• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadpool & Wolverine | Official Teaser

CGNoire

I loved the first two, but I have real trouble mustering up any interest in something set in that tired as shit MCU. They’re desperate to show how ‘this is the Deadpool you loved back again!’ but the stench of corporate safety drips off this trailer. Also, why the fuck are they hiding Jackman?
Yep. This is also the first Deadpool film to drop a trailer without a RedBan. I doubt thats a coincidence.

One of my other hopes is that this movie is Rated R. I'm hoping that's it Hard R too

Joker, The Boys, The Marvel Netflix Series, Deadpool 1/2 and Logan proves to me that R Rated Superhero films/shows can be massively successful. I'm hoping that Disney learns to stop being pussies about it and release more R Rated Content when it comes to Superheros

Last edited:

Sybrix

The problem is we’ve had a Spider-Man movie with Maguire, Garfield and Holland along with all their main villains….

Not to mention the general feeling of Marvel saturation.

This just feels meh.

Wolverines back? Cool I guess, but see above.

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Yo I’m in for another Deadpool movie. I stopped giving a shit about superhero movies a while ago, but I’m always down for a stupid laugh.

Bunch of sourpusses in here. It looks fucking fantastic and a break from woke Disney shite.
It's quite literally owned by Disney now, so if you're hoping for an escape from wokeness then I have some bridges to sell you cheap

This won't be anything like the Deadpool films that were made when Fox was still an independent company

Are movies cheaping out on CGI recently or have we reached some weird crevice of uncanny valley where even the best CGI no longer looks convincing?
CGI has gotten extremely cheap in the last decade because most American VFX studios have closed and it's now all outsourced to Chinese studios working as cheaply as possible. Peak Hollywood CGI was probably in the 2000's, starting in the 2010's it declined very quickly as most production moved overseas, and now it's just really bad except for movies with VFX produced by a few surviving Western VFX studios like ILM, Weta FX, etc.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
It's quite literally owned by Disney now, so if you're hoping for an escape from wokeness then I have some bridges to sell you cheap

This won't be anything like the Deadpool films that were made when Fox was still an independent company

Ryan had complete control of the script and story... If there was something he didn't want, he wouldn't have made it. He wanted the movie HE wanted... Not what Disney/Marvel wanted. HE picked the director, HE got Hugh to sign on... This is Ryan's movie.

Soodanim

In Reynolds we trust....

Plus the recent push to not have so much quantity going forward (I blame Chapek) and with Feige once again overseeing everything like he did with phases 1-3 (look at him cancelling the previous Daredevil reboot story and reshooting EVERYTHING from scratch and bringing back Foggy and Karen). I am optimistic!
I didn't know about this, but it sounds good. Finger crossed we see improvement.

HoodWinked

Just had the thought that this is the first time Fox Marvel and Disney Marvel are substantively crossing over.

The most so far had been Professor X in Dr. Strange which is closer to a cameo.

Marvel14

Banned
Marvel Jesus incoming ! Looking forward to it! it's so different to everything else except for some Guardians vibes.

Lol at all those hating just because it's Disney owned or it involves superheroes.

Deadpool is the most consistently entertaining superhero property there is.

Just had the thought that this is the first time Fox Marvel and Disney Marvel are substantively crossing over.

The most so far had been Professor X in Dr. Strange which is closer to a cameo.
No? Wolverine (and the X-Men in general) and Deadpool were both part of "Fox Marvel". This is a crossover over 2 properties which were already Fox

If Fox are allowed to manage this on their own, it has a chance of being good. If it's already being interfered with by Disney, chances of being good drastic go down

Last edited:

HoodWinked

No? Wolverine (and the X-Men in general) and Deadpool were both part of "Fox Marvel". This is a crossover over 2 properties which were already Fox

If Fox are allowed to manage this on their own, it has a chance of being good. If it's already being interfered with by Disney, chances of being good drastic go down
Yes someone who is talking about a very obscure reference in a Doctor Strange sequel wouldn't know X-Men and Deadpool was 20th Century Fox. I'm obviously talking about the TVA which is proper Disney Marvel.

ManaByte

I actually want a lobo movie, but having the main character take a random passerby and savagely ripping it open to teach anatomy to a crappy cartoonist might not be the kind of thing that gets made into a movie.
Amber Heard Aapi GIF by Team Coco

Fox doesn't exist anymore.

Last edited:
I will literally take anything other than whatever the fuck Disney has been shitting out lately. I can't remember the last good Marvel film I watched.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Ryan had complete control of the script and story... If there was something he didn't want, he wouldn't have made it. He wanted the movie HE wanted... Not what Disney/Marvel wanted. HE picked the director, HE got Hugh to sign on... This is Ryan's movie.
Ryan is also the guy who made a completely unasked for "apology tour" for having his wedding at a plantation. So while he has a raunchy sense of humor, I don't think he will be "unwoke" AT ALL.

I just want good jokes, well shot action, and fresh ideas.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Ryan is also the guy who made a completely unasked for "apology tour" for having his wedding at a plantation. So while he has a raunchy sense of humor, I don't think he will be "unwoke" AT ALL.

I just want good jokes, well shot action, and fresh ideas.

A weird apology tour (granted, I find it weird anyone in this day and age would ever marry at a 19th century cotton plantation) isn't the same as a movie. He spearheaded the previous Deadpool movies... Yet you don't trust him with the third? He HATED the "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" version of his character... Or what became of him. He LOVES his character... I'm just not seeing the disconnect here.

jason10mm

Gold Member
A weird apology tour (granted, I find it weird anyone in this day and age would ever marry at a 19th century cotton plantation) isn't the same as a movie. He spearheaded the previous Deadpool movies... Yet you don't trust him with the third? He HATED the "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" version of his character... Or what became of him. He LOVES his character... I'm just not seeing the disconnect here.
I'm just saying that it seems unlikely that Ryan would deliberately attack "woke" ideology. Is he having T.J. Miller back? Or Gina Careno? THAT would be a big middle finger to cancel culture (assuming Miller got his issues under control)!

I think Ryan is highly socially conscious as it relates to all his business brands. So anyone who thinks he's gonna tackle deep issues about "the MSheU", deflating "toxic masculinity", lampooning girl boss characters, forced representation, or whatever are highly likely to be disappointed. In that sense a 100% Ryan movie would align a lot more with a Disney product than folks think (especially if you view everything through a woke colored lens), with the addition of a lot of potty humor. While I do think he will take some jabs at other marvel characters, no way will he throw Phase 4 under the bus like some here hope, Ryan himself wouldn't do that IMHO.

If anything, he'd have a quick shot of Captain America sneaking out the back of a male strip club or the Hulk doing a massive line of coke as the "safe" ways to be shocking, not She-Hulk doing Onlyfans, Shang-Chi getting turned down by every female hero for a date, Black Widow having menstrual cramps (which may actually be against lore, I suppose), or all the bad guys addressing Winter Soldier as the "Hero" while Falcon stands there with the Shield being the assumed side-kick. These could all be really funny bits, but I think they are "too cruel" for today. Certainly we would never see something like a Plastic Man type character turning into a dress to be worn by a female hero or some of the other really extreme elements of comic book culture (that's all on The Boys now).

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I'm just saying that it seems unlikely that Ryan would deliberately attack "woke" ideology. Is he having T.J. Miller back? Or Gina Careno? THAT would be a big middle finger to cancel culture (assuming Miller got his issues under control)!

I think Ryan is highly socially conscious as it relates to all his business brands. So anyone who thinks he's gonna tackle deep issues about "the MSheU", deflating "toxic masculinity", lampooning girl boss characters, forced representation, or whatever are highly likely to be disappointed. In that sense a 100% Ryan movie would align a lot more with a Disney product than folks think (especially if you view everything through a woke colored lens), with the addition of a lot of potty humor. While I do think he will take some jabs at other marvel characters, no way will he throw Phase 4 under the bus like some here hope, Ryan himself wouldn't do that IMHO.

If anything, he'd have a quick shot of Captain America sneaking out the back of a male strip club or the Hulk doing a massive line of coke as the "safe" ways to be shocking, not She-Hulk doing Onlyfans, Shang-Chi getting turned down by every female hero for a date, Black Widow having menstrual cramps (which may actually be against lore, I suppose), or all the bad guys addressing Winter Soldier as the "Hero" while Falcon stands there with the Shield being the assumed side-kick. These could all be really funny bits, but I think they are "too cruel" for today. Certainly we would never see something like a Plastic Man type character turning into a dress to be worn by a female hero or some of the other really extreme elements of comic book culture (that's all on The Boys now).
saluwnwfsek91.jpg

Funny enough, Deadpool 1 and 2, I consider highly woke as fuck. Hated them both when they first came out

Neon Xenon

Marvel, let's say, hasn't had the best batting average as of late, so it really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that people are wary about new releases with the Marvel name, even a new Deadpool movie.

Again, the trailer was fine, but a trailer that makes me interested is the bare minimum I want from a trailer. Maybe the script won't be trash, but I hate having to ask for just that.

My one hope with this film? That it somehow results in the Deadpool game to be relisted on Steam and other digital platforms. Not because I think the game is amazing or anything, it's because I missed out on buying it, and I still regret it. I'd like to own a (legal) copy on Steam.

jason10mm

Gold Member

My middle school aged son is sooooooooo gonna want to see this. How early for a rated R film? Seems unlikely there will be a spectacular set of tits or anything, so it'll probably just be language, a bit of gore, and potty humor he's already pretty conversant in. My mom took me to see Friday the Thirteen part 3 at the tender age of 8 or so, if I could survive that harrowing experience I think he'll be ok :p

JonSnowball

My middle school aged son is sooooooooo gonna want to see this. How early for a rated R film? Seems unlikely there will be a spectacular set of tits or anything, so it'll probably just be language, a bit of gore, and potty humor he's already pretty conversant in. My mom took me to see Friday the Thirteen part 3 at the tender age of 8 or so, if I could survive that harrowing experience I think he'll be ok :p
I was 6 when I saw Robocop. Don't overthink it.

bitbydeath

Did he watch the other two Deadpool films?
His reaction to those should set expectations.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Ok that was a good trailer. Kinda pumped for this.

But also kinda imagine it will be my last MCU film I see in theaters.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
Did he watch the other two Deadpool films?
His reaction to those should set expectations.
No, not yet. I'm sure he would like them, it's just how much profanity and dirty/profane stuff do I want him to see? I don't think there will be much, if any, direct sexual stuff but do I want to have to explain pegging, foreskins, butt fucking, or the like? Probably just save it for me and the wife (the film, and the pegging and butt fucking I guess :p until he matures a bit. Some casual nudity is probably less concerning, really, than tons of jokes about graphic sexual acts.

Top Bottom