing I loved was Loki Season 2. If I don't like Deadpool 3, I'm officially out of the MCU. Fiege let his personal politics in the MCU, his funeral I guess
I've never really considered Deadpool as part of the MCU. It's kinda it's own thing.

Top Bottom