• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadpool & Wolverine | Official Teaser

SJRB

Gold Member
That was great.

cm8g40fi82ic1.jpeg

Last edited:
Solid meh

I can't anymore with Superhero movies. I'm burned out on the genre.
Who the fuck cares about this shit anymore
I have real trouble mustering up any interest in something set in that tired as shit MCU.
I can tell that you guys still care. You’re still entering marvel trailer threads with expectations, and you’re still leaving comments.

I know what a thread looks like here when people truly don’t care. Crickets and less than 10 replies.

Soodanim

At this point, with interest at an all time low, getting this meta doesn't hurt anything. It's the perfect time to let Deadpool do this thing and not worry about maintaining a serious tone.

Marvel desperately needs fun, and with this actually being MCU I think it won't be like previous movies - there's more content to work with rather than maybe a couple X-Men.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I will watch this no matter how bad.
Because my response would be

Fail The Simpsons GIF

My mind was changed by the excellence of GoTG 3

So I’m hoping against hope this is good.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
I can tell that you guys still care. You’re still entering marvel trailer threads with expectations, and you’re still leaving comments.

I know what a thread looks like here when people truly don’t care. Crickets and less than 10 replies.
I don't think this is true. Go look at the Late night with the Devil thread. Only 5 replies but all positive. Not much to say about a solid trailer for a new IP. But an opinion about an established IP, we all got one of those.

I thought DP1 was fantastic. DP2 had some great elements, but a reallly ho hum tone and retread jokes that went on far too long. I'm hoping DP3 keeps it fresh and lively.

jason10mm

Gold Member
If there isn't some 4th wall breaking thing with his soccer team, I think that would be a failure.
See, thats the kind of thing that can EASILY go too far for too long. DP walks into a room FULL of Ryan Reynolds movie posters, drinking his vodka, talking on his cell phone, having Blake show up.....tough to say if that would really work. He is at high risk of ruining himself in an attempt to make fun of himself. Guess it depends on if you buy into his cult of personality or not.

Could use a few Green Lantern jokes though...

AJUMP23

See, thats the kind of thing that can EASILY go too far for too long. DP walks into a room FULL of Ryan Reynolds movie posters, drinking his vodka, talking on his cell phone, having Blake show up.....tough to say if that would really work. He is at high risk of ruining himself in an attempt to make fun of himself. Guess it depends on if you buy into his cult of personality or not.

Could use a few Green Lantern jokes though...

I think they already covered the Green lantern stuff and the bad deadpool they made in that one wolverine movie, when he was mute.

mortal

Gold Member
Doens't look terrible just looks like more of the same. More Ryan Reynolds playing himself and Hugh Jackman playing the same character he's played for nearly 25 years now.
Not much to get excited over imo 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Papa_Wisdom

Deadpool and gotg were the only mcu movies I really enjoyed (the 3 main avengers movies were ok too I guess) the remainder of them never really did anything for me.

That said this look “ok” and been dead pool I’m cautiously optimistic.

Trunx81

At the end of the movie, he just breaks the 4th wall and talks to robot Kevin Feige, who teams him up with She-Hulk. Just you wait!

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
So no one recognized Pyro from the X-Men movies?

Or the Secret Wars comic near the end of the trailer with Doom on the cover?

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
So no one recognized Pyro from the X-Men movies?

Or the Secret Wars comic near the end of the trailer with Doom on the cover?
It's not like Pyro was hugely memorable in those movies. The actor has also aged quite a bit since then. As we all have. I didn't even know it was him until I saw the trailer with subtitles.

I don't think this is true. Go look at the Late night with the Devil thread. Only 5 replies but all positive. Not much to say about a solid trailer for a new IP. But an opinion about an established IP, we all got one of those.
I think you're misunderstanding my post. I'm not talking about positivity or negativity like DeafTourette DeafTourette , I'm talking about actual/true apathy.

poodaddy

Goodness you lot are jaded!

The trailer looked great to me! And it's a TEASER... Not a proper full trailer.
We've just all been hurt so many times....how do we really know they won't hurt us again? How do we trust that they've changed?!?

The memories.....
Captain Marvel Marvels GIF by Marvel Studios

The scars.....

We've been cut deep. It's tough to learn how to love again.

But if anyone can get the gown off my shoulders it's probably Deadpool and Wolvie. I'm in.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
We've just all been hurt so many times....how do we really know they won't hurt us again? How do we trust that they've changed?!?

The memories.....

The scars.....

We've been cut deep. It's tough to learn how to love again.

But if anyone can get the gown off my shoulders it's probably Deadpool and Wolvie. I'm in.

In Reynolds we trust....

Plus the recent push to not have so much quantity going forward (I blame Chapek) and with Feige once again overseeing everything like he did with phases 1-3 (look at him cancelling the previous Daredevil reboot story and reshooting EVERYTHING from scratch and bringing back Foggy and Karen). I am optimistic!

Now that I watched the trailer. I'm now more interested. I hope this is good. Other than Loki Season 2 this Phase 5 has been horrible. I hope they dig into making fun of the SJW/Feminazi stuff in Phase 4 and Phase 5. I doubt it but it would be nice gesture of good will and refreshing to see. But this is Disney, I doubt it

Top Bottom