• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Democrats flip first seat (NH State House Legislature) in 2017 special elections.

spock

Wow, this is kind of close to me. Had no idea about the special election though. Good stuff in flipping the seat.

Mr. RPG

Eh, pretty sure most of their local government is red too isn't it? The district in this special election Trump won by double digits of I'm not mistaken

Well, republicans control the state house and senate, yes, but not by any insurmountable margins.

Montana has a Democratic governor and senator. Compared to the rest of the region around Montana, the state is pretty blue at the local and state level.

Well, republicans control the state house and senate, yes, but not by any insurmountable margins.

Montana has a Democratic governor and senator. Compared to the rest of the region around Montana, the state is pretty blue at the local and state level.

Man, Montana is one confusing state.

Hoping against all odds that it flips, too.

The Adder

Banned
Don't get your hopes up for Montana. It's possible, but don't get your hopes up. What matters is how close we are.

GA-6, however, is looking damn fine.

Don't get your hopes up for Montana. It's possible, but don't get your hopes up. What matters is how close we are.

You don't need to get your hopes up for either to be honest, but Montana is looking a lot better than I think anyone could possibly expect

Xe4

Banned

Montana is looking like it'll come down to the wire, which is better odds than any of the other districts up till now.

If dems over preform again, it'll be a lock.

You'reright that GA-6 looks even better though.

Montana is looking like it'll come down to the wire, which is better odds than any of the other districts up till now.

If dems over preform again, it'll be a lock.

You'reright that GA-6 looks even better though.

Remember that tomorrow the CBO releases its assessment of the healthcare bill. If the news is disastrous, it could cause a late swing toward Democrats on Thursday.

LOCK

First steps in a better balanced direction. We really need to get rid of these super majorities in many states. NC, for example, is super majority R. A few seats are needed to flip to prevent the state legislature from overriding Coopers vetos.

If we get close in Montana and Georgia I'll count that as a win because we are trending left nationwide and should continue to move that direction as the Republicans and Trump keep shiting the bed.

Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but its important that Dems win back seats at the state level. The fact that they won in a R+20 district should give some pause. A sign of things to come?

My hope is that if Dems lose the Montana or Georgia races that ppl not get discouraged and continue the momentum.

First steps in a better balanced direction. We really need to get rid of these super majorities in many states. NC, for example, is super majority R. A few seats are needed to flip to prevent the state legislature from overriding Coopers vetos.

If we get close in Montana and Georgia I'll count that as a win because we are trending left nationwide and should continue to move that direction as the Republicans and Trump keep shiting the bed.

Gerrymandering in NC just got shot down by the Supreme Court, so a lot of those House seats that may not have been in play will possibly be up in midterms, too. I have no idea what the environment there is, but I hope NC is getting tired of all that shit.

Top Bottom